easiest way to get orange tornado HS?
- go to NaviFirm and download an orange variant of your firmware. however, not all phones have orange variant.2nd way is to manually activating it.
- 1st download oxycube from: http://download.cnet.com/OxyCube/3000-2074_4-10861630.html
- exit nokia PC suite and open up oxycube and connect your phone
- go to c:\hiddenfolder\isasettings\variantdefaults and replace the original wbxml file with the one attached below
- disconnect from oxy cube and reboot your phone
- done! you finally have the option to enable orange hs under settings -> displayHOWEVER,
certain texts are missing from your phone. to reenable these texts, you need to download a software called PPMod, which will enable you to edit ppm files.
- download PPMod from: http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.php?topic=34822.0
(download link on 2nd post)
- install and open PPMod and select your ppm file
- click under ppm
- then click under text
- click on edit contents at bottom right
- when a new TEXT screen pops up (looks like a grid / excel doc with all the rows and columns), scroll down through the entries and locate Orange Homescreen.
- for the next 200 entries below (some are blanks, while some are filled), simply enter the fields following the same pattern as in the text file attached below.
- when you have finished, simply close the text edit window and click on 'create ppm' button.
- you can then flash your phone with the edited ppm. Important note!
- do check that when you open up any ppm with PPMod, there's no decompression error. you can see this on the status / log section on PPMod
- when you have finally create your ppm, check the size so that it will be more or less equal to your original ppm.
- the text entries i have posted here is based on my phone, 5610xm. other phones may vary.