Daily Mobile Forum
24 April 2014, 05:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: DailyMobile is looking for a few good writers.  If you're interested, go here for details.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It Seems Facebook is Going to Try to Make a Facebook Phone..Again  (Read 656 times)
MASMedia
Administrator
Crazy Poster

Activity
100%

« on: 28 May 2012, 09:12 »

It seems that Facebook is trying to get back into the cell phone game again. This time with former Apple software and hardware engineers who worked on the iPhone and the iPad.

I am really unsure why Facebook would venture back into these waters again after all the first "Facebook Phone" attempt (the HTC Status) was meet with lukewarm reception at best. Since than the Facebook integration has only gotten tighter in which each passing generation of phones it would be even harder to make said "Facebook Phone" stand out of the crowd.

Never the less..here are the little known details of this attempt. It is rumored to be a continuation of   project called "Buffy" that HTC and Facebook started way back in 2010.  Only difference is they have added some ex-Apple employees to help with it's design.

While I am not quite sure what more you can add to what a Facebook does on a smartphone already. (Even the one phone MeeGo OS has deep Facebook integration and more than a few Facebook apps.) I am sure Facebook will have some-type of new twist on the smartphone that they claim will make you want to buy one.

This still begs the question why? Why would Facebook even chase this rabbit down the hole?  According to a Facebook employee:

"Mark is worried that if he doesnt create a mobile phone in the near future that Facebook will simply become an app on other mobile platforms,"

Hmm Mark I think it's a little too late for that... besides do you really want a phone who's focus is narrowly aimed at being good at Facebook?

Anybody? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller!! BUELLER!!!

Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought.  Just think if others had the same idea I would have a MySpace phone sitting up in my office right now.

VIA

iChris701
DailyMobile Developer
The Immortal

Activity
3%

« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2012, 09:22 »

Hate that f button
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Daily Mobile - Daily iPhone Blog - Contact us - Forum Rules - © Copyright MAS Media Inc. | Privacy