Daily Mobile Forum
18 April 2014, 16:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: DailyMobile is looking for a few good writers.  If you're interested, go here for details.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Banned in the U.S.A.?  (Read 732 times)
MASMedia
Administrator
Crazy Poster

Activity
100%

« on: 19 May 2012, 19:30 »

In the ongoing Apple V Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 saga, The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit has ruled that  Apple's design-related patent on the Apple iPad is valid.

The Courts recent decision overturns an earlier Californian courts ruling that prevented Apple securing an injunction against sales.

After this Fridays ruling, Apple put forward a motion to have the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 pulled from shop shelves. This could happen as early as next month.

FOSS Patent's Florian Mueller said that Apple's injunction motion has a great chance in succeeding considering that one Circuit Court Judge believes that a ban is warranted by the evidence presented by Apple and even issued a dissenting opinion saying that simply tossing the original verdict in the California was not enough relief for the Cupertino based manufacturer, and that Apple deserved more.

"Circuit Judge Kathleen O'Malley argued that the CAFC should have reversed the decision in order to provided Apple with immediate injunctive relief in light of the irreparable harm it is suffering. But the majority of the judges saw 'no reason to believe that there will necessarily be delay, or if there is delay that it will be unjustifiable."-Florian Mueller

Apple are still trying for an out of court agreement with friend and foe Samsung and have asked them to respond to the current motion by May 25th.

via

Professor
Super Moderator
Forum Master

Current Phone:

Share your mobile photos

Follow Me on Twitter

Activity
75%

« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2012, 19:34 »

It's amazing how those two manage to do any business together.
Apex666
Super Moderator
The Immortal

Current Phone:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOTE 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                 My precious - Galaxy S4 i9500 | Nexus 7 Running Ubuntu TouchDEV Preview My Paranoid NOTE 10.1 Tablet Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Samsung Galaxy S2 SlimROM v5.0 | HTC Desire Paranoid Android v2.x | | Nokia 5800XM BlazeUltimate | x1 C5-03 Stock | C7 - Belle Refresh Smiley

Follow Me On Twitter Follow My Digital Drawings On My BLOG BlazeDROID_1.0_BETA Android MODDING Android ROM Releases Support the Android Community on DM Grin South African & PROUD

Activity
100%

Founder and Owner of Apex Designs Inc.

« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2012, 19:40 »

It's amazing how those two manage to do any business together.

Roll Eyes
Pece1976
Super Moderator
Forum Legend

Current Phone:
iPhone 5s

Activity
33%

Better strategic retreat than dishonorable defeat

« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2012, 19:48 »

“I think it was in excess of $7 billion,” said attorney Harold McElhinny. That’s how much McElhinny’s client, Apple, pays annually for components made by Samsung Electronics, the company Apple is suing for patent infringement. Apple is Samsung’s single biggest customer, responsible for 7.6 percent of the Korean company’s 2011 revenue of $109 billion.

Tongue

Allstar12345
DailyMobile Developer
The Immortal

Current Phone:
Nokia N8 Symbian Belle V111, Nokia 808 PureView 48GB -Belle FP2, Nokia Asha 310, BlackBerry Z10 Smiley Smiley  ---Follow me on Twitter  Allstar Software On Facebook "no one is obliged to do anything for you or your device" Feeling nice? Buy me a coffee

void GB::England() const{Hull; return Home;}

Activity
100%

"You must fight to keep them alive"

« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2012, 00:40 »

God will they ever give it up Roll Eyes

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Daily Mobile - Daily iPhone Blog - Contact us - Forum Rules - © Copyright MAS Media Inc. | Privacy