N8 graphics

<< < (5/8) > >>

Skullet:
As far as I'm aware the Cortex A8 is a far superior chip to the Arm 11, if clocked at the same speed the Cortex A8 should deliver around 40% more calculations per second than an ARM 11. Not to mention the A8 is a much better architecture all round and has support for features that are well beyond the ARM 11. All in all there really is no excuse for using an ARM 11 other than cost saving, I figure Nokia probably has a warehouse full of ARM 11's that it needs to use up. On the other hand that Broadcom GPU is quite tasty, would have been better if they hadn't paired it with a sub par CPU though.

keithlum:
 * Motorola Droid:TI OMAP3430 + PowerVR SGX530,7 million per second polygons

* Nexus One:Qualcomm QSD850 + Adreno 200,22 million per second polygons

* iPhone 3G S:600 MHz Cortex-A8 + PowerVR SGX535,28 million per second polygons

* Samsung Galaxy S:S5PC110 + PowerVR SGX540,90 million per second polygons

**** Nokia N8 broadcom 2727 chip,32 million per second polygons

this is a comparison picture some of the brand.

Skullet:
Quote from: keithlum on 05 May 2010, 04:27

* Motorola Droid:TI OMAP3430 + PowerVR SGX530,7 million per second polygons

* Nexus One:Qualcomm QSD850 + Adreno 200,22 million per second polygons

* iPhone 3G S:600 MHz Cortex-A8 + PowerVR SGX535,28 million per second polygons

* Samsung Galaxy S:S5PC110 + PowerVR SGX540,90 million per second polygons

**** Nokia N8 broadcom 2727 chip,36 million per second polygons

this is a comparison picture some of the brand.

Isn't the Broadcom 2727 rated at 32 million pollygons per second?

Impressive performance from the Samsung Galaxy S, interesting to note that it uses a Coretex A8 based core.

bronxboy:
We have everything we need to overtake an iphone now & I already proved that with Pimp Juice.
if Nokia insist on using such an outdated browser and crappy programmers we will continue to have the same experiences.  

Today we can have on the N97

1. nicer 3D Icons

2. A nicer Web browser interface that allows us to choose where to place the cache.

3. a flash flair fix.

4. single tapping

5. Native DIVX suport.

6. The nag screens for the fm transmitter and power unplugged removed. I know the transmitter is on because I turned it on and I know my phones unplugged because I unplugged it (sarcasm).

7. Threaded messaging.

8. resistive multi touch.

9. A better photo gallary

10. A more polished Music player that allows us to access the current play-list without digging through menus & turn on the fm transmitter from the main screen without (Again)  digging through a menu,  being hit by a nag screen and winding up in another application.

11. A fix for the music player widget so it doesn't forget our place all the time and force us to go digging through menus every time we want to listen to our music. I cannot stress how annoying this is. Flagship N series Device ???

12. a second set of Home-screen widgets like in Symbian^3. Swiping to a blank screen is absolutely useless and because of the poor designed of the Media player & only having 2 shortcut widgets I need to give the FM transmitter its own widget or I risk wrecking my car even more. This means I have no room for social networking widgets or even a weather widget. Whoever was in charge of the UI of Symbian^1 on the N97 was an idiot because If the N series is supposed to be a multimedia device it's got the worst multimedia applications I have ever seen.

13. flash games.  yes people, Flash based games can put most Open gl  games to shame & they are easy to program.

One day I will fix all this crap But the really messed up part is I will get absolutely no Help from Nokia. So Thanks for the ride Nokia. I can't wait to get off.  hopefully I can do it before I wreck my car!

symbiote.s60:
Quote from: Skullet on 04 May 2010, 23:35

As far as I'm aware the Cortex A8 is a far superior chip to the Arm 11, if clocked at the same speed the Cortex A8 should deliver around 40% more calculations per second than an ARM 11. Not to mention the A8 is a much better architecture all round and has support for features that are well beyond the ARM 11. All in all there really is no excuse for using an ARM 11 other than cost saving, I figure Nokia probably has a warehouse full of ARM 11's that it needs to use up. On the other hand that Broadcom GPU is quite tasty, would have been better if they hadn't paired it with a sub par CPU though.

Yeah, and that sucks... Sadly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page