Daily Mobile Forum
23 April 2014, 13:47 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read the FORUM RULES - Ignoring the rules will end up with a ban so do NOT ask for registrations keys or share warez links / cracked applications. You have been warned!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nokia Drive+ is Now Available for All WP8 Devices in US, UK and Canada  (Read 1070 times)
MASMedia
Administrator
Crazy Poster

Activity
100%

« on: 24 January 2013, 14:54 »

When I got an HTC WP 8X to test I confused to say the least by lack of availability of Nokia Drive. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that Nokia was going to provide maps for all Windows Phone 8 devices as part of their agreement with Microsoft however I couldn't download the app to 8X.  Well it seems that if I would test that same 8X today I couidl download Nokia Drive  to it.  Nokia has announced that it is now available for all WP8 devices in the US, UK, and Canada.

Why is this such a big deal you say?  Nokia Drive is the ONLY fully offline maps on Windows Phone plus it has turn by turn navigation.  As I was looking around the web for proof of this I found this picture from Nokia Innovation of an HTC 8X with Nokia Drive+ loaded onto it.

If you have a non Lumia Windows Phone 8 device I suggest you download Nokia Drive to it.   You will thank me later when your "lost" and can find your way home easily.

VIA

purppleen

Activity
0%

« Reply #1 on: 25 January 2013, 02:33 »

What does really differenciate any WP8 device from a Lumia from now on?
Nice move MS... again!!!
Next move: Nokia becoming MS's service provider. In the meantime MS learn how to improve their Bing maps, until 2016, when Nokia will be dumped in the trash.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Daily Mobile - Daily iPhone Blog - Contact us - Forum Rules - © Copyright MAS Media Inc. | Privacy