Daily Mobile Forum
17 April 2014, 11:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: DailyMobile is looking for a few good writers.  If you're interested, go here for details.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] JAF - Error booting phone  (Read 5633 times)
Martificiam

Current Phone:
LG Optimus L7

Activity
0%

« on: 07 January 2012, 20:53 »

I have tried to flash my 5530 with JAF, but I get the 'Error booting phone' error. I followed the normal flashing procedures, tried reinstalling the drivers and JAF itself. The Nokia Suite program has just successfully reflashed the phone back to OFW, so this is not a problem with the cable. I also tried flashing OFW with JAF, so it's not related to one firmware in particular. Any ideas?

rahid4s

Current Phone:
Sony Xperia S LT26i

Activity
0%

Can't wait 2 start programming...♥

« Reply #1 on: 08 January 2012, 05:27 »

check if ur RM & fw version is ryt........
If its ok...den jst try 2 flash again.....
Its nt a big deal...happens to me all da tym......
Martificiam

Current Phone:
LG Optimus L7

Activity
0%

« Reply #2 on: 08 January 2012, 10:51 »

Thanks for answering, however, I have tried flashing at least 20 times only to get the same error. The FW versions are right.
itlognapula

Activity
0%

« Reply #3 on: 08 January 2012, 16:50 »

yeah. failed to boot phone on jaf.. because of installing some of the drivers of your phone... after it finish the installing just click again the flash button dont close the jaf.exe, it happens when phone is firstime connected to p.c because of installing the driver itself
Martificiam

Current Phone:
LG Optimus L7

Activity
0%

« Reply #4 on: 08 January 2012, 20:33 »

I know that and this was not the first time I flashed my phone. Fortunately, I have solved this problem. Here's what I did:

At first I thought that my Windows XP installation got messed up, so I reinstalled WinXP, downloaded a new copy of JAF but the problem persisted.
Then, after pressing the power button shortly, I waited for JAF to say "Searching for phone...Found" and then clicked the button again. The flashing was successful.

I am not sure what caused this problem, but the solution above worked.

JeyaJ

Activity
0%

« Reply #5 on: 06 June 2012, 19:33 »

I have tried to flash my 5530 with JAF, but I get the 'Error booting phone' error. I followed the normal flashing procedures, tried reinstalling the drivers and JAF itself. The Nokia Suite program has just successfully reflashed the phone back to OFW, so this is not a problem with the cable. I also tried flashing OFW with JAF, so it's not related to one firmware in particular. Any ideas?

Hi, dude. I've a solution that worked for me. If you encounter "Error booting phone" or "Error reading phone init data", just remove the USB Cable from your phone, wait for 10-15 seconds and again insert it (but don't close or change anything in the JAF interface). Click on FLASH again to continue flashing in the regular procedure. That's it, Finished...!

If you still face the same problem (Now you've to redo the flashing procedure by closing and restarting JAF, also follow above procedure if required),
Remove the battery & SIM card wait for one minute, repack both again and do the procedure for flashing.
(AND / OR)
Change / try another USB Port in the PC

Kindly note that I'm flashing the phone in "offline mode" (switched off condition), also I'm not responsible for any damages for your Phone. Read the procedure for flashing the phone in "Offline Mode" (A Dead or failed to start Phone) carefully, before attempting to flash your phone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Daily Mobile - Daily iPhone Blog - Contact us - Forum Rules - © Copyright MAS Media Inc. | Privacy