Daily Mobile Forum
24 April 2014, 07:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read the FORUM RULES - Ignoring the rules will end up with a ban so do NOT ask for registrations keys or share warez links / cracked applications. You have been warned!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unlock iphone 4 with original sim ?  (Read 1961 times)
foxonfox

Activity
0%

« on: 25 December 2012, 16:02 »

I have an Iphone 4 with japan softbank lock..But I do have a original softbank sim too..Can I unlock it without being there in Japan ?

Amarjit
Retired Moderator
The Immortal

Current Phone:
Gionee Pioneer P2 running on Custom ROM

Activity
12%

« Reply #1 on: 25 December 2012, 16:07 »

Topic is moved from iPhone Cydia Tweaks to iPhone Forum
Professor
Super Moderator
Forum Master

Current Phone:

Share your mobile photos

Follow Me on Twitter

Activity
66%

« Reply #2 on: 25 December 2012, 18:25 »

I have an Iphone 4 with japan softbank lock..But I do have a original softbank sim too..Can I unlock it without being there in Japan ?

There is no free unlock solution, the only way is a paid IMEI unlock. Having an original SIM is only needed for activation it won't help you get unlocked.

Galaxus
DailyMobile Writer

Activity
0%

« Reply #3 on: 25 December 2012, 18:47 »

You can unlock iphone 4 for free but it depends on your baseband version . You can unlock with Ultrasn0w Fixer .

If your baseband isnt compatible then the cheapest unlock is gevey sim . If you want a permanent unlock then thats much more expensive .

You can check your baseband from Settings > About > Modem Firmware

Can I unlock it without being there in Japan ?

Yes you can unlock it from anywhere
foxonfox

Activity
0%

« Reply #4 on: 25 December 2012, 19:18 »

okay..Nevermind about unlocking.Now the Restore process is pissing me off...I did buy this iphone few hours ago from a re-seller.(Probably the phone is stolen from a Japanese guy)The phone is locked with a passcode and iTunes doesn't let me restore it.When i tried to restore after putting iphone in to the DFU mode it kept saying 3194 error.So i tried all those hosts file modifications and Tiny umbrella.No good news at all Sad it still keeps saying unknown error 3194.What can I do ?

Galaxus
DailyMobile Writer

Activity
0%

« Reply #5 on: 25 December 2012, 19:40 »

It seems you're restoring with IPSW right ? Try running itunes as administrator ( right click > "run as administrator" ) . If you're restoring via IPSW then you must press Shift+Restore and choose the IPSW file you downloaded .
jimmybrant

Activity
0%

« Reply #6 on: 21 February 2013, 11:34 »

Try these:
1. put in the card you want to unlock into your iPhone
2. open SAM click revert lockdown to stock and click deactivate as well in utilities
3. in the main menu change method from autodetect to "country and carrier or by bundle name" select the ORIGINAL CARRIER OF THE PHONE
4. go to information copy the IMSI number in "SAM DETAILS" section then click "Spoof real SIM to SAM"
5. it will automatically change to manual now in the main window change the IMSI number to the one you copied or click select all then paste.
6. connect to iTunes which will activate because you selected the original carrier not the carrier you want to unlock..
7. unplug and close iTunes, in the main window of SAM Prefs slide the disable SAM.
8. plug cable back in open iTunes you will now get an error close iTunes and reopen then it will activate again but this time you will get reception on your phone
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Daily Mobile - Daily iPhone Blog - Contact us - Forum Rules - © Copyright MAS Media Inc. | Privacy