Daily Mobile Forum
16 April 2014, 18:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: DailyMobile is looking for a few good writers.  If you're interested, go here for details.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: question to modders  (Read 1396 times)
aznboix
Crazy Poster

Current Phone:
N97 my own CFW v21

Activity
0%

« on: 10 April 2010, 02:43 »

hey guys, I'm wondering if it's possible to create a folder and all new installed applications will be installed in this new folder instead of the original "apps". I had this idea because everytime i format my mass storage and flash my phone(to make sure everything works fine) I have to reinstall all my games and applications and move one by one to desire folders which takes so much times.

for example: file browser 4.5

by default, the shortcut is located at "main menu/file browser/". I gotta move filebrowser 4.5 to "A(my wanted folder)" then delete the folder file browser on main menu. for one application is not that bad, but when there is many applications, then it consumes lots of times.

Any help??

CjWy

Current Phone:
NOKIA 伍⑤Ⅲ零 Śm

Activity
0%

¥ 52.0

« Reply #1 on: 10 April 2010, 03:04 »

it's cant come true , bcz some apps u installed will copy files 2 Driver C ,so no matter where u move them to , they will not work after u flash ur phone
aznboix
Crazy Poster

Current Phone:
N97 my own CFW v21

Activity
0%

« Reply #2 on: 10 April 2010, 08:21 »

maybe i did not make my question cleared. let me rephrase this:

By default, all installed applications would go to "main menu/apps". So, Is there a MOD that we can intergrate into a CFW that allow us to install all new applications to a specific folder that we want?
paarkhi

Activity
0%

« Reply #3 on: 10 April 2010, 08:55 »

You first install and place them in your desired folder and then copy the folder C:\private\101F4CD2\ to your CFW and place them accordingly... \private\101F4CD2\ and make a entry in your scriptinit.ini to copy back to your c:\private\101F4CD2\ then I think you'll have all your apps and games in your desired folders...

Give it a try.....
swordlink
Retired Moderator
Forum Legend

Current Phone:
Nexus 5, iPhone 4

Activity
0%

« Reply #4 on: 10 April 2010, 10:01 »

the first thing you have to know, that when you.install a application, several files go in c/resource/apps and some in c/sys/bin and everytime a folder with the uid of the application is created inc/private!

so now tell me what do you wanna change there? its unpossible!

paarkhi

Activity
0%

« Reply #5 on: 10 April 2010, 12:01 »

I think he means a placement of icons in particular folders and not abt installations, So it is possible through appshelldata.xml, or is it not, @swordlink please correct me if Im wrong
swordlink
Retired Moderator
Forum Legend

Current Phone:
Nexus 5, iPhone 4

Activity
0%

« Reply #6 on: 10 April 2010, 12:05 »

hm appshelldata sets the order of icons in the menu.
aznboix
Crazy Poster

Current Phone:
N97 my own CFW v21

Activity
0%

« Reply #7 on: 10 April 2010, 23:48 »

I think he means a placement of icons in particular folders and not abt installations, So it is possible through appshelldata.xml, or is it not, @swordlink please correct me if Im wrong

yeap, that's exactly what what i want. The right term "placement of icons in a particular folder"

so what do i have to do with appshelldata?
yener90

Current Phone:
HTC Desire HD

Activity
0%

« Reply #8 on: 10 April 2010, 23:55 »

first place the icons like you want, then copy appshelldata.xml from you C: drive to pc, your cfw.
swordlink
Retired Moderator
Forum Legend

Current Phone:
Nexus 5, iPhone 4

Activity
0%

« Reply #9 on: 10 April 2010, 23:57 »

yes.. thats correct man!

paarkhi

Activity
0%

« Reply #10 on: 11 April 2010, 06:30 »

yeap, that's exactly what what i want. The right term "placement of icons in a particular folder"

so what do i have to do with appshelldata?

and appshelldata.xml will be in the folder as I have told you above in my post, i suggest copy C:\private\101f4cd2
there is appshell.ini and contents folder in which resides the appshelldata.xml
copy the whole folder from your phone to PC after placing the icons in your desired position and then you can place them in your CFW at the same place i.e. \private\101f4cd2
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Daily Mobile - Daily iPhone Blog - Contact us - Forum Rules - © Copyright MAS Media Inc. | Privacy