Daily Mobile Forum
19 April 2014, 17:25 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read the FORUM RULES - Ignoring the rules will end up with a ban so do NOT ask for registrations keys or share warez links / cracked applications. You have been warned!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We - Travel Free Mobile phone Navigation software (No Data costs)  (Read 14375 times)
doubleheman

Activity
0%

« on: 12 August 2009, 01:18 »

We travel is a new offline sat nav for your mobile phone. It won't charge you any data costs because the Maps are saved to your mobile phone. Best of all it's freeware.

I have managed to instaill this on my phone (Nokia 5800) although it took me a long time so I will post up the instructions that I used.

Homepage

http://www.we-travel.co.cc

Download link

http://we-travel.co.cc/joomla/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=sections&Itemid=17&lang=en

Mr Bean

Activity
0%

Ha HA ha

« Reply #1 on: 12 August 2009, 01:20 »

Link is screwed.
doubleheman

Activity
0%

« Reply #2 on: 12 August 2009, 01:22 »

Link is screwed.

Thanks, I have fixed the link
Jonas1975
Administrator
The Immortal

Current Phone:
Nokia Lumia 920 / Asus Transformer Prime

Activity
87%

Patience is the companion of wisdom

« Reply #3 on: 12 August 2009, 11:25 »

This could be a great find...  I shall try this freeware !    Smiley

You should also post screenshots when you post an app...  It's in the forum rules, so try to do it in the future...

Here's some screenshots I found...

Mr Bean

Activity
0%

Ha HA ha

« Reply #4 on: 12 August 2009, 11:29 »

I am having a bad hair day, I can't find a download link grrr

Edit: Now I found the link I get error message invalid jar file..

Edit: Downloaded wrong file DOH, all good

Edit: I give up, this looks fantastic for a free app, if anyone works out exactly how to install and add maps, please post a guide here. Thanks

badbud

Current Phone:
Nokia 5800 XM

Activity
0%

Take time to deliberate, the stop thinking and Go!

« Reply #5 on: 12 August 2009, 13:20 »

I give up, this looks fantastic for a free app, if anyone works out exactly how to install and add maps, please post a guide here. Thanks

Yes how do you install this the instructions ain't very clear at all, in fact there are no instructions.    Lips sealed

Would be really useful if you could put the install in the link then inform how you get the appropriate maps on your phone?
Jonas1975
Administrator
The Immortal

Current Phone:
Nokia Lumia 920 / Asus Transformer Prime

Activity
87%

Patience is the companion of wisdom

« Reply #6 on: 12 August 2009, 13:46 »

I give up, this looks fantastic for a free app, if anyone works out exactly how to install and add maps, please post a guide here. Thanks

I haven't tried yet but have you seen their instructions ?

http://we-travel.co.cc/wiki/index.php?title=Installation#S60_devices_.28read_:_most_Nokia.27s.2C_some_Samsungs.2C....29
badbud

Current Phone:
Nokia 5800 XM

Activity
0%

« Reply #7 on: 12 August 2009, 14:53 »

Cheers I'll give it a go later and let you know my results
doubleheman

Activity
0%

« Reply #8 on: 12 August 2009, 15:01 »

Installation instructions

Using the Phone Installer (This did not work for me, It just gave me a error message)

As of RC26, you can use the Phone Installer tool to download the required files to your mobile phone. The Installer will guide you through a number of dialogues and will download all the needed files to your mobile phone or memory card in the correct structure. You can get the Phone Installer from the download page :
We-Travel download page
After you downloaded the Installer, unzip the files to your harddisk and run the .bat file. For Linux, enter java -jar WeTravel_PhoneUpload.jar -WTRUN -LOG on the command line.
If you used the Phone Installer, you can now skip to the installation section.

Old Style installation

Alternatively, you can still download the components individually and install the files yourself :
Go to the We-Travel download page and download the following files:
The We-Travel software (e.g. rcxx.zip - xx being the latest version number) from here
A Voice pack (e.g. Voice-FemaleNewsReader.zip) from here
A map of the area you want to navigate in (e.g. Maps-united_kingdom.xx.xx.zip) from here
A menu set (icons) you want to use (currently only Default Menu) from here
You can download these files on your PC or - if your phone supports downloading and unzipping files - directly on your phone, but be aware that the size of the map files can be up to a hundred MB and more (the UK map is 95 MB, the map of Germany currently 264 MB).
Once you have downloaded all your data, you need to unpack the files. Start with the software itself (rc15.zip in our example). Unpack the zip-file in an empty folder and give that folder a reasonable name (e.g. "WeTravel"). This folder should now contain two files: WeTravel.jad and WeTravel.jar. Now move the other two zip files (the voice pack and the map) into this folder. Unpack the voice pack (Voice-FemaleNewsReader.zip) in a folder named "Voice" and the map file (Maps-united_kingdom.02.15.zip) into a folder named "Map". You can now either delete these two zip files or move them into another folder if you want a backup. Your folder structure should now look like this:
WeTravel\
Map\
lots of files
\0\
\1\
Voice\
lots of *.wav files
Menus\
WeTravel.jad
WeTravel.jar

If you have done all these steps on your phone, you can now go to the next step. If you have done this on your PC, you will now have to transfer the folder "WeTravel" to your phone. Make sure you have enough space available, because this folder's size might be up to several hundred MBs. Check your phone's manual on how to transfer files from your PC to your phone. Most phones should at least support one of the following methods: USB, WLAN, memory card, Bluetooth (slow). Memory Cards are probably the easiest way for most users to transfer the files.
badbud

Current Phone:
Nokia 5800 XM

Activity
0%

« Reply #9 on: 13 August 2009, 20:54 »

How to install: Its very easy just follow all the instructions as guided through by the installer, but here is what I did.

Using the phone installer from PC via USB

Set Phone to Mass Staorage

Ran: Start WeTravel_PhoneUpload.bat

Then followed instructions, I choose: (But most are up to you)

options chosen are:
munited_kingdon.zip
voice-FemalNewsReader.zip
Voice-HomerSimpson.zip
DeafualtMenu.zip
MenuCarbon26.zip
menu_advanced_black.zip
MenuDefault.zip
animatedmenu.zip
MenuAdvanced.zip
rc30.zip

didn't choose these they where on the download page

installmedia.zip
Config.zip

Then let the applications run its course.

Once done reboot phone.

Load up File manager locate directory you created earlier as per instructions and then run WeTravel.jar and follow instructions from there and your away.

Brilliant, now I'm off to mess with it.

badbud

Current Phone:
Nokia 5800 XM

Activity
0%

« Reply #10 on: 13 August 2009, 21:31 »

Well it works, but?

Its not S60v5 optimised, so you get that crappy half screen with navigation buttons below, some touch screen functions though. However its great for free and its only version 0.2, so hoping for future improvement.

Hommer Simpson's voice is more like Bill Murry, still funny though.

Great features, infact loads of features, so it'll take time getting used to.

Despite the bad points well recommended.
badbud

Current Phone:
Nokia 5800 XM

Activity
0%

« Reply #11 on: 13 August 2009, 22:18 »

Ah, call of stupid, forgot about changing the settings in Applications Manager, then turning On Screen Keyboard Off, now it works perfectly, fully touch screen enabled, brilliant.
Chrisoldinho

Activity
0%

« Reply #12 on: 15 August 2009, 17:07 »

everytime i try and run the installer it i get an error message "invalid jar file" on my N5800
badbud

Current Phone:
Nokia 5800 XM

Activity
0%

« Reply #13 on: 15 August 2009, 18:39 »

Have you installed it via the PC first? Once that's done, then you run the .jar file from your phone.
salchichon05

Current Phone:
Samsung Galaxy S3(32gbWhite)-CM10.Samsung Galaxy S2(Black)-rooted stock.Samsung Galaxy S2(White)-Darkside Evolution ROM.Samsung vibrant.galaxy tab.n97.5800 xm.n95-3

Activity
0%

« Reply #14 on: 15 August 2009, 18:52 »

thanks. Will try. It sounds like long instructions. You should  try amaze gps its also free and downloads very easy.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Daily Mobile - Daily iPhone Blog - Contact us - Forum Rules - © Copyright MAS Media Inc. | Privacy