Daily Mobile Forum
18 April 2014, 23:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: DailyMobile is looking for a few good writers.  If you're interested, go here for details.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Now Motorola Android devices banned in the U.S. who's next?  (Read 996 times)
MASMedia
Administrator
Crazy Poster

Activity
100%

« on: 22 May 2012, 12:30 »

The United States International Trade Commission (ITC) has issued a ban on imports to the U.S. for certain Android-based Motorola Mobility devices.

It follows a judges ruling that a number of Motorola mobile devices infringe a Microsoft patent for generating meeting requests and group scheduling from a mobile device. U.S. Patent No. 6,370,566.  Nine patents were listed in the original complaint originally filed   in October 2010.

The ruling is likely to come into effect in July unless Barak Obama the US president intervenes or Motorola decides to modify its devices.

Foss Patents writes:

"In order to continue to sell products in the U.S. market, Motorola Mobility will most likely modify its products by removing the related feature. That is also the way in which HTC reacted to an exclusion order Apple won last year based on one of its patents (and which just caused a delay of two HTC product launch dates). For patent holders defending their intellectual property, it's also a good outcome if their enforcement activites require others to develop workarounds. Patents are, by definition, limited in scope. Non-standard-essential patents can always be worked around in some way, though the term "workaround" is often used as a euphemism for the removal of functionality.
I believe it won't take too long before Motorola will join many other device makers who have taken a license to Microsoft's many Android-related patents, such as Samsung (the undisputed market leader), HTC, and LG. According to Microsoft, more than 70 percent of all Android smartphones sold in the United States now have a license to its patent portfolio. Motorola is the only Android device maker to be embroiled in litigation with Microsoft at this stage. Microsoft recently settled an Android patent dispute with Barnes & Noble, which also resulted in a license agreement."
via

iChris701
DailyMobile Developer
The Immortal

Activity
3%

« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2012, 12:33 »

They got no option other than to remove conflict causing component

..##
else ;
end of the world
vinay_g_shah

Current Phone:
Note 3 & iPhone 5S

Activity
2%

Note3 and iPhone 5S love u Both

« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2012, 13:39 »

Seems US doesn't want to see any other mobile brands except iPhone.
iChris701
DailyMobile Developer
The Immortal

Activity
3%

« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2012, 14:07 »

Seems US doesn't want to see any other mobile brands except iPhone.

lol random
Tsepz_011

Current Phone:
GALAXY S4 32GB + iPad4 16GB

Activity
11%

The world cant hold me,too much ambition.

« Reply #4 on: 22 May 2012, 19:16 »

So i guess Motorola and HTC copy cats to, going by our local expert who claimed Samsung copied, are we in line for more topics like he's Samsung one i wonder. Smiley

ANYWAY, im getting sick of all these lawsuits, they are getting ridiculous, and are actualy hurting the consumer. About time they started innovating and stopped letting lawyers do all the work.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Jonas1975
Administrator
The Immortal

Current Phone:
Nokia Lumia 920 / Asus Transformer Prime

Activity
87%

Patience is the companion of wisdom

« Reply #5 on: 22 May 2012, 19:21 »

So i guess Motorola and HTC copy cats to, going by our local expert who claimed Samsung copied, are we in line for more topics like he's Samsung one i wonder. Smiley

Well, you need to respect others opinions as it was only that. An opinion. In the article I also didn't saw that the writer claimed that Samsung was the only copying others. Finally, this article proofs that DailyMobile Blog doesn't have any kind or pre-concept in defending some or attacking others. DM posts hot news from the mobile world from whatever brand is about.
Tsepz_011

Current Phone:
GALAXY S4 32GB + iPad4 16GB

Activity
11%

The world cant hold me,too much ambition.

« Reply #6 on: 22 May 2012, 22:19 »

Well, you need to respect others opinions as it was only that. An opinion. In the article I also didn't saw that the writer claimed that Samsung was the only copying others. Finally, this article proofs that DailyMobile Blog doesn't have any kind or pre-concept in defending some or attacking others. DM posts hot news from the mobile world from whatever brand is about.

Oh dear Roll Eyes
You've totaly missed it, dont worry though, im going to let it go, no point in carrying on Smiley
Jonas1975
Administrator
The Immortal

Current Phone:
Nokia Lumia 920 / Asus Transformer Prime

Activity
87%

Patience is the companion of wisdom

« Reply #7 on: 22 May 2012, 22:38 »

Oh dear Roll Eyes
You've totaly missed it, dont worry though, im going to let it go, no point in carrying on Smiley

No I haven't, check your PM.

Back on topic.
Allstar12345
DailyMobile Developer
The Immortal

Current Phone:
Nokia N8 Symbian Belle V111, Nokia 808 PureView 48GB -Belle FP2, Nokia Asha 310, BlackBerry Z10 Smiley Smiley  ---Follow me on Twitter  Allstar Software On Facebook "no one is obliged to do anything for you or your device" Feeling nice? Buy me a coffee

void GB::England() const{Hull; return Home;}

Activity
100%

"You must fight to keep them alive"

« Reply #8 on: 23 May 2012, 00:04 »

God won't apple ever give up Roll Eyes
orangeyred
Forum Guru

Current Phone:
Nokia N8, BlackBerry 9790

Activity
0%

« Reply #9 on: 23 May 2012, 03:35 »

God won't apple ever give up Roll Eyes

This was Microsoft's patent case this time

Allstar12345
DailyMobile Developer
The Immortal

Current Phone:
Nokia N8 Symbian Belle V111, Nokia 808 PureView 48GB -Belle FP2, Nokia Asha 310, BlackBerry Z10 Smiley Smiley  ---Follow me on Twitter  Allstar Software On Facebook "no one is obliged to do anything for you or your device" Feeling nice? Buy me a coffee

void GB::England() const{Hull; return Home;}

Activity
100%

"You must fight to keep them alive"

« Reply #10 on: 23 May 2012, 07:53 »

This was Microsoft's patent case this time

i didn't read it properly :-/
vegetaleb
Forum Master

Activity
100%

Lebanese Forces

« Reply #11 on: 23 May 2012, 09:13 »

Mmm looks like nokia is giving its last fight before duying totally, the new MS phones they did are not selling at the expected levels,they are still behind samsung and HTC (even Sony?)
So they attack one of the weakest Android brand.
Why I am talking of nokia? because M$ are making this brand their mobile brand nowadays
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Daily Mobile - Daily iPhone Blog - Contact us - Forum Rules - © Copyright MAS Media Inc. | Privacy