Daily Mobile Forum
24 April 2014, 02:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read the FORUM RULES - Ignoring the rules will end up with a ban so do NOT ask for registrations keys or share warez links / cracked applications. You have been warned!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sneak Peek of RIM's New MeeGo err..I Mean BB10 Phone  (Read 1580 times)
MASMedia
Administrator
Crazy Poster

Activity
100%

« on: 25 September 2012, 20:14 »

I just got done watching a video of RIM's BlackBerry 10 Sneak Peek and let me tell you not only have I already saw this OS before but I used it! That's right it's called MeeGo and it ran on a Nokia N9.

From the buttonless front, to the "active frame" homescreen, to the way you get rid of running app by swiping up, even down to the way you set the alarm!

You get the point I could go on and on telling why BlackBerry 10 is MeeGo Canada or I can just show you the two videos and you can decide for yourselves.

First the BlackBerry 10 video:

Now the MeeGo video:

Am I the only one who sees it here?  Yeah I didn't think so, everyone sees it and once Nokia sees it I smell a lawsuit brewing. You see even though Nokia no longer plans on using MeeGo in anymore of their phones they do plan on using parts of the interface again and have patents on it.  If they decide to act on them in this case is yet to be seen.

JAZIP
Forum Guru

Current Phone:
Nokia N8, Nokia N9, iPhone 4S Work Phone =(

Activity
0%

Go to funlexia.com for funny stuff! =)

« Reply #1 on: 25 September 2012, 22:28 »

Very similair! Kinda hope Nokia takes legal actions =)
Allstar12345
DailyMobile Developer
The Immortal

Current Phone:
Nokia N8 Symbian Belle V111, Nokia 808 PureView 48GB -Belle FP2, Nokia Asha 310, BlackBerry Z10 Smiley Smiley  ---Follow me on Twitter  Allstar Software On Facebook "no one is obliged to do anything for you or your device" Feeling nice? Buy me a coffee

void GB::England() const{Hull; return Home;}

Activity
100%

"You must fight to keep them alive"

« Reply #2 on: 25 September 2012, 23:47 »

Copying T****, So now Nokia have HTC copying their design and now BB copying both the device design and the ui design Roll Eyes
orangeyred
Forum Guru

Current Phone:
Nokia N8, BlackBerry 9790

Activity
0%

« Reply #3 on: 26 September 2012, 01:08 »

Nokia really need to start bullying with their patent portfolio and make some money back
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Daily Mobile - Daily iPhone Blog - Contact us - Forum Rules - © Copyright MAS Media Inc. | Privacy