Daily Mobile Forum
23 April 2014, 08:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: DailyMobile is looking for a few good writers.  If you're interested, go here for details.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [REQ] move message and email-attachment from C to E  (Read 973 times)
Yukino

Current Phone:
Nokia N97, Nokia N8

Activity
0%

« on: 07 December 2012, 15:59 »

Hi Smiley
I have a Nokia N8 hacked with Symbian Belle Refresh.
When I riceive some emails with heavy attachments my space on C becomes more and more less Sad
I would like to know if it is possible to move the "email-attachment" from C to E but without flashing.
Thank you in advance.

Kazuya45

Current Phone:
Nokia N8 (Own CFW "Ultimate Belle Refresh")

Activity
0%

Keep Symbian Alive :D

« Reply #1 on: 11 December 2012, 01:50 »

Maybe I found something that can help you Smiley I got the same problem and I have searched and found something interesting. You must use an app called "TweakS" with this program your also able to set the messaging destination path from C:/ to E or F, whatever you want Cheesy First: You must download the newest version of TweakS and install it on C and then you open that program and go to settings and manage plugins and install the "Messaging" Plugin and open it, it will might ask you for a reboot for using this plugin, do that and open it again, it should work Cheesy And voila, your able to set the Messaging destination path Cheesy Hope it helps you Smiley (No wonder, messaging means also e-mail stuff, theyre use the same path)

Notice: Newest version of TweakS attached Smiley

* TweakS.sis (273.03 KB - downloaded 42 times.)
Kazuya45

Current Phone:

Activity
0%

« Reply #2 on: 11 December 2012, 02:10 »

Screenshots added  Wink

* Scr000015.jpg (16.71 KB, 360x640 - viewed 39 times.)

* Scr000014.jpg (25.96 KB, 360x640 - viewed 37 times.)

* Scr000013.jpg (20.91 KB, 360x640 - viewed 36 times.)
MuhammadAtif
Forum Master

Current Phone:
Nokia 808PV Belle DeLuxe (Red), Nokia 808PV Belle DeLuxe (Black) Both Powered with Supper Feature Pack 2 (CFWs), Nokia E6-00 Belle ReVitalize (CFW) & Nokia E-51 (Hacked with CODeRUS Installserver.exe) Nokia XL (Awaited)

Activity
80%

« Reply #3 on: 11 December 2012, 16:40 »

@Kazuya45

Does this tweak version works on FP2 devices also?
Kazuya45

Current Phone:

Activity
0%

« Reply #4 on: 11 December 2012, 17:32 »

@MuhammadAtif

Don't know if it works for FP2, because I have no FP2 phone, but look at this thread, it seems to work on FP2 Cheesy http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.php?topic=82019.0

MuhammadAtif
Forum Master

Current Phone:
Nokia 808PV Belle DeLuxe (Red), Nokia 808PV Belle DeLuxe (Black) Both Powered with Supper Feature Pack 2 (CFWs), Nokia E6-00 Belle ReVitalize (CFW) & Nokia E-51 (Hacked with CODeRUS Installserver.exe) Nokia XL (Awaited)

Activity
80%

« Reply #5 on: 11 December 2012, 18:02 »

@Kazuya45
Thanks for your response. I 'll try this mod. +1 added.
carmenluci

Activity
0%

« Reply #6 on: 11 December 2012, 19:27 »

Maybe I found something that can help you Smiley I got the same problem and I have searched and found something interesting. You must use an app called "TweakS" with this program your also able to set the messaging destination path from C:/ to E or F, whatever you want Cheesy First: You must download the newest version of TweakS and install it on C and then you open that program and go to settings and manage plugins and install the "Messaging" Plugin and open it, it will might ask you for a reboot for using this plugin, do that and open it again, it should work Cheesy And voila, your able to set the Messaging destination path Cheesy Hope it helps you Smiley (No wonder, messaging means also e-mail stuff, theyre use the same path)

Notice: Newest version of TweakS attached Smiley

I want to move email from c to e too, but this app don't work for me. I instaled the app and the plugin "Messaging", and I changed the memory in use to E, but mails are saved in c. Can you help me?
I have nokia N8 with nokia belle refresh.
Thank you very much.
pvn913
Forum Elder

Current Phone:
808 PV Modified v5.1 By PVN913, Nokia N8 Belle Refresh v4 by pvn913

Activity
0%

« Reply #7 on: 11 December 2012, 23:30 »

I want to move email from c to e too, but this app don't work for me. I instaled the app and the plugin "Messaging", and I changed the memory in use to E, but mails are saved in c. Can you help me?
I have nokia N8 with nokia belle refresh.
Thank you very much.

It wouldn't work. Even if you change the values in rom the messages will give some or the other problem. E-mail is also a part of messaging in belle. So sorry to break it...it won;t work. Not possible atleast as far as I know.
carmenluci

Activity
0%

« Reply #8 on: 12 December 2012, 10:23 »

It wouldn't work. Even if you change the values in rom the messages will give some or the other problem. E-mail is also a part of messaging in belle. So sorry to break it...it won;t work. Not possible atleast as far as I know.

Thank you for your answer, I thought it wouldn't work too, but I wanted to be sure.
mydarkglobe

Activity
0%

« Reply #9 on: 10 September 2013, 14:51 »

Maybe I found something that can help you Smiley I got the same problem and I have searched and found something interesting. You must use an app called "TweakS" with this program your also able to set the messaging destination path from C:/ to E or F, whatever you want Cheesy

I've just installed this software with the last version of Belle on my N8. TweakS allows to change the destination disk for the "memory in use" parameter, but It seems to have no real effects on my N8 which continues to use, for sms, the directory in C:\private\1000484b
I tried removing the sms folder in C: but after the reboot, with sms path configured to e:, the system recreates the 1000484b folder in C:
Any suggestions?

huellif
The Immortal

Current Phone:
Nokia 808 - Delight Belle FP2
Nokia N8 - Delight Belle Refresh
Apple iPod Touch 2G 16GB - iOS 4.2.1 (jailbroken and modified)

Activity
100%

« Reply #10 on: 10 September 2013, 16:17 »

it seems like this mod doesn't work on Refresh/FP2
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Daily Mobile - Daily iPhone Blog - Contact us - Forum Rules - © Copyright MAS Media Inc. | Privacy