Join Today
    Administrator
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Nokia Drive+ is Now Available for All WP8 Devices in US, UK and Canada

When I got an HTC WP 8X to test I confused to say the least by lack of availability of Nokia Drive. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that Nokia was going to provide maps for all Windows Phone 8 devices as part of their agreement with Microsoft however I couldn't download the app to 8X. *Well it seems that if I would test that same 8X today I couidl download Nokia Drive to it. *Nokia has announced that it is now available for all WP8 devices in the US, UK, and Canada.</p>

Why is this such a big deal you say? *Nokia Drive is the ONLY fully offline maps on Windows Phone plus it has turn by turn navigation. *As I was looking around the web for proof of this I found this picture from Nokia Innovation of an HTC 8X with Nokia Drive&#43; loaded onto it.</p>

</p>

If you have a non Lumia Windows Phone 8 device I suggest you download Nokia Drive to it. * You will thank me later when your "lost" and can find your way home easily.</p>VIA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia Drive+ is Now Available for All WP8 Devices in US, UK and Canada

What does really differenciate any WP8 device from a Lumia from now on?
    Nice move MS... again!!!
    Next move: Nokia becoming MS's service provider. In the meantime MS learn how to improve their Bing maps, until 2016, when Nokia will be dumped in the trash.