Daily Mobile Forum
24 April 2014, 10:24 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read the FORUM RULES - Ignoring the rules will end up with a ban so do NOT ask for registrations keys or share warez links / cracked applications. You have been warned!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Microsoft Office now available for Symbian!  (Read 10901 times)
MASMedia
Administrator
Crazy Poster

Activity
100%

« on: 10 April 2012, 16:39 »

The long time promise by Nokia is today fulfilled. Resulting from the partnership of Nokia with Microsoft, Microsoft Office is now available for Symbian^3 (Nokia Belle) phones: Nokia 701, Nokia 700, Nokia 603, Nokia E7, Nokia X7, Nokia C7, Nokia Oro, and Nokia C6-01.

From today, the owners of the devices mentioned above can download Microsoft Office for their mobiles that include Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
One thing you might have noticed is that Nokia N8 and Nokia E6 are not mentioned on the list. The thing is, according to Nokia Conversations article author, these phones are still not compatible due to their software configuration. Even so, the promise of a quick resolution of this was left on the comments.
Here's a quote with the features of the apps included in this package:
If youre a Word user, youll appreciate the fact that with Word mobile, you can save or send documents while preserving tables, SmartArt and charts, or the pinch/zoom functionality to easily view and edit documents.
In PowerPoint mobile, you can edit presentation texts and speaker notes, or use the Outline view to quickly browse through slides. With Excel mobile, you can create charts, or insert formulae and view rich data and charts from anywhere.

You can get Microsoft Office via software update, being Office Mobile available at the Nokia Store in a few weeks. We alert you that this update will go to your C: drive, so if you don't have much space there, you might have this info in consideration.
For more information, you can check the original article at the Nokia Conversations site.

Amarjit
Retired Moderator
The Immortal

Current Phone:
Gionee Pioneer P2 running on Custom ROM

Activity
12%

« Reply #1 on: 10 April 2012, 16:48 »

+1 for the update  Smiley
Jonas1975
Administrator
The Immortal

Current Phone:
Nokia Lumia 1020 / Asus Transformer Prime

Activity
94%

Patience is the companion of wisdom

« Reply #2 on: 10 April 2012, 16:53 »

+1 for the update  Smiley

Thanks.  Wink

I just wonder when Nokia will allow users to choose where to install the updates (C: or E:). I understand that some are inevitable that must be on C: but I don't think this is one of those cases.
Amarjit
Retired Moderator
The Immortal

Current Phone:
Gionee Pioneer P2 running on Custom ROM

Activity
12%

« Reply #3 on: 10 April 2012, 16:54 »

Thanks.  Wink

I just wonder when Nokia will allow users to choose where to install the updates (C: or E:). I understand that some are inevitable that must be on C: but I don't think this is one of those cases.

Let see when they release it for N8  Smiley
podiwadda
Forum Elder

Current Phone:
ŅĶ 5800 ŴȚȞ M ĐVĻPŅĠ Ċ₣Ŵ...Smiley /Now with NOKIA E6  MY START UP ANIMATIONS

hit the if i helped you..Smiley/.*(`★)* тιмε тσ gιvε тнε вεsт тнιηg ғяσм мε *(★`)*.

Activity
7%

Įϻ ŜŤŘŤ ŜĹỖŴ ŤỖǗŘ ĮŇ Ďϻ .ŇỖ ŇẸẸĎ ŜỖ ƑŜŤ..:)

« Reply #4 on: 10 April 2012, 16:56 »

woooow nice...Cheesy...hope it is very usable and easy to use..Smiley...+1 for the update...to moderaters and admins..Smiley

foxfire123

Current Phone:
Nokia 700

Activity
0%

« Reply #5 on: 10 April 2012, 17:16 »

Thanks for sharing, waiting for updates on my 700.
lomorin
Crazy Poster

Activity
0%

Its not just a smartphone.... it's a Symbian.

« Reply #6 on: 10 April 2012, 18:19 »

does it open pdf too?
fract

Activity
0%

« Reply #7 on: 10 April 2012, 18:24 »

cant install to my c601... I just downloaded with my phone,and it shows installing,and then it shows that it cant be installed. Sorry for bad english
devilyazdan
Forum Super Legend

Current Phone:
Moto X 4.4.2 (Google), Sony Xperia Z - 4.3 JellyBean, HTC One 4.4.2 Kitkat, and Asus Google Nexus 7 (2013) - 4.4.2 Kitkat

Activity
80%

DM is still my family!

« Reply #8 on: 10 April 2012, 18:26 »

Finally!!  Cheesy
+1 for the info.
Edit: Thanks Jonas!
Jonas1975
Administrator
The Immortal

Current Phone:
Nokia Lumia 1020 / Asus Transformer Prime

Activity
94%

Patience is the companion of wisdom

« Reply #9 on: 10 April 2012, 18:32 »

cant install to my c601... I just downloaded with my phone,and it shows installing,and then it shows that it cant be installed. Sorry for bad english

Have you tried to restart your phone before updating? You might have processes running that prevent the installation to run well.

fabbriche
Forum Addicted

Activity
1%

« Reply #10 on: 10 April 2012, 18:39 »

The reason probably for the N8 delay is because of the low disk C: space. They must be working out a solution to get this app install on drive E: instead. Cos it's impossible to install this app to C: while you have Nokia Map apps installed as well. Mine only has 49MB free space.
Apex666
Super Moderator
The Immortal

Current Phone:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOTE 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                 My precious - Galaxy S4 i9500 | Nexus 7 Running Ubuntu TouchDEV Preview My Paranoid NOTE 10.1 Tablet Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Samsung Galaxy S2 SlimROM v5.0 | HTC Desire Paranoid Android v2.x | | Nokia 5800XM BlazeUltimate | x1 C5-03 Stock | C7 - Belle Refresh Smiley

Follow Me On Twitter Follow My Digital Drawings On My BLOG BlazeDROID_1.0_BETA Android MODDING Android ROM Releases Support the Android Community on DM Grin South African & PROUD

Activity
100%

Founder and Owner of Apex Designs Inc.

« Reply #11 on: 10 April 2012, 18:41 »

Is your device hacked with the installserver patch running Huh
szymeczek34
Crazy Poster

Current Phone:
N9 PR1.3

Activity
0%

« Reply #12 on: 10 April 2012, 18:51 »

This office suit is ****, Smart Office is way better in meaning of speed and ease of use.

Bad Language edited | Apex666 |
hayvan
Forum Elder

Current Phone:
Nokia 5800XM, Nokia N8, Nokia 808 Pureview

Activity
12%

« Reply #13 on: 10 April 2012, 18:52 »

If you want to save space on C:, install the first package from here :

http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.php?topic=62146.msg885035#msg885035

(the pixi one) on C:

then instead of installing the second one (it will install on C:), use this one:
http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.php?topic=62146.msg885344#msg885344

Of course, you'll need a hacked phone (mine is with installserver patch) as the office .sis is no longer signed after my having modded it.

But I've saved 50 MB on C:, I have all the MS apps on E: and it looks like working fine Grin
fract

Activity
0%

« Reply #14 on: 10 April 2012, 19:02 »

yes,my phone is hacked,and i restarted it,but still cant install...

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Daily Mobile - Daily iPhone Blog - Contact us - Forum Rules - © Copyright MAS Media Inc. | Privacy