Daily Mobile Forum
18 April 2014, 15:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read the FORUM RULES - Ignoring the rules will end up with a ban so do NOT ask for registrations keys or share warez links / cracked applications. You have been warned!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [HOW TO] Root your Android device the easy way !!!  (Read 80595 times)
Apex666
Super Moderator
The Immortal

Current Phone:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOTE 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                 My precious - Galaxy S4 i9500 | Nexus 7 Running Ubuntu TouchDEV Preview My Paranoid NOTE 10.1 Tablet Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Samsung Galaxy S2 SlimROM v5.0 | HTC Desire Paranoid Android v2.x | | Nokia 5800XM BlazeUltimate | x1 C5-03 Stock | C7 - Belle Refresh Smiley

Follow Me On Twitter Follow My Digital Drawings On My BLOG BlazeDROID_1.0_BETA Android MODDING Android ROM Releases Support the Android Community on DM Grin South African & PROUD

Activity
100%

Founder and Owner of Apex Designs Inc.

« on: 30 January 2012, 14:40 »

All Credits go to : @jivy26 & @DooMLoRD from XDADevelopers.com

I recently got a new Samsung Galaxy Star 2, and was wanting to get it rooted so that I have superuser privileges. Spent a while looking for the best and safest way to ROOT your android devce and this was the best way found Embarrassed

How to root by using DooMLoRD's Easy Rooting Toolkit. (ZergRush Exploit) (Windows)

Not working for KK6 2.3.6
Download the "DooMLoRD's Easy Rooting Toolkit v3.0" package from HERE and extract it to a directory on your hard drive using WinZip or a similar program.
You need to have the USB drivers for SGH-I777 installed on your computer. (It will be "Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones" in Control Panel\Uninstall Programs.) Download and install the latest drivers from HERE. (x86 and x64)
Both USB Debugging (Menu\Settings\Applications\Development) and Unknown Sources (Menu\Settings\Applications) should be enabled on your phone.
Increase the screen timeout on your phone to 10 minutes. (Menu\Settings\Display\Screen Timeout) Remember to set it back to a shorter interval after you are done rooting.
Connect the USB cable to the phone and the computer. Go to the directory where you extracted the package and execute "runme.bat".
The toolkit will open a command prompt window where you will see the progress of the rooting process. It takes between 5 and 10 minutes for the process to complete.
Success. You're rooted.
Code:

---------------------------------------------------------------
Easy rooting toolkit (v4.0)
created by DooMLoRD
using exploit zergRush (Revolutionary Team)
Credits go to all those involved in making this possible!
 ---------------------------------------------------------------

[*] This script will:
(1) root ur device using latest zergRush exploit (16 Nov)
(2) install Busybox (1.18.4)
(3) install SU files (binary: 3.0.3 and apk: 3.0.6)

[*] Before u begin:  
(1) make sure u have installed adb drivers for ur device
(2) enable "USB DEBUGGING"
from (Menu\Settings\Applications\Development)
(3) enable "UNKNOWN SOURCES"
from (Menu\Settings\Applications)
(4) [OPTIONAL] increase screen timeout to 10 minutes
(5) connect USB cable to PHONE and then connect to PC

Image below of the CMD prompt that comes with the app....

Confirmed to be working on the following devices:

Code:
   Sony Xperia X10 (GB firmware)
    Sony Xperia Arc
    Sony Xperia Arc S
    Sony Xperia Play [R800i/R800x]
    Sony Xperia Ray
    Sony Xperia Neo
    Sony Xperia Neo V
    Sony Xperia Mini
    Sony Xperia Mini S51SE
    Sony Xperia Mini Pro
    Sony Xperia Pro
    Sony Xperia Active
    Sony Xperia Live Walkman
    NTT Docomo Xperia ARCO SO-02C
    Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-i9100/i9100P/i9100T]
    Samsung Galaxy S II for T-Mobile (SGH-T989)
    Samsung Galaxy S II for AT&T (SGH-I777), Skyrocket (SGH-i727)
    Samsung Galaxy S II LTE Rogers Canada (SGH-I727R), Android version 2.3.5, Baseband version I727RUXKJ7
    Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4g Touch
    Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE (SHV-E120S)(korea)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE (SHV-E110S)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE Japanese version (carrier DoCoMo) [SC-03D] (2.3.6) {OMKK3}
    Samsung Galaxy i9100G
    Samsung Galaxy S [i9000B] & [i9000 2.3.3 (PDA I9000BOJV8, Phone I9000XXJVO, CSC I9000GDTMJV7) and german T-Mobile branding], XWJVW (2.3.6)
    Samsung Galaxy S 4G (aka SGH-T959V)
    Samsung Galaxy S Plus (GT-I9001) OS 2.3.3 and 2.3.6 (I9001ZSKP6) & 2.3.4 firmware (i9001XXKP4)
    Samsung Galaxy Mini GT-S5570 (GB only)
    Samsung Galaxy Mini Pro i5510
    Samsung Galaxy W [i8150]
    Samsung Galaxy Y
    Samsung Galaxy Y pro [B5510] (2.3.5)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab [P1000] (2.3.3 firmware), [P1000N]
    Samsung Galaxy Note [N7000]
    Samsung Galaxy Player YP-G70 2.3.5 (GINGERBREAD.XXKPF)
    Samsung Galaxy Ace (2.3.3, 2.3.4 firmware)
    Samsung S5670 FIT DDKQ5 2.3.5
    Samsung Nexus S [i9023] (2.3.6)
    Samsung Nexus S 4G 2.3.7
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus S [i9020] (2.3.6) & Nexus S i9020A (2.3.6)
    Samsung Exhibit (SGH-T759)
    Samsung Exhibit 4G (SGH-T759) (2.3.3) Build UVKE8
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Samsung Captivate i897 UCKH3
    Motorola ATRIX
    Motorola Milestone 3 [ME863 HK]
    Motorola Milestone 2 with Gingerbread
    Motorola XT860, Bell XT860
    Motorola Defy+
    Motorola Droid X sys ver 4.5.605 w/ gingerbread
    Motorola Droid X2 (2.3.4) Sys ver 1.3.380.MB870.Verizon.en.US Build 4.5.1A-DTN-150-30
    Motorola XT883 (China Telecom)
    Motorola XT862 (Verizon Droid3)
    Motorola DROID RAZR
    Nexus One (2.3.6 stock)
    LG Revolution
    LG Nitro HD
    Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet
    Huawei Ideos U8150 (2.2)
    Huawei Ideos X5 [U8800] (2.3.5)
    HTC Sensation (S-OFF only)
    HTC Chacha
    Acer Liquid Mini (2.3.5)
    Acer Liquid Metal (2.3.6)

------------------------------------------

* DooMLoRD_v4_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su.zip (1835.87 KB - downloaded 111 times.)

Apex666
Super Moderator
The Immortal

Current Phone:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOTE 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                 My precious - Galaxy S4 i9500 | Nexus 7 Running Ubuntu TouchDEV Preview My Paranoid NOTE 10.1 Tablet Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Samsung Galaxy S2 SlimROM v5.0 | HTC Desire Paranoid Android v2.x | | Nokia 5800XM BlazeUltimate | x1 C5-03 Stock | C7 - Belle Refresh Smiley

Follow Me On Twitter Follow My Digital Drawings On My BLOG BlazeDROID_1.0_BETA Android MODDING Android ROM Releases Support the Android Community on DM Grin South African & PROUD

Activity
100%

« Reply #1 on: 30 January 2012, 14:59 »

so lets get start

first this is working on this models:
HTC Sensation
HTC Sensation XE
htc Evo 3d
htc Thunderbolt
htc HD [not sure]
htc HD2 [not sure]
HTC Droid Incredible 2
almost all HTC devices

1. first you will have to download and instal this  on your pc
While installing this drivers the phone should be unplugged and also if you have already installed HTC sync you should uninstall before you try to install the drivers
2. go to http://revolutionary.io/ cz we will use this tool from here to make s-off and this will allow to make permanent root to your phone. So once you have entered on the revolutionary scroll down and go to "DOWNLOAD FOR WINDOWS" (blue letters)
-when you click on download for windows the window will popup and download will start automatically
-minimize the browser do not close because later we will have to fill in the fields for beta key
3. Now go to downloaded file from revolutionary web site
-the file should be in zip extension (like this revolutionary-0.4pre4.zip)
-extract any where
- you will get folder with 6 files in side
4. Now take your phone and plug in to your PC. Make sure that is in "charging only" mod
-go to settings/applications/development/ and check USB debugging
5. Go back to your PC and open the folder downloaded from revolutionary
-right click on revolutionary.exe and run as administrator
the program will run and after few moments it will find your phone with all information about it
at the end it will ask you "enter beta key_"
above this you will see your phones serial number
-leave the program open and go back to revolutionary web site to fill the fields in the window
it should look like this

Beta key

Run the Revolutionary utility; that will give you all the information needed to fill in the form below.
Your operating system:    
Your device:    
HBOOT version:    
Serial number:    

Generate

-after filling/chose your device hit "generate" and other window will popup with your beta key
-copy the key

6. once you have copied the key go back to revolutionary program that you have left working on your desktop and write the beta key and press enter
-program will start working and after few minutes (when its done ) program will ask you do you want to download and install flash clockworkmod recovery (Y/n)_

phone will boot up in Hboot mod (Bootloader screen) and you will see that your phone is S-OFF now

that is it you have s-offed your phone

---------------------------------------------------------

now if you want to continue and root your phone permanently without loosing any data do not close any thing but continue with this steps bellow

1. Go back to revolutionary program
-this text should be last "do you want to download and install flash clockworkmod recovery (Y/n)_"
-before you press "Y" go to control panel on your pc and disable firewall
-once you have disable firewall press "Y" in revolutionary program
when the program finish with downloading and installing in some cases (depends on your phone model) in program will write Done and in other case (like with my HTC Sensation XE)program when is finish with downloading and installing just close by hes own
Now phone should boot in HBoot mode

2. Using volume buttons you can navigate up or down and power button is ok/enter button
-navigate to RECOVERY press pow button
HTC boot screen will appear (like when phone is regular booting) and after few seconds Revolutionary Clockwork mod screen will appear
-now navigate to mounts and storage press pow button,mount USB storage and on your pc phone will mount your sd card
3.On your PC you will have mounted SD card (removable disk)
-download this file with zip extension
-copy this file as it is on root folder of your mounted SD card (do not unzip the file)
-close and eject your SD card
4.once you have paste the downloaded zip file to your SD card  pick up the phone and select un-mount,press back button once and in the main screen scroll to "install zip from your sd card"
press pow button,chose zip from SD card press pow button and it will open your SD card
-chose the zip file that you have pasted earlier press pow button than go to YES-install /the name of the zip file/.zip

so that is it guys your phone is permanently rooted without losing any data

NOTE:ON my Sensation XE while installation of zip file i was getting error: "installing aborted"
So if you also have this error try repeating step 4 for  3 times to achieve root. Some users are getting installation aborted but on third attempt rooted successfully

Drivers

Big thanks to @matrix_skopje for the info and tutorial for this method of ROOTING

WRITE SUPER-CID ON YOUR HTC DEVICE {YOU HAVE TO DO THIS ONLY ONCE}

1. Download adb tools here: download for WINDOWS or download for LINUX or from the attachments below
2. On your pc click on your local disk C: Drive (or D: drive for some) (WINDOWS users: Start > My computer > Local Disk (C)
3. Create a new folder called "adb" and extract the files from adb.zip into it. Make sure it doesn't create another folder in the adb folder when extracting

4. open command prompt (or terminal for linux) and type "cd" "followed by the path to your adb folder" (windows users can type "cd C:\adb")
5. Ensure your phone is switched on (regular home screen) and connect it by USB in charging mode (Ensure usb debugging is on settings)
6. enter the command "adb devices". This is to confirm your phone is connected. (It should come back with list of devices attached and your serial number)
7. enter the command "adb reboot-bootloader". (nothing further required device WILL reboot in bootloader)

IF it doesn't you can Manually put the phone in the bootloader/hboot mode
Navigate to fastboot by pressing volume down and pressing power button to select (power off > vol down + power on)
It will take you to the fastboot bootloader screen on your phone
Connect your phone via USB
Your Screen should now read fastboot USB

8. enter the command "fastboot oem writecid 11111111"
9. enter the command "fastboot reboot-bootloader (Wait for it to reboot the bootloader)
10. enter the command "fastboot getvar cid" [it should confirm your CID is 11111111]
11. enter the command "fastboot reboot"
12. You can now flash any ROM you like.

Big Thanks for tutorial (how to write super cid ) to @xl VipeR lx from XDA Developers
Apex666
Super Moderator
The Immortal

Current Phone:

Activity
100%

« Reply #2 on: 30 January 2012, 14:59 »

Reserved for future use.....

| Apex666 |
matrix_skopje
Retired Moderator
Forum Legend

Current Phone:
nokia 5800 XM (v60) runing new Blaze Ultimate. HTC Sensation XE runing Elagancia Rom 3.6.5

Activity
6%

if my post help you hit the green arrow

« Reply #3 on: 30 January 2012, 18:15 »

nice tutorial mate +1
Apex666
Super Moderator
The Immortal

Current Phone:

Activity
100%

« Reply #4 on: 30 January 2012, 18:57 »

nice tutorial mate +1

My pleasure mate, have you rooted yet by the way Huh

matrix_skopje
Retired Moderator
Forum Legend

Current Phone:
nokia 5800 XM (v60) runing new Blaze Ultimate. HTC Sensation XE runing Elagancia Rom 3.6.5

Activity
6%

« Reply #5 on: 30 January 2012, 21:32 »

My pleasure mate, have you rooted yet by the way Huh

not yet mate I didn't have time,but just now I'm watching tutorials how to do that
matrix_skopje
Retired Moderator
Forum Legend

Current Phone:

Activity
6%

« Reply #6 on: 30 January 2012, 23:59 »

hmmmm It's litle different too root my phone
I have to s-off my phone first
never mind when I root my phone I will make new thread about rooting HTC sensation XE
Apex666
Super Moderator
The Immortal

Current Phone:

Activity
100%

« Reply #7 on: 31 January 2012, 21:14 »

New updates coming SOON Cheesy
Drigz
Forum Addicted

Activity
0%

« Reply #8 on: 10 February 2012, 19:15 »

For Galaxy S II - zergrush

For gingerbread 2.3.4, 2.3.5 and 2.3.6 only
Apex666
Super Moderator
The Immortal

Current Phone:

Activity
100%

« Reply #9 on: 10 February 2012, 19:17 »

For Galaxy S II - zergrush

only gingerbread 2.3.4, 2.3.5 and 2.3.6 only

What you need to know mate Huh

Jonas1975
Administrator
The Immortal

Current Phone:
Nokia Lumia 920 / Asus Transformer Prime

Activity
88%

Patience is the companion of wisdom

« Reply #10 on: 11 February 2012, 02:22 »

What you need to know mate Huh

He meant using this method for SGS2: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1296916
Apex666
Super Moderator
The Immortal

Current Phone:

Activity
100%

« Reply #11 on: 11 February 2012, 08:42 »

will add this too the tutorial.....
tictumesh

Activity
0%

« Reply #12 on: 20 February 2012, 13:49 »

will this one worked for zte blade?
Apex666
Super Moderator
The Immortal

Current Phone:

Activity
100%

« Reply #13 on: 20 February 2012, 14:10 »

will this one worked for zte blade?

It should mate Wink
pradhankiran

Activity
0%

« Reply #14 on: 23 March 2012, 08:37 »

hello i m new n  i have samsung galaxy y ..android version 2.3.6 and i want to root my phone an i tried but it says failed to mount /sd card..cant mount /sd card what to do plzzz helpp .....Sad((

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Daily Mobile - Daily iPhone Blog - Contact us - Forum Rules - © Copyright MAS Media Inc. | Privacy