Daily Mobile Forum
20 April 2014, 19:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: DailyMobile is looking for a few good writers.  If you're interested, go here for details.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nokia N8 aluminum back cover isn't scratchless at all?!  (Read 16288 times)
jtj1995
Forum Addicted

Current Phone:
Samsung I8910HD(dead and buried), Nokia 5800XM(dead), Nokia N8(dying)

Activity
0%

MeeGo is future Qt is the way

« Reply #75 on: 22 January 2011, 15:29 »

the screen is scratch proof the body is highy scratch resistent

i've dropped my n8 plenty of times i have dents but no scratches
the scratches went away when i wiped it

symbian0
Forum Addicted

Activity
0%

« Reply #76 on: 22 January 2011, 15:56 »

I only have like 2 small scratches inside usb port, nothing else. I have N8 since 7.12.2010. and did drop it few times.
brnd15

Activity
0%

« Reply #77 on: 22 January 2011, 17:01 »

My N8's screen was broken with JUST 1 FALL!!!
vector88

Activity
0%

« Reply #78 on: 22 January 2011, 17:17 »

the screen is scratch proof the body is highy scratch resistent

i've dropped my n8 plenty of times i have dents but no scratches
the scratches went away when i wiped it

sorry, i am using N8 since christmas day and i have after everyday use scratch on the screen (and don't know how could it happen because i wear no coins in same pocket as my mobile phone) and on back, right next to flash,has made ugly white spot on orange metal surface.

i am angry about it, since the phone costs lot of money, it's brand new and looks like my nokia 5800 after 2 years of use..

so, shall I make a complaint to the seller and ask for new cell phone? or get it fixed?

i can post some photos as i get home, if you want.
jtj1995
Forum Addicted

Current Phone:
Samsung I8910HD(dead and buried), Nokia 5800XM(dead), Nokia N8(dying)

Activity
0%

MeeGo is future Qt is the way

« Reply #79 on: 22 January 2011, 17:31 »

sorry, i am using N8 since christmas day and i have after everyday use scratch on the screen (and don't know how could it happen because i wear no coins in same pocket as my mobile phone) and on back, right next to flash,has made ugly white spot on orange metal surface.

i am angry about it, since the phone costs lot of money, it's brand new and looks like my nokia 5800 after 2 years of use..

im not sure wats wrong with your phone but that shouldnt happen pls post pics
so, shall I make a complaint to the seller and ask for new cell phone? or get it fixed?

i can post some photos as i get home, if you want.

ppatriserus

Current Phone:
Nokia N8-00

Activity
0%

« Reply #80 on: 23 January 2011, 05:20 »

I scratched my N8 yesterday as a demo for a friend. I used my car keys, and exerted moderate pressure.

There are no obvious scratches that I can see. The phone withstood the test perfectly.
tysonraylee
Forum Elder

Current Phone:
Samsung Galaxy Note  AOKP ICS BUILD 40 and Black Iphone 5 16GB

Activity
0%

"Nothing is True" "Everything is Permitted"

« Reply #81 on: 23 January 2011, 06:00 »

I dont know why anyone would do such a thing to N8 Angry
I love my N8 Grin Tongue,i love it very much and on any cost i would try to keep it safe rather scratching/throwing etc with it
Please dont do such a thing to a beautiful phone like this
See what i did to my N8 Wink Wink
Technically you can call it Lamination
It took me quite some time and i know it makes my N8 lose its beauty but i think its worth it

* Picture 007.jpg (34.36 KB, 640x480 - viewed 57 times.)

* Picture 008.jpg (32.1 KB, 640x480 - viewed 39 times.)

* Picture 009.jpg (33.62 KB, 640x480 - viewed 39 times.)

* Picture 010.jpg (30.71 KB, 640x480 - viewed 33 times.)

* Picture 011.jpg (30.06 KB, 640x480 - viewed 37 times.)

* Picture 012.jpg (35 KB, 640x480 - viewed 33 times.)

* Picture 013.jpg (40.66 KB, 640x480 - viewed 34 times.)

* Picture 015.jpg (33.87 KB, 640x480 - viewed 26 times.)

* Picture 016.jpg (32.29 KB, 640x480 - viewed 37 times.)
uzernamezz

Current Phone:
Samsung Galaxy Note (Official 4.1), HTC Mozart (7.Cool, Nokia N9 (PR 1.3)

Activity
0%

What's wrong with farsha today?

« Reply #82 on: 23 January 2011, 09:35 »

wow... a laminated N8. :O
joppek

Current Phone:
N8

Activity
0%

« Reply #83 on: 23 January 2011, 09:52 »

tbh i'd rather have a phone with a million scratches than an intact one covered in plastic - to hell with the resale value

also, i'd be inclined to think that any amount of force that's going to scratch the n8, will not be stopped by a plastic sheet...
iamnotiam

Current Phone:
N8-00

Activity
0%

« Reply #84 on: 23 January 2011, 10:46 »

I guess the lesson to learn here is to know the difference between SCRATCH-PROOF and SCRATCH-RESISTANT. As far as I know, nothing, absolutely nothing is scratch proof, you take a pure diamond and scratch it with another diamond and you'll get a scratch , that' how they cut diamonds, with other diamonds haha.
I sometimes work with anodized aluminium and yes it has a hard surface but we are talking here about a very thin layer, apply enough pressure and the soft aluminium underneath will start to give way and the the hard surface would brake and that's how you scratch your scratch-resistant N8.
And the glass isn't scratch-proof either, sure coins and keys and not so sharp knives it may handle but you take a piece of granit with a sharp edge and you can draw pictures on that glass and it will probably brake because it's toughened.

xon3r4te

Activity
0%

« Reply #85 on: 23 January 2011, 12:43 »

The 5800 had the annoying elevated rimming that made it difficult to tap the sides of the display but also protected the display. The camera also had a slightly elevated metallic rimming as well.

The 5800 has a sturdier form (shape) than the N8 so it's not surprising It may fare better in certain circumstances. The N8 is made with sturdier materials, of course.

Overall, I don't think Nokia will make another 5800 sturdy form based phone, though, because it proved unpopular and aesthetically unappealing.
tysonraylee
Forum Elder

Current Phone:

Activity
0%

« Reply #86 on: 23 January 2011, 12:49 »

tbh i'd rather have a phone with a million scratches than an intact one covered in plastic - to hell with the resale value

also, i'd be inclined to think that any amount of force that's going to scratch the n8, will not be stopped by a plastic sheet...

you think i did it for Resale value Huh Undecided
No my friend not at all Tongue
and also when i did this i never though its going to protect my phone from breaking/dents if it would fall from my hands/somewhere
I did it because i saw a few N8's whose colour just below the speaker got dull after a few days,now i am not really sure why that happend but i definetly didnt wanted my N8 to be like that
And also i saw a few phones with  scratches in the sides which i didnt like at all
And i am also not saying that this is going to protect my phone forever
But least i will be satisfied that i did the best i could to keep it preserved as i wanted it to be Wink Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
And yes i love my phone so much that i cannot withstand to see a scratch on it Grin Grin
skiba

Activity
0%

« Reply #87 on: 23 January 2011, 13:33 »

Dont you think a silicone cover would be more practical and more effective?
Got one for mine just that I could get a better grip on the phone.
The aluminium cover is slippery and almost dropped it many time bc of that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlmikf55lL4

zymesh
Forum Elder

Current Phone:
1610> 6150> 3210> 5210> 3530> k300> 5070> 5530> N8> 808> S4

Activity
0%

Software Tester

« Reply #88 on: 03 February 2011, 14:31 »

wth laminated n8??? you just ruined your n8 mate. Nokia intended to make its phones with 'Casings' to protect it. Thats the purpose of casings/outer shell.

you can buy an n8 but you cant buy a leather protective case or even a silicone 3rd party one?..
tysonraylee
Forum Elder

Current Phone:

Activity
0%

« Reply #89 on: 04 February 2011, 08:05 »

wth laminated n8??? you just ruined your n8 mate. Nokia intended to make its phones with 'Casings' to protect it. Thats the purpose of casings/outer shell.

you can buy an n8 but you cant buy a leather protective case or even a silicone 3rd party one?..

I can definetly buy leather protective/silicone case rather i actually did try those on my phone, Silicon covers up my phone but the rubber like nature of the cover makes it hard for me to keep/take it out form my pocket and also i wasnt able to access the menu button properly and had to press it quite hard to get into the menu which otherwise without the cover is very easy and Personally i dont like leather cases as they make any phone look bulkier than they actually are and i hate the flip-flop option that they have
Thus lamination is the best thing out there for me to make it look sleek and shinier and much handy than leather/silicon casing
I did the same thing to my N97 and i loved it
and i am loving it more on my N8

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Daily Mobile - Daily iPhone Blog - Contact us - Forum Rules - © Copyright MAS Media Inc. | Privacy