NOTE: Accounts will be given to donors only!Description:NaviFirm+
is a modded version of the NAVIFIRM tool developed by EPICBIZNUS, I made the additional improvements documented in the Change-Log.
Below follows a brief description of the NAVIFIRM tool.
NAVIFIRM is the ultimate all-purpose tool for downloading Nokia firmware images, obtaining lists of product codes
, and finding the right product code for your phone
. NAVIFIRM downloads all this straight from Nokia's servers so you don't have to wait for people to post data packages and lists of product codes.
NAVIFIRM is useful for just about anyone:End users
: Find product codes to use with NSS/NSUJournalists
: Be the first to know when new firmware hits NSUDevelopers
: Download ROM images for extracting filesCare Suite/Phoenix/box users
: Download ROM images to flash Additional NSU servers can be added by editing Main.cs in the source code.
NOTE: The main developer for this software is EPICBIZNUS, I have made the additional improvements which have been documented in the Change-Log.For More Info:http://www.symbian-toys.com/NaviFirm.aspxDownload NaviFirm+Features Available to non-donors:
- Search latest firmware version by Product Code
- Download latest firmware version
- Add Product Codes to the Favourite List to be notified of new firmware releasesAdditional Features Available to donors only:
- Notification of firmware changes since last login.
- Freely browse all the Firmware versions available for any device.
- Download / Copy to ClipBoard, any firmware version.
- Shows hidden / replaced / removed variants (marked in red colour)NaviFirm+ Change-Log:
- New: credentials for public shared account are automatically acquired from server (if available)
- Improved: support for public shared accounts
- New: shows a warning message for those accounts whom generates too much traffic
- Improved: disabled the keypress-auto-repeat in the listboxes to avoid flooding the server with a lot of requests and get the account disabled
- Fixed: the bitcoin email field was too short
- Fixed: login issues for some Turkish accounts
- New: Bitcoins accepted! It is now possible to donate using Bitcoins
the open-source, p2p, electronic money, available worldwide! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin
- Improved: shows the current transfer speed (kB/s = kilobytes per second, 1kB/s = 1000bytes/s)
- Improved: automatically search for Product Code after 3 seconds of inactivity, in case that the "enter" key is missing
- Improved: shows the proper measure unit in the file details (KiB = kibibytes, 1KiB = 1024bytes)
- Improved: client/server transfer speed
- Improved: registry is not used anymore. Username, password and GUI settings are now saved in the Config_v3.xml (.NET Framework will store it under %LOCALAPPDATA%)
- Fixed: important issue in cache management of hidden variants and current variants: were cached using the very same data.
- Fixed: some NaviFirm+ settings were lost after an automatic update.
- Fixed: the welcome box containing the recent changes was not showed after an automatic update.
- Fixed: detect and removes empty server responses from the cache
- New: interrupted and incomplete downloads can be resumed, avoiding to download the whole file again
- New: downloads can be temporarily paused and restored later
- New: migrated to .NET Framework v4
- Improved: if, for any reason, some firmware file is invalid, it will be automatically reported to NaviFirm+ server and it will be fixed asap.
- Improved: handling of server error messages sent to the client has been rewritten
- Fixed: some panels sizes, were not restored properly on launch.
- Fixed: changed the default value to optional = false during the vpl parsing
- Fixed: in a very particular case, the product list was empty
- Fixed: double-click on download window to open the destination path was not working properly when clicking on labels
- Improved: keeps the windows and panel sizes preferences for the GUI.
- Improved: handling of wrong text/html responses, instead of text/xml.
- Improved: handling of "product code not found on caresuite".
- Improved: handling of corrupted cache files. The corrupted cached file will be automatically deleted and content will be donwloaded again.
- Improved: Welcome Message can now be scrolled
- Improved: minor GUI changes
- Fixed: crash when downloading a firmware which has been found through Nokia Care Suite and user is donor
- Fixed: the item "Upload New Product Codes" is now disabled properly
- Fixed: filters gets cleared when searching on Nokia Care Suite
- New: Variants that (for any reason) have been replace/removed/hidden from Nokia Care Suite server, will be shown by NaviFirm+ in RED colour.
You can change this behaviour by manually editing the Config_v2.xml file and set ShowHiddenVariants to False.
- Improved: Favourite list can now detect new Variants available for the same Product Code / Software Release (it can happen when a variant is replaced by Nokia with another)
- Improved: it is possible to donate using Credit Card or Skrill/MoneyBookers. These donations are accepted worldwide, also from counties not supported by PayPal.
Non-donors will be happy to know that in this release, they can use some basic features of NaviFirm+ without needed to login
These are the NaviFirm+ features available to Non-donors:
- insert a Product Code to check the latest available release in Nokia Care Suite server
- download the latest available release from Nokia Care Suite server
- add some Product Code to the Favourite list to be notified when a new software release is available in Nokia Care Suite server
- New: Search in Nokia Care Suite feature (available to non-donors too).
You can now insert a Product Code in the textbox to search for it in Nokia Care Suite Server
Non-donors that were using Nokia Care Suite Tool to search for new firmware versions, can totally replace it with NaviFirm+
- Improved: the Favourite Product Codes feature has been opened to the non-donors too.
- Improved: minor GUI changes
- Fixed: some issues in the auto-update features (delay for the app-restart was too short)
- New: NaviFirm+ automatically downloads and installs new updates
- New: Engine Rewritten from scratch
- New: Favourites Product Codes list
- Improved: trasfer speed! network communication is gzip-compressed
- Improved: caching policy is handled by the server, you don't need to worry about cleaning the cache to get fresh results
- Improved: refuses to add duplicated files to the download queue
- Improved: minor GUI improvements
- Removed: ShowExtendedInfo and ServerIndex settings
- Known Issues: doesn't support proxy. Proxy support will be added in next releases.
- New: Ported to .NET Framework 4.0
- New: Shows additional Product informations in the tooltip, including phone's image.
Note that the tooltip is disabled by default, if you want to enable it, you must change the NaviFirmPlus.Config file in this way:
<setting name="ShowTooltip" serializeAs="String">
- New: added notifications about the current connection status and the amount of trasferred bytes
- Improved: .vpl file is now handled without showing any window (you can disable the .vpl parsing changing the NaviFirmPlus.exe.config)
- Improved: better data transfer speed
- Improved: connection engine has been rewritten
- Improved: minor changes to the status bar
- Fixed: crash when double-click on "Size" column
- Fixed: sorting on the "Size" column was not working proprerly
- New: it is now possibile to Download up to 20 files simultaneously. You just need to increase the Download Sessions limit (default value is 2).
- New: added option to automatically append the PC to the destination path
- New: the download manager has been rewritten from scratch. Using the new Download Queue you can enqueue all the fw files you need to download, while keeping to use NaviFirm+
- Improved: the Parse VPL checkbox has been removed, you can change this setting through the NaviFirmPlus.exe.config file
- Fixed: Bad layout on Chinese System
- Improved: Minor GUI changes
- Fixed: Error when downloading large files.
- New: Added filesize and filetype details.
- New: Parse VPL option, will automatically download and parse the VPL file and will select mandatory fw files.
- New: Added support for Nokia Care Suite Server! This server contains additional fw files, like the Drive E: 16Gb file for N8.
- Improved: At startup will use the latest server choosen by the user.
- Fixed: The connection to the Quality Assurance server wasn't working properly.
- Fixed: Due to some old debug code I forgot, NaviFirm+ unexpectedly closed itself after the 20 December.
- Fixed: Crash on Windows 7.
- Improved: From now on this software, available on Symbian-Toys.com website, will be named NaviFirm+ in order to distinguish it from other variants.
- Improved: Download window provides detailed informations about the downloads
- New: Can be embedded as NokiaCooker's plugin
- New: Added Caching
- New: Advanced Filter for Results
- New: Copy URLs to ClipBoard. This feature can be used to download files using any extenal Download Manager you like.
- Improved: Columns can be resized
- Improved: Window can be resized