Daily Mobile Forum
21 April 2014, 06:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read the FORUM RULES - Ignoring the rules will end up with a ban so do NOT ask for registrations keys or share warez links / cracked applications. You have been warned!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3G Video Calling on 5800  (Read 4263 times)
rainart222
Forum Addicted

Activity
0%

« on: 07 June 2009, 02:57 »

I have been using Video Calling daily now and like the features. I do have some problems with the white balance, it is a bit GREEN. Everyone sees me with a green tint on their phones and theirs are just great (ericsson, moto etc).I don't have the ability to change the white balance on my phone. I can switch on to show what the front camera is recording and no problems with white balance. Did anyone find a solution to this?

Also I talk for about 20-30 minutes on the video and wish to record the conversation, is there a recording feature to save the video? I didn't see it on the settings. There was some sort of setting connectivity> video sharing> video saving> always save - but even turning that on it DOES NOT SAVE. Any suggestions?

I use image sharing and its a nice feature (share images on your media bin image only not video) but I can't save anything that they share with me. I was thinking of using the screen capture to do this but is that the only way? Or is there a great second program that manages video calling altogether?

I didn't see much on this site of people using the 3g video calling so maybe no one really uses this feature?

Hajter
Crazy Poster

Activity
0%

« Reply #1 on: 07 June 2009, 16:58 »

5800 has 3g video calling?!!?

just kidding... Grin
No seriously i have never used that feature before.
Phat^Trance
The Immortal

Current Phone:
iPhone 4 /3GS  - Nokia N8 / C7 / N95

Activity
0%

In Trance We Trust

« Reply #2 on: 07 June 2009, 17:07 »

maybe its just because of the slow speed in network 3g?
rainart222
Forum Addicted

Activity
0%

« Reply #3 on: 07 June 2009, 21:22 »

maybe its just because of the slow speed in network 3g?

You mean to why there is a green tint to the camera? No the network is fast and the other phones works great on video calling and their white balance is fine (Erickson 910i and Motorola and such) Just my camera shows an off balance towards the green.
My other concerns/complaints has nothing to do with reception. I now researching 3rd party programs that may handle video calling better like video saves and the sort but no luck yet.
rainart222
Forum Addicted

Activity
0%

« Reply #4 on: 07 June 2009, 21:26 »

5800 has 3g video calling?!!?

just kidding... Grin
No seriously i have never used that feature before.

LOL yeah a think only 1 out of 10 users with video calling capability ever use that feature. Maybe its too expensive per minute or from my experience there isn't too much people to call that can also share video calling. My guess by looking around the streets is 90 percent of the population only has 2g phones.

rainart222
Forum Addicted

Activity
0%

« Reply #5 on: 07 June 2009, 21:36 »

Arrghh I get really really funny videos of what people show me over their video calls and I WANT TO SAVE THE VIDEOS! I tried looking at capture softwares and recording softwares and there JUST ISN"T ANY (well besides screen capture)! I can't believe this, no one else wants to save their video conversations? I'm going to keep searching, theres gotta be one...
zs

Activity
0%

« Reply #6 on: 17 August 2009, 17:10 »

i am zs. i am currently using nokia n82 and i am also interested in recording the 3g calls. u said u can take screenshots during a 3g call. but i tried the same thing. the picture is some how censored. can u tell me the program u are using? and whether is it effective or not. thanks alot. =)
LordTakyon
Crazy Poster

Current Phone:
Nokia 5800XM hacked, etc...

Activity
0%

« Reply #7 on: 17 August 2009, 17:22 »

LOL the only network that can provide 3g in my area is twice as expensive as all the rest.

I get free video calls with my current provider, but they have almost no coverage in my area, despite saying otherwise.
Sp1tF1r3
Forum Addicted

Current Phone:
Nokia 5800

Activity
0%

« Reply #8 on: 17 August 2009, 17:23 »

3G video calls work perfectly here on my 5800 in Portugal
rwishi
Retired Moderator
Forum Elder

Current Phone:
Nokia N78, Apple Iphone 3G, Motorola W510, Nokia 7260

Activity
0%

The all-in-one mobile geek!! Reward=+1 karma

« Reply #9 on: 17 August 2009, 17:45 »

@LordTakyon
plzzz change ur profile pic!! its freaking me out!!

have you tried taking a pic with the secondary camera and seeing if its inclined towards green.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Daily Mobile - Daily iPhone Blog - Contact us - Forum Rules - © Copyright MAS Media Inc. | Privacy