Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mufaddal_km

Default Guide: Remove stuck installer files from memorycard/phone memory

• Delete stuck installer files from memory card (no hack needed)

Your application manager may contain references to .sis files which are not installed and which can not be removed. This can happen if a program fails to install, or if you reset your phone. To get rid of these stuck installers, you'll need to remove them manually.

You'll need access to your memory card from your computer by bluetooth, USB cable, or card reader.

1) Connect your phone to your computer in data transfer mode (a.k.a. mass storage). Do NOT choose PC Suite mode.

2) Tell your computer to show hidden files and folders.

3) Navigate to \private\10202dce on your memory card and remove the .sis files that appear as "not installed" in the application manager.

• Delete stuck installer files from memory card or phone memory (for hacked phones)

Your application manager may contain references to .sis files which are not installed and which can not be removed. This can happen if a program fails to install, or if you reset your phone. To get rid of these stuck installers, you'll need to remove them manually.

You'll need a hacked phone and a Symbian file manager like Active File or X-plore.

1) Make sure your phone is hacked and "caps" are disabled.

2) Use a Symbian file manager like Active File or X-plore to navigate to C:\private\10202dce (phone memory) or E:\private\10202dce (memory card) and remove the .sis files that appear as "not installed" in the application manager.

Recover 5 MB of internal phone memory (for hacked phones)

there is a 5 MB placeholder file called reserved.bin. This space is only used if you do an "over the air" firmware update. If you update your phone from your computer, you don't need this file and you can delete it to gain five extra megabytes of phone memory.

You'll need a hacked phone and a Symbian file manager like Active File or X-plore.

1) Make sure your phone is hacked, "caps" are switched off.

2) Use a Symbian file manager like Active File or X-plore and navigate to C:\Private\102072c4.

3) Delete the file reserved.bin.

4) Make an empty text file called reserved.bin and drop it into C:\Private\102072c4.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Guide: Remove stuck installer files from memorycard/phone memory

Tell me.........
    who will do this just for 5mb of phone memory.
    i dont think that recovering phone memory will have any effect on phone's performance.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mayurkuhate
    Tell me.........
    who will do this just for 5mb of phone memory.
    i dont think that recovering phone memory will have any effect on phone's performance.
    if the phone says any error regarding memory consumption, like "out of memory" or "phone mem full", believe me the 5MB will be your greatest gift from heavens

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 130130y
    if the phone says any error regarding memory consumption, like "out of memory" or "phone mem full", believe me the 5MB will be your greatest gift from heavens
    Well.......i hardly use my phone memory(except for my current wallpapers and current ringtones)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mayurkuhate
    Well.......i hardly use my phone memory(except for my current wallpapers and current ringtones)
    well this stuff is useful for ppl who have at and python and accelerometer apps installed

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

This's really important who want to install someting like nokia messaging, flash 3.1, java upgrade.... So 5mb is like the heaven thing for them.(can i delete reserved.bin?)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

thanks mufaddal_km

5mb is v.useful for me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

mmmm weird.... when i go to that folder... i have a file named reserver...but the x-plore says that is 0B .... and is not ".bin"

any help??

sorry about my english

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ushoda
    mmmm weird.... when i go to that folder... i have a file named reserver...but the x-plore says that is 0B .... and is not ".bin"

any help??

sorry about my english
    the same to me. no reserve.bin, only 0-byte reserve

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Very helpful. Specially the one where we can release additional 5mb. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast