Daily Mobile Forum
20 April 2014, 17:51 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read the FORUM RULES - Ignoring the rules will end up with a ban so do NOT ask for registrations keys or share warez links / cracked applications. You have been warned!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Review: iW2 iHome AirPlay Speaker  (Read 1587 times)
MASMedia
Administrator
Crazy Poster

Activity
100%

« on: 26 April 2012, 12:21 »

The iW2 is the younger brother of the iW1 iHome. The major difference between the two speakers is the rechargeable battery and a hundred bucks. So needless to say, there is a difference.

However, looks and sound is not really that different.  So if you dont need the rechargeable battery I vote to save the hundred bucks. However, it would be nice to have a speaker you could take anywhere you wish. Please understand for Apple Airplay to work you must be on the same Wi-Fi network. So don't think you are going to go to the beach and use Airplay. You will be able to plug in directly to the the rechargeable iW1 to use for speakers for the laptop or iOS device. You would be surprised how many people think they can take the rechargeable iW1 to the beach for a party.
The iW2 iHome has awesome sound quality for a speaker lacking a woofer. The iW2 comes with its own remote for music track changes and volume control. What makes the iW2 so great is the ability to stream music over Wi-Fi through airplay. It makes an awesome addition to any entertainment system. I have one connected to my Apple tv and use it with my macbook frequently as well. The sound quality is awesome with action movies and listening to your favorite internet radio channel or for streaming your favorite itunes music.
The iW2 iHome can be purchased at www.ihomeaudio.com for around $200. Its simple to set up and offers superb sound quality. Feel free to leave any comments below.

[Read the original blog post]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Daily Mobile - Daily iPhone Blog - Contact us - Forum Rules - © Copyright MAS Media Inc. | Privacy