Daily Mobile Forum
23 April 2014, 08:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: DailyMobile is looking for a few good writers.  If you're interested, go here for details.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NAVIFIRM: A tool for obtaining firmware, product codes, more  (Read 385286 times)
mufaddal_km
« on: 04 February 2009, 18:02 »

NAVIFIRM is the ultimate all-purpose tool for downloading Nokia firmware images, obtaining lists of product codes, and finding the right product code for your phone. NAVIFIRM downloads all this straight from Nokia's servers so you don't have to wait for people to post data packages and lists of product codes.

NAVIFIRM is useful for just about anyone:

End users: Find product codes to use with NSS/NSU
Journalists: Be the first to know when new firmware hits NSU
Developers: Download ROM images for extracting files
Care Suite/Phoenix/box users: Download ROM images to flash

Additional NSU servers can be added by editing Main.cs in the source code.

To use NAVIFIRM, just start navifirm.exe and drill down from left to right. To download files, check the boxes of the files you want (or click the All button), then click "Download from FiRe". Find a directory to put the files in, then click OK. Care Suite and Phoenix should be able to pick up the firmware files if you put them in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nokia\DataPackage (if you use Vista w/ UAC, you'll have to right-click navifirm.exe and select Run as Administrator). Note that calibration and most other non-firmware files ordinarily included in data packages cannot be downloaded via this tool. To generate a product code list suitable for forum posts, etc., select a product and release, then click the Export PC List button. From there, you can copy and paste the list of product codes or save it as a file.

This software is released with no warranty whatsoever, express or implied. If you screw up your phone trying to flash something downloaded with this tool, it definitely isn't my fault. As bricking a phone is easy, proceed with great caution. You have been warned.

Version 0.3 now available
You can find it here : http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.php/topic,25771.0.html
oreo27

* navifirm-0.1-bin.zip (25.95 KB - downloaded 52088 times.)

nasua
« Reply #1 on: 04 February 2009, 19:40 »

Thx, it works perfectly.  Smiley
khalludy
« Reply #2 on: 09 February 2009, 18:45 »

thnx alot...downloading
eViL D:
Forum Elder

Current Phone:
HTC TD2  & Nokia 5800XM, Retired: Xperia X1i, G1, iPhone 3G, N95-3, N78, K850i, etc.....

Activity
0%

« Reply #3 on: 09 February 2009, 19:11 »

Nice, but you can't connect via proxy as there are not options.  I will try later at home.
raychansg

Activity
0%

« Reply #4 on: 10 February 2009, 17:15 »

It works. AFter you downloaded the flash files just place them at the link below:
C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\PhoneData\Products

Hope this helps!

Ive updated mine Smiley Thats how i know it really works now after some trials and errors

akshaytomcruise

Current Phone:
Nokia 5800, Firmware : 50.0.005 Smiley official

Activity
0%

Riders on the Storm ;)

« Reply #5 on: 14 February 2009, 10:08 »

I tried this on my 5800 xm but does not work , can you tell me how  to get it going , Thanks
mufaddal_km
« Reply #6 on: 14 February 2009, 10:27 »

I tried this on my 5800 xm but does not work , can you tell me how  to get it going , Thanks

just run the navifirm file ...choose 5800 from the phones and select the firmware version and the region and download the file ..
it will only download firmware file ....it wont update your phone ..
flambeau
« Reply #7 on: 16 February 2009, 23:04 »

Huh Hi, I've downloaded this program and version 20.xxx for my N82. How do I install it? I mean, if my phone version is 30.xxx, and the current version for it is 31.xxx, how do I downgrade my 30.xxx version to version 20.xxx without installing v.31.xxx?  Huh
Thx!
mufaddal_km
« Reply #8 on: 16 February 2009, 23:07 »

u cannot downgrade your phone ...
downgrading requires special hardware ...
all u can do is just update or flash ur phone  with same firmware
flambeau
« Reply #9 on: 16 February 2009, 23:25 »

thx. So good-by update   Cry

radical24
Retired Moderator
Forum Master

Current Phone:
iPhone4,N8,N97v22, iphone3gs(iOS4),n85, n95-3, n82, n73ME, c902i

Activity
0%

In silence I find reason

« Reply #10 on: 16 February 2009, 23:48 »

you can always update and reinstall current firmware what you CAN NOT DO is downgrade firmware !
mufaddal_km
« Reply #11 on: 17 February 2009, 06:33 »

downgrading is possible and is done by many but it requires special hardware ( mts/jaf box )...without this hardware u can brick your device
by the way i was able to downgrade n73/n80 with jaf without any hardware  Smiley
djripster
« Reply #12 on: 17 February 2009, 11:02 »

Great tool... Thanks for sharing this... I would love to see this tool's development continue.. A download manager will help.. This tool's GUI should remain minimal with only functional upgrades.
BrownCHiLD

Current Phone:
Nokia 5800 XM Tube

Activity
0%

Loving my 5800 XM and DailyMobile.se!!!

« Reply #13 on: 17 February 2009, 12:19 »

I would like to know if there's a way to update my 5800 XM w/ this tool? Im looking at this thread in search for a way to update my firmware because nokia has been slow to release a version for mym my phone's product code: 0578218

am I looking at the right direction here?
mufaddal_km
« Reply #14 on: 17 February 2009, 12:35 »

I would like to know if there's a way to update my 5800 XM w/ this tool? Im looking at this thread in search for a way to update my firmware because nokia has been slow to release a version for mym my phone's product code: 0578218

am I looking at the right direction here?

This tool only helps you to download firmware files ...
u need to look here
http://www.dailymobile.net/forum/index.php?topic=1525.0

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Daily Mobile - Daily iPhone Blog - Contact us - Forum Rules - © Copyright MAS Media Inc. | Privacy