Daily Mobile Forum
20 April 2014, 07:42 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read the FORUM RULES - Ignoring the rules will end up with a ban so do NOT ask for registrations keys or share warez links / cracked applications. You have been warned!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nokia N9 messed up rotation. Request: Fix Landscape to Normal  (Read 2203 times)
osunsanseun

Activity
0%

« on: 09 February 2012, 00:14 »

Hi I have a nokia N9 it has dropped only two time but not heavy falls. My phone has being showing weird signs that it's about to malfunction. But today when i noticed when I open an app like web or if i want to connect to the internet. The phone goes to landscape mode by itself even when im in Portrait mode. I rotate it back and forth to put it back in portrait and then i shake it. Then sometimes it goes back to portrait other times it just remains the same. Please can somebody help me? im so disappointed in Nokia I can't even get this phone replaced cause im in the US.

Things I have tried:
Reset
Flash
Delete all my text
N9 tweak
and using the terminal to tweak the sensitivity

None of these worked. Sorry for the long post. Can someone help me?

osunsanseun

Activity
0%

« Reply #1 on: 09 February 2012, 00:40 »

im putting these pictures to show what i mean. For example messaging when i open it, it opens in landscape even though im holding the phone in portrait.

so applications like these open in landscape mode or if you turn it to landscape it rotates...but the problem im having is getting it back to portrait thats my only problem. It won't go back easily like it used to, i have to either tap the head continuously or shake it continuously in portrait mode so maybe it's a hardware problem? in which case im screwed because there's no support in the US.

* Screen_08-Feb-12_16-26-40.png (31.74 KB, 480x854 - viewed 11 times.)

* Screen_08-Feb-12_16-27-15.png (45.07 KB, 480x854 - viewed 2 times.)

* Screen_08-Feb-12_16-27-31.png (39.88 KB, 480x854 - viewed 5 times.)

* Screen_08-Feb-12_16-28-29.png (39.86 KB, 480x854 - viewed 4 times.)
gsaksida
Forum Addicted

Activity
0%

« Reply #2 on: 09 February 2012, 14:23 »

Use N9 quick tweak 3.8.
And play with settings.
osunsanseun

Activity
0%

« Reply #3 on: 09 February 2012, 19:13 »

thank you for your help. this didn't work.
osunsanseun

Activity
0%

« Reply #4 on: 09 February 2012, 19:55 »

so i used your method to kind of disable landscape mode so this will temporarily solve my problem. What i need to do is to send it back and get a new one or fixed as i really think it's a hardware problem.

gsaksida
Forum Addicted

Activity
0%

« Reply #5 on: 09 February 2012, 20:40 »

Now is in portrait?
Guys in talk.maemo.org would be more helpfull then me, because I just bought N9.
osunsanseun

Activity
0%

« Reply #6 on: 10 February 2012, 10:49 »

yea it's manageable now. I think it's a hardware problem because i have to hit the top for it to go back to portrait
gsaksida
Forum Addicted

Activity
0%

« Reply #7 on: 10 February 2012, 14:49 »

Did you played with N9 tweak or N9 Qtweak before it happend this? Some settings done in terminal need to reboot phone and if you rebooted your phone, maybe the settings changed. Huh
I hope it's not hardware problem.
gsaksida
Forum Addicted

Activity
0%

« Reply #8 on: 10 February 2012, 17:37 »

Try a level from nokia store and if the buble goes correctly, then it's not hardware. Although off screen's level is not good because I found it it's not accurate and fast enough.
Try it won't hurt you at least not on your hardware Grin

EDIT: instead of offscreen's level meter, try offscreen's anglemeter (it's faster and more accurate) both of them are free in nokia store.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Daily Mobile - Daily iPhone Blog - Contact us - Forum Rules - © Copyright MAS Media Inc. | Privacy