Daily Mobile Forum
16 April 2014, 16:13 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read the FORUM RULES - Ignoring the rules will end up with a ban so do NOT ask for registrations keys or share warez links / cracked applications. You have been warned!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Import VCF file (with multiple contacts) to 5800XM  (Read 51335 times)
andyro78

Activity
0%

« on: 21 May 2009, 18:45 »

Ok my friends, I had never posted on this forum but I want to share with you a painless solution for transferring full contacts Wink

1) First, on my old P910i I have an application named VCard which save my agenda to a single file (x.vcf), then I transfer this file to my computer in a folder (for ex. c:\TEMP\x.vcf).

2) Then I use the attached application (VCF Splitter ) to split x.vcf in single VCF files. Extract vcfsplitter061220.zip to c:\TEMP\ and you'll have 2 files: vcfsplitter.exe and readme.txt.(IMPORTANT: You must drag x.vcf over vcfsplitter.exe in WINDOWS EXPLORER!!! otherwise will not work <in TotalCommander not worked for me>)

VcfSplitter download page: www.dm9.se/?dl_id=1

3) Then install NOKIA PC SUITE and in section "Contacts" select "Import" and you can select all single vcf files created with vcfsplitter.

And that's it. I hope some of you will use this tutorial.
See you soon Wink

* vcfsplitter061220.zip (3.22 KB - downloaded 317 times.)

sabinkumar
Forum Elder

Current Phone:
iPhone 4, Nokia 5800 XM

Activity
0%

The baptism of fire deep within!!

« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2009, 18:51 »

thanks man, that will be easier to keep backups of the phone book
And yes WELCOME TO OUR COMMUNITY Smiley
andyro78

Activity
0%

« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2009, 07:25 »

it's my pleasure, glad to help  Cheesy
max_online32
Retired Moderator
Forum Elder

Current Phone:
Samsung Galaxy note ,Nokia n-8(Belle)

Activity
0%

I'M BACk

« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2009, 07:53 »

nice guide.....

+KARMA to you Cool
qooljim
« Reply #4 on: 03 June 2009, 07:32 »

great stuff dude....................... thanks

ahmedjhang
Crazy Poster

Current Phone:
Nokia 5800 v40 FTW!!!

Activity
0%

« Reply #5 on: 03 June 2009, 08:19 »

is there a way to transfer Sony Ericsson contacts over to a nokia - i have a w810i whose contact i wanna move to the nokia 5800
thanks
andyro78

Activity
0%

« Reply #6 on: 03 June 2009, 22:18 »

is there a way to transfer Sony Ericsson contacts over to a nokia - i have a w810i whose contact i wanna move to the nokia 5800
thanks

1. w810i support only java apps, but you can sync the w810i to outlook (with SE Pc Suite), then use nokia pc suite to sync to the nokia.

2. a) BACKUP PHONE CONTACTS TO MEMORY CARD:
Got to Menu >> Address Book >> Options >> Advanced >> Back to M.S. and click Yes. Here the phone contacts will be backed up on the Memory Stick.
b) CONNECT PHONE TO COMPUTER:
Connect the W810i phone to your computer using the supplied Data Cable. Make sure you have installed the Sony Ericsson PC Suite. Click on the File Transfer Mode in your phone.
c) COPY PHONEBOOK FILE TO COMPUTER:
Go to "My Computer" on the computer and you will see that two new drives will appear. In my case, I can see "Phone (D:)" and "Phone Card (F:)". Navigate to F:\MSSEMC\System\PIM\PB_Backup.vcf. Copy this file to some location on your Computer.

From now you must take the steps from my first post.

HussienT

Activity
0%

« Reply #7 on: 13 June 2009, 22:35 »

nice thxxxxx worked for me Grin
dynamize
« Reply #8 on: 17 June 2009, 19:27 »

Brilliant. I was worried that I would have to transfer all my contacts by hand. I'd almost have given back my phone before I would have transfered all 277 of them (with multiple numbers & emails, the lot.)

Anyway here is how it went for me.

Old Phone:  Sony Ericsson K800i
New Phone: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic

I had to back up my phone book to my M2 memory stick as described by "andyro78" (Thank you, your a legend)
I then had to copy that file to my laptop and then split it with the splitter listed above again thanks to "andyro78".
Next I had to install the Nokia PC suite (not the silly software that comes with the phone) and just drag and drop all the .vcf files onto the phone.

Simple and brilliant Thanks again to "andyro78"

Later,
-=D=-
thresh

Activity
0%

« Reply #9 on: 05 July 2009, 03:36 »

i cant split them nothing happens
what shpold i do

TinTMaster84

Activity
0%

« Reply #10 on: 30 November 2009, 17:27 »

andyro78 thanks bro... thanks for ur help... all my contact backup from w910 had been stall into my nokia 5800 xm...
thanks bro.. once again......
mmcwalte

Activity
0%

« Reply #11 on: 11 January 2010, 23:14 »

oh god...i want to kiss u..hehehe...i had passed two stupid days with contacts on my new handy.
thanks bro...great work
padayaw

Activity
0%

« Reply #12 on: 02 February 2010, 07:48 »

Thanks! success! K800i to Nokia 5800 MX transfer of contacts!

andrei_r20

Activity
0%

« Reply #13 on: 28 April 2010, 00:04 »

Hi, I was able to split my old Sony Ericsson w810i contacts, but now I have a problem with the 3rd step of the instructions..

I have the Nokia Ovi Suite and in contacts section, I do not have "Import", just sync.... but I don't even know it syncs what with what... I tried that, but nothing happens.. how can I browse for the location where split files are and upload them?
Can somebody help me?
Thank you!

andrei_r20

Activity
0%

« Reply #14 on: 28 April 2010, 00:32 »

I answered my own question. In windows 7, in contacts folder, press import, select vcf file, and choose the single vcf file (with multiple contacts). Then import it and it will create separate .contact files. In ovi suite, in tools -> option -> contacts, select windows contacts... next sync will import all your windows conatcs.. hooray...

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Daily Mobile - Daily iPhone Blog - Contact us - Forum Rules - © Copyright MAS Media Inc. | Privacy