Daily Mobile Forum
23 April 2014, 08:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read the FORUM RULES - Ignoring the rules will end up with a ban so do NOT ask for registrations keys or share warez links / cracked applications. You have been warned!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nokia 5530XM Prototype Preview (Good News for Nokia 5800 users)  (Read 67617 times)
J-Slade

Current Phone:
Nokia 5800 Xpress Music

Activity
0%

I Tube... Do You?

« on: 18 July 2009, 17:34 »

Today I had a meet and greet session with a Nokia Product Manager and got a sneak peek of the Nokia 5530 in my country.

Key Features Noted:

1) Enhanced homescreen (contacts bar + applications/widget shortcut)
2) Kinetic Scrolling (which is only available for web browsing, home screen and contacts scrolling)
3) Has everything the Nokia 5800 have to offer except 3G and GPS.
4) The built quality is not as sturdy as the Nokia 5800. It is even more plasticky than the Nokia 5800 especially the back cover. It is however much slimmer in form factor.
5) Rear camera does not have any 'scratch protection' when placed flat on the table. In fact the prototype had many scratches on the camera glass.
6) Screen more vibrant in colours compared to Nokia 5800. Apparently there are more pixel count on the screen.
7) Comes in 2 colours. Red and Blue. The Red version comes in complete black with red lining. While the Blue version comes with a 'chrome' front bezel and a white backplate.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRSUkEXMmtY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRSUkEXMmtY</a>

Please pardon my english... lolz... I just casually playing with it and didn't plan for a proper review.

Anyway to the good stuff.

The purpose of the meet and greet session was actually to get feedback from Nokia 5800 users. Kind of like a focus group. There were about 10+ of us there during the event and we expressed all our unhappiness about the phone. So here is what I got. Apparently Nokia is aware of the new firmware update we are looking for. So v31 (or whatever it is going to be called) is confirmed coming. Right now they are in the process of testing the enhanced homescreen and kinetic scrolling on the Nokia 5800 amongst other things like camera improvements, response time, frequent crash.. etc. But like I said, its still in the testing process. Bear in mind, the Nokia 5530 does have a faster processor than the Nokia 5800 and also certain hardware inside is different. When asked what is the rough date of the firmware release, Nokia is not able to give a date because they are still a long way in the testing. From the looks of it, its not coming anytime this quarter of the year. Reason? They'd have to release the Nokia 5530 first before anything else. Also, of course it makes sense because the N97 was recently released and they have to let that simmer in a while. But hey guys, chill out! At least Nokia is aware of what we need....

Hope you guys enjoy the photos!

J-Slade

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay guys, believe it or not my thread here in www.dailymobile.net has spread to virtually hundreds of websites/blogs on the internet that are spreading rumours that Nokia is confirmed bring the kinetic scrolling and enhanced homescreen to the Nokia 5800. Today, I actually received a phone call (yes they actually managed to contact me) to pass this message to me which I would like to send the message here as well. I am clarifying that Nokia is NOT confirming of any enhanced homescreen and/or kinetic scrolling to be made available for the Nokia 5800. You guys got to understand that Nokia does not make empty promises and in this situation, they are unable to confirm whether or not it will happen. But like I said, they are well aware we want these features even before I met them and now that me and a few users expressed our opinions about the phone, they have listened to us and given the feedback to Nokia. And like what the product manager told us, if the hardware is similar and since they do have the same OS, i don't see a reason why they wouldn't want to try to integrate these features. But once again, like I said, whether or not it will happen, we still cannot confirm it. For those of you who read my post here and understood it, you guys are already on the right mindset. For those of you who read it elsewhere on other sites that 'exaggerated' what I said, then I hope I didn't get your hopes too high.

I hope what I wrote did not mislead you guys. I'm sorry if I did but anyway its clearer now. Cheers!

mster911

Current Phone:
N86 Indigo

Activity
0%

« Reply #1 on: 18 July 2009, 17:44 »

nice..howz the audio quality
Adam Downing
DailyMobile Writer
Forum Elder

Current Phone:
iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 800

Activity
0%

« Reply #2 on: 18 July 2009, 17:46 »

Why bother, they should have just worked on 5800 updates.
J-Slade

Current Phone:
Nokia 5800 Xpress Music

Activity
0%

I Tube... Do You?

« Reply #3 on: 18 July 2009, 17:47 »

nice..howz the audio quality

Audio quality is pretty much same as the Nokia 5800 except it has more 'strategically' placed speakers. You see the first photo? Where the 'dots' are? Yeah thats where the speaker is. So when ur looking at it facing front (perhaps in landscape mode), the audio is coming directly to you. Internal audio wise, I didn't try it out cos I forgot to bring my earphones.
Adam Downing
DailyMobile Writer
Forum Elder

Current Phone:
iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 800

Activity
0%

« Reply #4 on: 18 July 2009, 17:56 »

Still a 3.5mm jack on it then?

Mr Bean

Activity
0%

Ha HA ha

« Reply #5 on: 18 July 2009, 18:02 »

They stuck it on the bottom lol

J-Slade

Current Phone:
Nokia 5800 Xpress Music

Activity
0%

I Tube... Do You?

« Reply #6 on: 18 July 2009, 18:02 »

Yeap still 3.5mm but its location is placed in a more practical place. The bottom of the phone. The charging jack, audio jack and mini USB port all placed at the bottom (instead of the top like the Nokia 5800) which i feel is a much smarter move.
bach

Current Phone:
5800XM

Activity
0%

« Reply #7 on: 18 July 2009, 18:43 »

The chrome one would look way classier with a silver backplate and without the stupid blue lining. What a shame Nokia decided to butcher the color theme.
-=Undertaker=-
DailyMobile Contributor
Forum Elder

Current Phone:
Google Galaxy Nexus, 5800

Activity
0%

REST IN PEACE.

« Reply #8 on: 18 July 2009, 18:54 »

are you sure we're getting kinetic scrolling? if its true then you ROCK!!!!!!!!!
maddada
Crazy Poster

Current Phone:
Nokia 5800 XM RM-356_51.0.006- Photon> next phone: HTC Desire HD

Activity
0%

never buying another device from nokia, They SUCK.

« Reply #9 on: 18 July 2009, 19:04 »

+1 for great news thx alot j-slade  Grin

rajvir29

Current Phone:
Nokia 2680 Slide and Ipod Touch 8GB

Activity
0%

« Reply #10 on: 18 July 2009, 20:47 »

Niceeee
Skyline30
Forum Guru

Current Phone:
5800, N95, Palm Pre

Activity
0%

« Reply #11 on: 18 July 2009, 20:57 »

The chrome one would look way classier with a silver backplate and without the stupid blue lining. What a shame Nokia decided to butcher the color theme.

tottally agree....looks cheap dont it
ivor1024
Crazy Poster

Current Phone:
Nokia 701 Dark Steel/Nokia 5800

Activity
0%

« Reply #12 on: 19 July 2009, 00:49 »

When asked what is the rough date of the firmware release, Nokia is not able to give a date because they are still a long way in the testing. From the looks of it, its not coming anytime this quarter of the year

Damn, who's gonna wait for that long

anyway, what about that flash light?
looks kind big
Silencer23
Crazy Poster

Activity
0%

« Reply #13 on: 19 July 2009, 01:58 »

GOOD NEWS...
How long does new firm testing usually take ? Whats to test already that takes more than a month or two .... ?
Give the device to 500 nokia beta testers and have them report back after a month, done.
I think we will see it sooner than expected
jasonyip33
Forum Addicted

Current Phone:
Nokia XM 5800 HK V51.0.006

Activity
0%

<3 CC

« Reply #14 on: 19 July 2009, 02:15 »

I agree with silencer. Back to 5530, navifirm already has it with one product code.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Daily Mobile - Daily iPhone Blog - Contact us - Forum Rules - © Copyright MAS Media Inc. | Privacy