Daily Mobile Forum
16 April 2014, 18:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: DailyMobile is looking for a few good writers.  If you're interested, go here for details.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Android: SwiftKey X keyboard app is free today on Amazon  (Read 2121 times)
Phat^Trance
The Immortal

Current Phone:
iPhone 4 /3GS  - Nokia N8 / C7 / N95

Activity
0%

In Trance We Trust

« on: 21 July 2011, 21:30 »

SwiftKey X is a next-generation AI keyboard, now with unrivaled prediction and personalization. SwiftKey X for smartphones builds on TouchType's SwiftKey keyboard to offer cloud personalization, a new prediction engine, and a host of new UI improvements. Using artificial intelligence breakthroughs, the SwiftKey X keyboard accurately predicts your most likely next word based on what you've already written. It can also scan your sent messages, and learn as you use it to make predictions even more accurately over time. The more you get to know your SwiftKey keyboard, the more it will get to know you.
Features
  • Predicts your next word using TouchType's Fluency Prediction Engine
  • Personalize your typing experience with Cloud-based personalization
  • Auto corrects sloppy texting so misspellings are a thing of the past
  • Supports 9 languages, multi-touch, and voice-to-text dictation
  • Simultaneously predicts in three languages
Download

giociampa

Activity
0%

« Reply #1 on: 21 July 2011, 21:59 »

The link appears to be US only  Sad
pageisgod85
Forum Guru

Activity
0%

« Reply #2 on: 22 July 2011, 08:27 »

Have been using its beta for quite sometime now. I simply can't live without this app. It owns Swype, Smart Keyboard Pro, AI Keyboard, SlideIT, etc. etc.
I'm planning on buying it as soon as the trial period of the beta is over. Damn you Amazon for being US-only. Sad
earthworm1102
Forum Guru

Current Phone:
HTC HD2 TMOUS CM10_AOSP_Tytung kernel and Samsung SG3 White International Wanamlite v3.7 JellyBean Siyah v1.6

Activity
0%

« Reply #3 on: 22 July 2011, 18:36 »

US only? When i clicked on d/l it wasn't there. Did i miss it??
chanchan05
Forum Elder

Current Phone:
Samsung Galaxy SL + 5800 Xpressmusic

Activity
0%

« Reply #4 on: 23 July 2011, 12:13 »

Kinda looks like swype dont it? I cant download this, but I got a link to Go keyboard though, nice app. If you guys cant get this, might want to check that out.

pageisgod85
Forum Guru

Activity
0%

« Reply #5 on: 23 July 2011, 13:00 »

Kinda looks like swype dont it? I cant download this, but I got a link to Go keyboard though, nice app. If you guys cant get this, might want to check that out.

Nope, this has nothing in common with Swype. You don't need to use the swyping technique with Swiftkey X and the prediction is much more personalised and accurate, at least for me.

I also like the keyboard layout of Swiftkey X.

Check this video, Chan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6poOrKoEf8&feature=related
chanchan05
Forum Elder

Current Phone:

Activity
0%

« Reply #6 on: 23 July 2011, 13:59 »

What I meant was the the sizes of its keys and the double function buttons for every key, that it looks like swype to me. I dont mean the swiping action that I grew tired of. Smiley
giociampa

Activity
0%

« Reply #7 on: 23 July 2011, 15:23 »

US only? When i clicked on d/l it wasn't there. Did i miss it??

I vaguely recall seeing some sort of countdown clock - presumably to the end of the day - so I guess the link is to the free app of the day page it was being featured on rather than to the app page itself, so as I type it's showing "Farkle Dice Deluxe"
pageisgod85
Forum Guru

Activity
0%

« Reply #8 on: 23 July 2011, 17:18 »

What I meant was the the sizes of its keys and the double function buttons for every key, that it looks like swype to me. I dont mean the swiping action that I grew tired of. Smiley

Oh okay. Most keyboards do that the double function thing. But I guess the layout and look is a little similar. Smiley
chanchan05
Forum Elder

Current Phone:

Activity
0%

« Reply #9 on: 24 July 2011, 04:50 »

Oh okay. Most keyboards do that the double function thing. But I guess the layout and look is a little similar. Smiley

Havent checked too many keyboards because I see no reason to pay for a keyboard :-). However on Go Keyboard only the top row has double functions, and only this and swype is where I've seen the entire keyboard having double functions. :-)

paarkhi

Activity
0%

« Reply #10 on: 24 July 2011, 05:21 »

I still feel comfortable with swype, tried this SwiftKey X but couldn't find cut, copy, paste, select all, functions in this... but otherwise predictions are very powerful

I've tried GOKeyboard, Touchpal, Ultra Keyboard, SwiftKey X etc...
pageisgod85
Forum Guru

Activity
0%

« Reply #11 on: 24 July 2011, 08:04 »

I still feel comfortable with swype, tried this SwiftKey X but couldn't find cut, copy, paste, select all, functions in this... but otherwise predictions are very powerful

I've tried GOKeyboard, Touchpal, Ultra Keyboard, SwiftKey X etc...

You get those (cut/copy/paste/select all) functions with a long press in the text box using any keyboard.
paarkhi

Activity
0%

« Reply #12 on: 24 July 2011, 08:56 »

You get those (cut/copy/paste/select all) functions with a long press in the text box using any keyboard.

Thanks and +1 for letting me know, but I know that already, I was talking about keyboard specific like in swype, when you swype then it comes, and in touchpal, when you long press on a key in the keyboard itself, for Ultra KB there is a special menu to take care of those things and even GOKeyboard has it, that particular thing I couldn't find in SwiftKey X
quencher

Activity
0%

« Reply #13 on: 20 July 2012, 13:05 »

Swiftkey X is really know for it's innovations around the keyboard apps. I like the concept of it and currently using Dextr way different from the rest. It's not on the qwerty but it's on an alphabetical keystroke.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Daily Mobile - Daily iPhone Blog - Contact us - Forum Rules - © Copyright MAS Media Inc. | Privacy