Daily Mobile Forum
20 April 2014, 01:47 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: DailyMobile is looking for a few good writers.  If you're interested, go here for details.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ovi Store passes 40000 apps, beats Apple store growth  (Read 9277 times)
chinu92

Current Phone:
Motorola Defy Cyanogen mod Android 2.3.7

Activity
0%

Baby,i was born this way..

« Reply #30 on: 13 January 2011, 16:47 »

I've had mine for over three months.  No problems have arisen outside the well documented annoyances (browser, keyboard, etc).

It's easy to slag something off when you have little if any personal experience of it, isn't it?

Yeah,since its symbian and nokia.

Sleeper_Service
Crazy Poster

Current Phone:
Nokia N8, Nokia N86, ZTE Blade, iPhone 3GS

Activity
0%

« Reply #31 on: 13 January 2011, 21:21 »

Yes.
The thing is S^3 is a failure.
Our comments are just the consequence of S^1 failure, and everyone is expecting that in S^3...

Right.  You think it's a failure because a previous version of an OS was a failure.  incidentally how many units did that 'failure' shift?.

Gotcha, that must mean why Windows 7 and OS X are crap because Vista and OS 9 were rubbish.

Oh wait.  They're not.

Arguing from a position of ignorance is easy if a bit pointless.
PedroCst
Forum Master

Current Phone:
iPhone 4

Activity
0%

Happy Apple user

« Reply #32 on: 13 January 2011, 22:16 »

Right.  You think it's a failure because a previous version of an OS was a failure.  incidentally how many units did that 'failure' shift?.

I don't Roll Eyes
SomeKindOfName
Forum Elder

Current Phone:
LG Nexus 5

Activity
0%

Never give up -

« Reply #33 on: 13 January 2011, 23:50 »

Loads quickly on mine. Your internet connection is probably slow

First, my internet is everything but slow. And what I actually meant was the scrolling down through the apps, it just goes slow. I don't see how my internet connection could cause that.
sentimentGX4
Forum Guru

Activity
0%

« Reply #34 on: 14 January 2011, 12:23 »

Gotcha, that must mean why Windows 7 and OS X are crap because Vista and OS 9 were rubbish.

Nothing Microsoft has pulled has nearly been as bad as Nokia. Microsoft is a software firm. -.-

hamzakhalidthegreat
Forum Master

Current Phone:
Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S, Nokia 603 And Nokia X2-02

Activity
0%

My passion For Hot Rides is more than your thought

« Reply #35 on: 14 January 2011, 12:26 »

Nothing Microsoft has pulled has nearly been as bad as Nokia. Microsoft is a software firm. -.-

yeah,so nokia should feel for their customers not money
omar_killer
Forum Master

Current Phone:
Samsung Galaxy SIII Paranoidandroid  (AOSP)

Activity
0%

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

« Reply #36 on: 14 January 2011, 12:39 »

windows vista Roll Eyes
yeah,so nokia should feel for their customers not money

new updates are coming to Symbian ^3
and its a new platform...so just wait and see..don't bash s^3 if you didn't tried it...for more than a week Wink
SomeKindOfName
Forum Elder

Current Phone:
LG Nexus 5

Activity
0%

Never give up -

« Reply #37 on: 14 January 2011, 12:44 »

windows vista ::)new updates are coming to Symbian ^3
and its a new platform...so just wait and see..don't bash s^3 if you didn't tried it...for more than a week Wink

Vista? I use(d) it and really, my phone is slower, looks worse and crashes more often. I hope for everyone who owns a S^3 device that Nokia gives some good updates.

Edit:
symbian 3 sucks and wt r updates that bad lookin homescreen my desire slaps any symbian^3 phone Tongue huge and usefull apps for android and iphone

I know someone who owns an Android and says that also that store is full of useless apps. I guess you can find them in any store Wink!
hamzakhalidthegreat
Forum Master

Current Phone:
Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S, Nokia 603 And Nokia X2-02

Activity
0%

My passion For Hot Rides is more than your thought

« Reply #38 on: 14 January 2011, 12:45 »

windows vista ::)new updates are coming to Symbian ^3

symbian 3 sucks and wt r updates that bad lookin homescreen my desire slaps any symbian^3 phone Tongue huge and usefull apps for android and iphone
Kcube989
Retired Moderator
Forum Master

Current Phone:
Samsung Galaxy Note P.A.C.Man ROM NX Kernel

Activity
0%

« Reply #39 on: 14 January 2011, 13:33 »

First, my internet is everything but slow. And what I actually meant was the scrolling down through the apps, it just goes slow. I don't see how my internet connection could cause that.

I was referring to this

load another page of apps

chinu92

Current Phone:
Motorola Defy Cyanogen mod Android 2.3.7

Activity
0%

Baby,i was born this way..

« Reply #40 on: 14 January 2011, 13:35 »

And also,great battery life on your desire,too?
:p
omar_killer
Forum Master

Current Phone:

Activity
0%

« Reply #41 on: 14 January 2011, 13:39 »

not everyone need those crappy apps..i had an htc hero..and i saw the android market..not a big deal..it's full of crappy apps with those ads,and alot of these apps look like each others...as for the home screen there will be an update to fix it..please read some news about s^3 before posting
usta
Retired Moderator
Forum Super Legend

Current Phone:
Samsung Galaxy SII (Android 4.0)

Activity
0%

« Reply #42 on: 14 January 2011, 13:45 »

Distimo has recently released their newest report on application growth.

Distimo launched a new report on state of the apps in 2010, covering all of the major application stores, including Apple’s AppStore, RIM’s BlackBerry App World, Google’s Android Market, Nokia’s Ovi Store, Palm’s App Catalog and Microsoft’s Windows Marketplace for Mobile. Here are the major findings:

Apple grew the most in 2010 in terms of the absolute number of applications, while the runners-up show more growth in terms of percentages. The Apple App Store for iPhone doubled its total during the past year to almost 300,000 applications, while the total number of applications available for Android, almost 130,000, is 6 times the number of applications available one year ago. BlackBerry App World and Nokia Ovi Store showed triple digit growth in the last year as well, reaching nearly 18,000 applications and 25,000 applications, respectively.
The high download volumes of free applications appear to attract developers to switch to ad-supported business model.
The top 300 free applications generated over 3 million downloads each day (average) during December 2010, while only 350,000 paid applications are downloaded daily. However, paid downloads increased almost 30% more than free downloads in the top 300 when comparing the download figures of December 2010 to those of June 2010.
Comparing June data to that of December, we see that the share of revenue generated by in-app purchases from the most grossing free applications more than doubled for both the iPhone and iPad. At the same time, the share of revenue generated by in-app purchases from free applications is much smaller on iPad (15%) compared to iPhone (34%).
Although the proportion of free applications grew, the average price of the applications also declined.
The Angry Birds series is the most popular game with a total of six appearances in the top lists of all stores. Facebook is the most popular non-game application with six appearances as well.

We see that OVI Store has the biggest free apps growth percentage.
Android Market shows the biggest growth (544%) in total store (expected to surpass Apple Store this year in total number of apps).

Source
shadowninty
« Reply #43 on: 14 January 2011, 14:19 »

free apps = blog widgets = fail
omar_killer
Forum Master

Current Phone:

Activity
0%

« Reply #44 on: 14 January 2011, 14:26 »

free apps = blog widgets = fail

haha..blog widgets are only about 30%..go check the store..they are very few...and some of them are actually useful..like we have a t.v station that made this blog widget that i put it on my c7's h.s Wink

it's soo cool! Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Daily Mobile - Daily iPhone Blog - Contact us - Forum Rules - © Copyright MAS Media Inc. | Privacy