Daily Mobile Forum
18 April 2014, 16:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: DailyMobile is looking for a few good writers.  If you're interested, go here for details.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hotmail On Nokia 5800  (Read 34892 times)
lestar

Activity
0%

« Reply #15 on: 01 March 2009, 22:43 »

It is possible to get Hotmail nicely integrated into the messaging application on the 5800 (ie NOT using the web browser).  I have this set up, and don't pay Hotmail a penny.  Is that what you are aiming to do?

eViL D:
Forum Elder

Current Phone:
HTC TD2  & Nokia 5800XM, Retired: Xperia X1i, G1, iPhone 3G, N95-3, N78, K850i, etc.....

Activity
0%

« Reply #16 on: 01 March 2009, 22:53 »

Will you explain?
lestar

Activity
0%

« Reply #17 on: 01 March 2009, 23:02 »

Shoot me if I am stating the obvious, I am new to all of this, but it is possible to get the built in 'Messaging' application to sync with the Hotmail servers and allow you to receive and send emails without logging into Live or Hotmail through the web browser.  Something to do with POP servers.  I dunno, I just followed this guys instructions to the letter and it worked flawlessly....

Hotmail on your 5800

williams

Activity
0%

« Reply #18 on: 01 March 2009, 23:38 »

just"invalid e mail adress"...not workin..
eViL D:
Forum Elder

Current Phone:
HTC TD2  & Nokia 5800XM, Retired: Xperia X1i, G1, iPhone 3G, N95-3, N78, K850i, etc.....

Activity
0%

« Reply #19 on: 02 March 2009, 00:25 »

Try this.   It should work.

https://nokiags.wdsglobal.com/advanced?step=terms.vm&javascript=enabled&bearerId=5&contractId=191&captchaEnabled=false&locale=en_US&siteLanguageId=118

williams

Activity
0%

« Reply #20 on: 02 March 2009, 00:36 »

just official Nokia site...something more bout that?
eViL D:
Forum Elder

Current Phone:

Activity
0%

« Reply #21 on: 02 March 2009, 00:40 »

Did you accept the terms?

It will configure Hotmail for you.

I modified the post.
williams

Activity
0%

« Reply #22 on: 02 March 2009, 00:47 »

it just came to accept nokias site,there r instructions etc and I already have that settings but its just in my favourite but not defined mailbox in messages Sad
elia ac

Current Phone:
5800 XM, 8600 luna, Iphone

Activity
0%

« Reply #23 on: 02 March 2009, 09:12 »

i dont think there is a way to set up ur hotmail account as mailbox, because hotmail doesnt support POP3 or IMAP.
williams

Activity
0%

« Reply #24 on: 02 March 2009, 15:24 »

Cry

lestar

Activity
0%

« Reply #25 on: 02 March 2009, 19:59 »

I can't stress this enough, I have done it, I pay hotmail nothing for the privilege, and all I did was exactly follow the instructions on the link that I provided earlier in this thread.  So, you definitely can operate your hotmail account via the built in 'Messaging' application. 
williams

Activity
0%

« Reply #26 on: 02 March 2009, 20:13 »

tried but doesnt work..
eViL D:
Forum Elder

Current Phone:

Activity
0%

« Reply #27 on: 02 March 2009, 20:59 »

I will try and see if I can replicate it.
eViL D:
Forum Elder

Current Phone:

Activity
0%

« Reply #28 on: 03 March 2009, 00:27 »

I used these settings and multiple others and was not able to connect to hotmail.

POP3 and SMTP access used to be available only to the paid Hotmail Plus users but not anymore! Hotmail has recently added POP3 and SMTP support to all the free users too! Thatís definitely one good news as now with this, you can use any email clients to access your Hotmail mailboxes without even bothering to open your web browser.

Firefox extension to check mails in Firefox statusbar is one cool firefox extension, but even that is kind of bothersome when you can pronto get all your mails delivered with your mobile-based or desktop-based email clients.

This newer way to get Hotmail mails on your mobile and desktop will be available to every Hotmail users, but in stages based on the regional market. This POP3 technology is now available to all free-based Hotmail users located in UK, Canada, Australia, France, Japan, Spain, Germany, Italy, and Netherlands, but you can enable Hotmail POP3 and SMTP support instantly for all countries!

Mobile users can always access Hotmail via mobile.live.com but with the free POP3 technology, you can get to your mails more conveniently using any email client software on your PC or mobile.

Here are the POP3 and SMTP server configuration settings to access your MSN Hotmail account via any email client:

Incoming POP Server: pop3.live.com

Incoming Server POP Port: 995

POP SSL required? Yes

User name: Your Windows Live ID (yourname@hotmail.com)
    Password: The password you use to sign in to Hotmail or Windows Live

Outgoing SMTP Server: smtp.live.com

Outgoing SMTP Port: 25

Outgoing Server Authentication: Yes (Use POP username and password)

TLS/SSL required? Yes

Windows Live blog has announced that POP3 access technology will not just be limited to the above selected countries but slowly rolled out to every Hotmail users later this year. So for those who do not yet have access to the POP3 and SMTP technology, it will be officially be available sooner, and if you donít want to wait for it, here is what you need to do to enable POP3 and SMTP technology for any countries!

* Login to Hotmail

* Go to: Options >> More Options >> Manage your account >> View and edit your personal information link >> Registered Information

* For both Home Location and Work Location, change the following details to specified location compatible with any of the following countries: UK, Canada, Australia, France, Japan, Spain, Germany, Italy, or Netherlands. For eg.:

Postal Code: WC1B 3DG
    Constituent Country: England
    Time zone: London, United Kingdom - GMT

* Click on Save when done.

* Go back to Hotmail, and ensure that the display language of Hotmail is set to English by mouse over the Options.

* Use the previously mentioned POP3 and SMTP server configuration settings in an email-client.

williams

Activity
0%

« Reply #29 on: 03 March 2009, 01:07 »

did it the same way and nothing happens...also tried to change my access point but doesnt work...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Daily Mobile - Daily iPhone Blog - Contact us - Forum Rules - © Copyright MAS Media Inc. | Privacy