Daily Mobile Forum
24 April 2014, 00:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: DailyMobile is looking for a few good writers.  If you're interested, go here for details.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do u want from the next firmware update (5800)  (Read 18497 times)
usta
Retired Moderator
Forum Super Legend

Current Phone:
Samsung Galaxy SII (Android 4.0)

Activity
0%

« Reply #45 on: 16 August 2009, 22:34 »

Since this is a wish list, then let me try:
* Customizable default applications
* Customizable home screen
* Customizable quick launch button
* Enhanced Video Player: more playback formats and better user interface
* Folder support for the default music player
* Folder support for the default photo browser
* Internal GPS optimization - improved GPS lock, also without AGPS support
* Improved WiFi interface with Easy connect interface.
* Improved Bluetooth with auto connectivity
Well, I can go on, but I'm not a greedy person... Grin

130130y

Activity
0%

« Reply #46 on: 17 August 2009, 01:12 »

i want printing capabilities using bluetooth printers

i also want a free knapsack, with the next update  Tongue

... i got 1 when i purchase N95, but only got a paper bag when i got my 5800

the old E65 can print using I.R. to HP LaserJet 2200d
weijian95
Forum Guru

Activity
0%

« Reply #47 on: 17 August 2009, 03:53 »

LOL, I read that many people want faster UI, better Theme Effects, etc. But what I wanna say is keep dreaming. Sry to keep your hopes down, but FYI 5800 has only 128mb of RAM, compared to Omnia's and Apple's 256mb. And do remember they both have 600MHz CPU and hardware graphics accelerator while 5800 gt 434MHz CPU and no graphics accelerator. Let's just hope for the possibilities okay?

Ok, enough talking, here's what I wish for:
-Kinetic scrolling
-Enhanced homescreen ( I don't expect much, 5530's great for me)
-N-Gage
-Better Web Browser
-Gestures commands

And here's something I want from Gameloft:
MAKE USE OF OUR ACCELEROMETER
I don't know why, we have it but Gameloft isn't making any motion-enabled games for us, I don't mind if Gameloft can't make games as beautiful as iPhone's, but at least make use of the accelerometer like how they did for Samsung phones.
duoli
Crazy Poster

Activity
0%

« Reply #48 on: 17 August 2009, 05:49 »

I would like to see /....

A better home screen with more widgets to utilize the big screen, and place useful apps on it such as weather, news. It may not need be the same as n97, but not an empty one like now.

Camera definitely needs to be improved. I hope the quality can be improved. And the camera settings can be saved so i dont have to adjust it each time i run it!

Kinetic scrolling will be alot more useful than the scroll bar scrolling as it is not very finger friendly.
Psycogeek
Forum Guru

Current Phone:

Activity
0%

Sucks worse than a hard reset doesn't it.

« Reply #49 on: 17 August 2009, 06:13 »

User configurable Home screen, put up any freaking icon a person desires, and have it sized to the users settings, myself i dont need web widgets, but what the hey if its configurable you could use the space any way you desire, or just dont change it and it will stay the way it is.

homescreen could easily be configured like this
----------------------------
users choice #1 icons or widget or system info, or calendar or messages or email, contacts, apps , playlists or whatever
Users choice #2
Users choice #3

settings for gallery and music and video to DISABLE completly the database, keep the thumbnails, but heck make that configurable TOO.  No reason whatsoever to traverse every directory and every item in the whole system. a properly organised system, wouldnt Need lots of the stuff they put in to "speed" it up.
because this is a User preferance, it should be capable of doing so but not mandated.

Same thing for the music, have simple FILENAME/FOLDER only quick viewing avilable, so a person can look only by filename, which will reduce the noise, and increase the speed, so you dont need a Database full of the backup singers childrens names  Tongue
if user so desires, they can traverse every directory in the system, or set it to only view the folder that your in at that time.
one click playlist buttons , being able to toss a playlist onto the configurable homescreen.

ringtones in the ringtones folder only, when you go for a ringtone that is what you get, why mix them up with full songs.
wallpapers selected out of the wallpaper folder, if pics are punched out of the gallery for walpaper, they are sized for wallpaper and put in the freaking wallpaper folder.

Multiselect for Anything that could have more than 9 items.

Allowing ANY application as the "default", and ANY application on the express music menu, and any ammount of items using color icons.  have this (again) be user configurable, if the user so desires, even if this causes instability, allow the user to shoot themselves in thier own foot.

allow user to HIDE useless junk, and jump past stupid stuff.  why do we have to go 3 levels down to get to 1 item, especially when at the 2nd level there is NOTHING in the others.  why am i always having to do 1 or 2 more clicks than a windows system to get to the same freaking stuff.

allowing simple changing of any icons, especially the contacts and dialer icons, which on a black model are colorless blobs of nothingness.

various tweaking ability, clearing caches, task ending, easy cleanup (many many items on one multiselect list), database repair or deletion, and a Boot button.

Bigger top icons, 3g , heck it looks like 3 Blob, to dang small, BT Message, and GPS icons have space avilable but are to tiny , color code things, like GPS colors based on signal strength.

Changing the voltage range on the battery meter to be 4.0V to 3.0V like it could have been to begin with, this will provide a more linear battery meter, instead of the useless battery meter they have now. color code the battery icons too, gree is good, have it go yellow when its getting low, and have the last few bars going red.

Backup that backs up everything, even if what you back up is what destroyed the system, let the user decide what they are dumb enough to restore.

Configurable to toss out all signing and certs, and just let the user hose thier phone IF they so desire.
ability to change the software security profile, so if a program wants to destroy the whole system user can Allow it if so desired.

Allow the GPS to work unasisisted , if need be, by having a setting to allow the machine to collect its own emperical data, and do its own math , even at a cost of processor usage and higher battery consumtion, if user so chooses.

wake-up the phone Fully when a call comes in, nothing dumber than icons that scream out "Press Me" that cant be pressed.
have a Vehicle profile with user configurable auto answer, and loudspeaker, and toss in a Airline profile that just repeats the offline profile, just so nobody has to ask where it is.

camera saves the settings, what camera in the world wouldnt be where the user last set it.  but of course make it configurable, for the Auto everything folks. if your going to auto everything, why dont you auto the Night shooting modes, with the gain doubler.

Chkdsk for the external memory card, user selectable, other tests and checks to discover and eliminate memory card corruption.

control of lights, if the user wants the LCD backlight to stay on past 60 minutes, that is thier problem, let them. provide control of all the lights if need be, or at least turn off the 4 indicator lights when they are totally uneeded.  Seperate power savings modes based on external (plug-in) or internal (battery) power

landscape home screen (even if its not fully correct , at least allow it)
 FULL to MINI keyboard switching based on orientation at the time, user selectable.
Revamping the Landscape portrait Orientation based on the sencor, so it rotates correctally at normal viewing angles, take into account that the users often has it leaning back for viewing.

allow the control of ALL effects, not just "theme" effects, if the user prefers speed over beauty, allow it.  what purpose is putting in a bunch of cute things that slow the machine down, if some percentage of users doesnt give a crud about them.

dont Hard code JUNK into the ROM, let people install thier own junk as they will, putting useless data files in the limited hard coded rom is a waste of the rom space. Update all rom components as needed, TESTING the updates to insure they really are updates, and not just added advertising and failing new features.

there seems to be a minor flaw in the transmission power used, when making a call in a very poor reception area, the phone didnt kick up to the next power level, calling Back (2nd call) the phone then works just fine. another logic flaw. Any time the call is having trouble, it should immediataly kick up the power levels, no mater what the conditions seemed to be. Can you hear me NOW? heck no.

better staggered init, and then increased CPU clocking, with the right items delayed instead of thrashed together starting up the computer is more sure to occur everytime.

everthing that would be a Fault of a system, put a big BY BY WARRENTY sign on it, and let the user have at it.
open up the Source to developers, no more "sorry we cant allow you to know anything" in the developers forum, you pump out a new phone every 6 months, who cares that your big secrets are witheld from progress, as your big secrets are in tomorrows trash.

oops, hey wait i want a Windows mobile phone  Huh  oh well next time.

mjaask84

Activity
0%

« Reply #50 on: 17 August 2009, 09:48 »

1)This has been bothering me since the very beginnig; I'd like to see the time(clock) when I am listenig to music. It is there when you "scroll" thru all your songs but it disappears when you go to "now playing" screen.
Pece1976
Super Moderator
Forum Legend

Current Phone:
iPhone 5s

Activity
36%

Better strategic retreat than dishonorable defeat

« Reply #51 on: 17 August 2009, 10:14 »

1)This has been bothering me since the very beginnig; I'd like to see the time(clock) when I am listenig to music. It is there when you "scroll" thru all your songs but it disappears when you go to "now playing" screen.

http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.php/topic,8401.0.html

try this app. Smiley
ninjafox
Forum Guru

Current Phone:
Motorola Milestone

Activity
0%

sarcast par excellence

« Reply #52 on: 17 August 2009, 13:28 »

I can tell you what I don't want in the next firmware:

those retarded games like bounce and that racing game... instead I want more free space on the phone memory
managementboy

Activity
0%

« Reply #53 on: 17 August 2009, 14:41 »

- Timestretch for Podcasts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timestretching)
- Update/Download all new for Podcasts
- Don't drain my battery if Podcasting is left on
- Jump to button, that allows to jump to a minute/second in a sound file
- If no cover is included in the mp3 use the one provided in the RSS feed for podcasts
- Reverse order when listening to Podcasts (older first)
- Larger search bar when listening... make usable for fingers!
hottea

Activity
0%

« Reply #54 on: 17 August 2009, 15:30 »

I'd be happy if they simply fixed the new bugs that v30 firmware introduced. Since V30, if you're streaming live audio, the controls on Realplayer never reappear after the screen switches off. You can slide the little switch on the left of the phone as much as you like to wake it up, but they just won't come back...

Sp1tF1r3
Forum Addicted

Current Phone:
Nokia 5800

Activity
0%

« Reply #55 on: 17 August 2009, 15:33 »

Just a bug fixed (the only one I still have)... The bug where the 5800 plays the default nokia tune, instead of the ring tone I choose when I get a call.

FFS it's so annoying, I have a hard time knowing that it's MY mobile phone that's ringing... :\ It really pisses me off.

Other than that a new homescreen would be nice, but not really necessary
SA_master
Crazy Poster

Current Phone:
Nokia 5800 XM

Activity
0%

« Reply #56 on: 17 August 2009, 18:04 »

1. Kinetic Scrolling
2. Smooth and instant changing into Landscape modus and vice versa. (Even Windows Mobile is capable of doing this!)
3. More Shortcut possiblities
4. Implement possility to have (real) full screen flash
5. Simultaneous loading (not like load one button then a scroll bar then the text!)

Kinetic scrolling must come with the new firmware. The other functions/fixes could be implemented later on imo.
duoli
Crazy Poster

Activity
0%

« Reply #57 on: 18 August 2009, 05:24 »

seriously... are we going to be heard by Nokia anyway?  Huh

Right now all we need is

1) Kinetic scrolling
2) Better camera settings
3) improved homescreen
4) more stable browser

its just 4 things!!!!

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO BE USER CENTERED
timothyfaniu

Activity
0%

« Reply #58 on: 18 August 2009, 20:42 »

what i want is kinetic scroll and some more icon on the screen
ronmakaay
Crazy Poster

Current Phone:
5800, Nexus One, Nokia N9

Activity
0%

It doesn't matter who you are

« Reply #59 on: 18 August 2009, 21:32 »

if culd be possible, bring new Maemo 5, to replace the s60 5th  Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Daily Mobile - Daily iPhone Blog - Contact us - Forum Rules - © Copyright MAS Media Inc. | Privacy