Join Today
Page 1 of 32 123 11 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default [2012-05-27] DxTend Theme for SPB Mobile Shell v0.1.1 Beta (aka Simple Theme)

QUICK UPDATE!!!
    go here for info, screens and downloads:
    DxTend Theme for SPB Mobile Shell v0.01(1) Beta
    update to v.0.01(1) Beta by DrunphO

previously:

HOT UPDATE!!!
    go here for info, screens and downloads:
    DxTend Theme for SPB Mobile Shell
    first Beta release by DrunphO

from the beginning:

SPB Mobile Shell Simple Theme
    Alpha Version by DrunphO

Brief description:
    A long time ago... ehehe, but yes... a long time ago i start modding my own theme, first i use a mix of bladehu2's Glass Box and Seyd's Vivaz Edition (for me the best and more complete themes) but time to time i changed something here and there, and now i have something completely different.
    Don't expect a new and fresh design, this theme isn't about design, it's more about simplicity and functionality. I did this for me so maybe you will notice a lack of widget design options, in fact, for example i didn't edit the media widget because i don't use it.
    But i've edited almost everything on qa_layouts and almost all bars and buttons so letís see what's different.

HOT:
    Real Thin Bottom Bar
    Yeah! real bar with 60px height and with full support for portrait and landscape, semitransparent and with more functions than ever:
    - integrated slide bar, even in landscape (something that doesn't exist even in the original theme)
    - slidebar works also like 5th button. if you press the slidebar on homescreen you go to professional and in professional screen you go to home.
    - Added a center button in sub-menus in order to go back to homescreen directly
    - new icons inspired on belle bar
    - replaced the "ugly" icons from the various menus with simple dots but maintaining all the functionality
    - the bar on homescreen it's prepared to 5 pages and for 3 on professional

New and Smaller Calendar
    With full support also for landscape, now u have a nicer and smaller calendar, resulting on a large area for the list

New and Smaller Dialer
    Also like the calendar, you will get a simple, smaller and cooler dial

AND...
    7 Extra Screens
    7 extra screens with 1 page with vertical scroll for categories, if you scroll to right or left u will go to the next or previous screen

MORE:
    - New top status bar with common but "better" icons;
    - New and Simple style for some widgets like the analog clock or battery;
    - Some other simple options for some widgets like Picture Frame or Contact;
    - Boxes, some color inspired belle backgrounds, invisible and others sizes for shortcuts;
    - Some widgets with different sizes in portrait and landscape in order to better fit the screen size;
    - Belle inspired icons for menus and some other like task manager;
    - Edited and moved the close icon in task manager;
    - Removed the ugly and useless vertical scrollbar in some pages like favorite contacts;
    - Bigger images and nicer picture's file name localization on slideshow;
    - Added 2 folders in Menu\Tool for Original and Custom Panels;
    - Added some programs to default menus;
    - etc, etc, etc. Well... too much things to enunciate all, but like i said before... i've edited almost all files in qa_layouts, so you must try it to see with your own eyes, but i must said that i tried to clean and align everything in all pages, removed all the excessive glow forms, items adapted to the new screen area, etc, etc, etc.

See CHANGELOG for news and more info...

NOTES:
    Like i said before i started this mod a long time ago, but only now (i think) i have something really different here that is worthy to share it. i suggest you to try it, even if you prefer the WOW widgets style, u can use this one like the base theme and add your own favorites widgets styles.

I released this as an Alpha version because there are still some things to be modded, so it isn't even a Beta Version, but...

... it's STABLE and FULL FUNCTIONAL

I hope that i can reach a Final version soon.

I've attached some random screenshots, a pack with almost all pages at 50% of original size and, of course, all the files you need it.

TO DO:
    Well, it depends on you... if there is feedback and people like it i will improve the theme in a general way, but the things i want to change next are:
    - Edit Big Box for shortcuts in order to better fit 3 rows on landscape;
    - Add Simple style to all widgets, including the Media Widget;
    - Restore the possibility to use all the original widgets;
    - Some buttons and some bars styles aren't exactly equal because some are very old and others i made this month. i plan to correct this;
    - Add translations for custom panels and styles to all languages (here i will need some help from you);
    - Modify the shortcut format and probably the images too that i use to the Extra Panels and re-create the entire layout with those;
    - Release a lite version without the extra layouts, i don't test it but i presume that consumes less ram;
    - Add more apps to default menus: Internet, Multimedia, Tools, Messaging, Organizer and Settings

if someone could provide me with a list with the respective UIDs and by categories i'll appreciate very much
    for example:
    Internet - Opera Mini - #00000000
    Multimedia - TTPod - #11111111
    Tools - PhoneTorsh - #22222222
    Messaging - iSMS - #33333333
    Organizer - NiceAlarm - #44444444
    Settings - Swype - #55555555

for Moderators:
    Please don't merge this thread with the general one for now... this one is a little different and i share it only here, it's a kind of Daily Mobile exclusive SPB MobileShell theme

MORE ABOUT:
    1. You should have only Lifestyle layout enabled in settings, but you can access the Professional one by pressing the slidebar on the center of menubar in Homescreen (Lifestyle). When in Professional layout you can go back to Homescreen by pressing again on the bar or scrolling up or down. I use the professional layout to access the extra layouts but i think that it's also excellent to use it to something like the Belle status panel.
    2. On the Extra Layouts for Categories u should have only 1 page for each one. You will see also a working scroll bar for the 7 pages and you can scroll up and down to see all the page (i didn't include the vertical scroll on this pages, it's useless, i don't like it and i didn't figured out how to mod it) and right and left to navigate between the 7 layouts. Pressing the slidebar you will go back directly to Homescreen.

HOW TO:
    Change Slidebar for 3 or 5 pages:
    [1] open the qa_layouts.dat provided in the pack with winrar or a similar program;
    [2] extract* the file:
    - LockScreen.xml - if u want to change it in professional
    - LockScreen2.xml - if u want to change it in lifestyle
    [3] open the extracted file with notepad;
    [4] find and edit the line:

<Layer Name="Slider" Dialog="MenuBarSlider3"/> <!-- for a 3 dots slider -->
    or
    <Layer Name="Slider" Dialog="MenuBarSlider"/> <!-- for a 5 dots slider -->

[5] save the file and update* qa_layouts.dat (ex. drag the file to the qa_layouts.dat's winrar window)
    [6] copy the updated qa_layouts.dat to e:\Others\SpbShell\
    [7] restart SPB Mobile Shell
    * IMPORTANT: for extraction and also for compression (when updating qa_layouts.dat) you must use the password: b0fm18zq

Translate the theme for your own language
    1. Open the file Strings_**.txt corresponding to your language;
    2. In the end of the file you will find the non-translated strings that you need to edit - translate them;
    3. Save your file and copy to e:\Private\20028B16\
    (...) read more about

Personalize the Extra Screens names
    1. Open the file Strings_**.txt corresponding to your language;
    2. In the end of the file you will find the strings "ExtraScreen1", "ExtraScreen2", "ExtraScreen3", etc.
    3. Rename the second part of those lines (after the "|" character) to whatever you want.
    4. Save the file and copy it to e:\Private\20028B16\ overwriting the existing

TRANSLATIONS:
    It's possible to translate everything on SPB Mobile Shell - shortcuts, menus, widgets styles, etc. - even the extra panels on this theme (...) Translations are in progress, know more about here:

SPB Mobile Shell Simple Theme Language Pack

CHANGELOG:

2011-12-22 - build 0.0.3
    - First Alpha released and the creation of this thread

2011-12-22 - build 0.0.4
    - Added the correct "SpbShell_20028b16.reg" file to the pack

2011-12-23 - build 0.0.5
    - 2 new styles of Picture Frame Widget to use as backgrounds with full support to portrait and landscape... (more info)

2011-12-29 - build 0.0.6
    - Added the support for a complete translation of the theme and easily rename the extra screens to your own needs;
    - Some Layouts edited (areas dimensions, rows height, select areas, etc.) in Portrait and Landscape;
    - Some Widgets styles edited, some restored and some new;
    - Added some apps to default menus (maybe i will remove them next time);
    - Some changes to be compatible with SPB Mobile Shell 3.8 build 944;
    ... read full log

2012-01-05 - build 0.0.6 fixed by by expinox
    - Solved the saving problem reported by some users using build 0.0.6
    - Added 14 extra "Only Text" styles plus other 2 themes also for shortcuts
    ... read more

2012-01-09 - build 0.0.7
    - New Holidays Simple Small Widget style and the respective Adjusted requested by Amarjit
    - Recycle Bin on Bottom Bar while editing Contacts Favorites
    - Size an positions of texts and icons on Menu Options (Right Button) re-arranged in both views (Portrait and Landscape);
    - Size an positions of texts and icons on several pages like Favorite Programs, Select Widgets, Select Links, Contacts Carousel, etc.
    - Original SPB Menu replaced by a new editable one, however it can be accessed through a shortcut link;
    - Removed the links to contacts and menu from bottom bar while in extra panels to suit better a menu like layout;
    - New shortcut widget style like shortcuts in menus to create a 3x4 menu with a adjusted size for portrait and landscape;
    - Scrollbar replaced by 3 dots even if it's a 5 pages layout;
    ... read full log

2012-02-13 - build 0.0.8
    - Big icons for pages and layouts in menu were remade, something more like Belle... i hope u like it
    - Shortcuts Menu Tree completely reformatted;
    - A way to add different "Lock" icons to layouts;
    - Added shortcut links for more SPB original pages and all the icons are now with the same style;
    - Fixed the icons for "Send MMS" and "Video Call" - i miss those... from the beginning;
    - All Extra Screens are now Professional layouts with the same background as the other folders and pages;
    - New function of left button in bottom bar in Lifestyle and Professional (previously 3d carrousel) with a new icon to change between those layouts, carrousel now can only be accessed by pressing the menu button (right) and then the left one;
    - Slidebar (center button) on Lifestyle and Professional now open the status page (but for now it will have by default shortcuts for almost all shell pages;
    - Favorite Contacts Page it's now a normal professional layout, so u can add any other widget - not only contacts;
    - Pages, Layouts and Folders links will not appear in the Recent Used List
    - In all Editable Professional Pages (the professional itself, the extra folders sections, the system folder, etc.) we can use the "Reset to Default" option on the Popup Menu to revert all changes to the default ones.
    - Now we can and must edit the extra pages by sections: Header, Layout, Footer and Background for each page plus Header, Footer and Background common for all pages;
    - New shortcuts for all those pages (sections) with some new icons inspired on the original ones.
    - New menu popups for the extra folders with direct links for the editable pages;
    ... read full log

2012-05-15 - v0.01.(0) Beta
    ... read full log

2012-05-27 - v0.01.(1) Beta
    ... read full log

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:

!!! make sure you have a backup of your Registration Key!!!

Requisites:
    - SPB MobileShell (off course)
    - Phone with access to system files (i'm not sure)

the same old story...
    [1.1] - exit SPB MobileShell
    [1.2] - with any file explorer (ex. X-plore) or with your phone connected to PC...
    [1.2.1] - copy file spbmobileshell.rgs to: e:\Private\20028B16\ overwriting the existing one (see IMPORTANT notes bellow)
    [1.2.2] - copy all string files Strings_**.txt to: e:\Private\20028B16\ overwriting the existing ones (see IMPORTANT notes bellow)
    [1.2.3] - in the same folder, delete file SpbShellBackup.reg (optional if u will do step 1.4.1)
    [1.3] - still with any file explorer (ex. X-plore) or with your phone connected to PC...
    [1.3.1] - copy the folder SpbShell to e:\Others\ (see IMPORTANT bellow)
    [1.4] - with any file explorer (ex. X-plore) NOT with PC...
    [1.4.1] - copy file SpbShell_20028b16.reg to: c:\System\apps\ overwriting the existing one
    [1.5] - with any file explorer (ex. X-plore) or with your phone connected to PC...
    [1.5.1] - copy all images from Backgrounds Samples Pack to e:\Images\Pictures\SPBShell\
    [1.6] - start SPB MobileShell

or...

[2.1] - exit SPB MobileShell
    [2.2] - ... (see IMPORTANT note for step [1.3] bellow)
    [2.3] - install the sis file provided!!!
    [2.5] - with any file explorer (ex. X-plore) or with your phone connected to PC...
    [2.5.1] - copy all images from Backgrounds Samples Pack to e:\Images\Pictures\SPBShell\
    [2.6] - start SPB MobileShell

IMPORTANT:
    in steps [1.2] - use c:\Private\20028B16\ if u have instaled SPB on phone memory (c drive)
    the step [1.2.2] - it's only for build 0.0.6 or above
    in steps [1.3] - if you already have some theme installed (this or other), you should delete folder e:\Others\SpbShell\ (or all files within it) before.
    the step [1.5] - it's only for build 0.0.5

if your phone isn't hacked you should sign the installer with your own certificate.

UPDATES:
    If u have the previous build already installed you only need to download and merge the Update Pack or install the Update Installer.
    If u are upgrading from 0.0.4 to 0.0.5 is recommended that you copy the sample backgrounds provided (step [5]) before running Mobile Shell.
    If u are upgrading from 0.0.5 to 0.0.6 u should delete from e:\Others\SpbShell\ some files before (...) read more about

DOWNLOADS:

Alpha v.0.0.4
    Full Pack: SPB_Mobile_Shell_Simple_Theme_v.0.0.4_Alpha-Dx32
    Full Installer: SPB_Mobile_Shell_Simple_Theme_v.0.0.4_Alpha-Dx32.sis

Alpha v.0.0.5
    Full Pack: SPB_Mobile_Shell_Simple_Theme_v.0.0.5_Alpha-Dx32 (more info)
    Update Pack: SPB_Mobile_Shell_Simple_Theme_Update_v.0.0.5_Alpha-Dx32 (more info)
    Full Installer: SPB_Mobile_Shell_Simple_Theme_v.0.0.5_Alpha-Dx32.sis (more info)
    Update Installer: SPB_Mobile_Shell_Simple_Theme_Update_v.0.0.5_Alpha-Dx32.sis (more info)

Alpha v.0.0.6
    Full Pack: SPB_Mobile_Shell_Simple_Theme_v.0.0.6_Alpha-Dx32 (more info)
    Update Pack: SPB_Mobile_Shell_Simple_Theme_Update_v.0.0.6_Alpha-Dx32 (more info)
    Full Installer: SPB_Mobile_Shell_Simple_Theme_v.0.0.6_Alpha-Dx32.sis (more info)
    Update Installer: SPB_Mobile_Shell_Simple_Theme_Update_v.0.0.6_Alpha-Dx32.sis (more info)

Fixes for Full and Update Packs:
    SPB_Mobile_Shell_Simple_Theme_v.0.0.6_Alpha_FIX-Dx32 (more info)
    SPB_Mobile_Shell_Simple_Theme_v.0.0.6_Alpha_Fix&Pl us_v2-Dx32 (more info)
    SPB_Mobile_Shell_Simple_Theme_v.0.0.6_Alpha_Fix&Pl us_v3-Dx32 (more info)
    SPB_Mobile_Shell_Simple_Theme_v.0.0.6_Alpha_Fix&Pl us_v4-Dx32 (more info)
    SPB_Mobile_Shell_Simple_Theme_v.0.0.6_Alpha_Fix&Pl us_v5-Dx32 (more info)
    a Big Thanks to by expinox for all the support and specially for solvig the saving problem and also for Amarjit for testing

Alpha v.0.0.7
    Full Pack: SPB_Mobile_Shell_Simple_Theme_v.0.0.7_Alpha-Dx32 (more info)
    Full Installer: SPB_Mobile_Shell_Simple_Theme_v.0.0.7_Alpha-Dx32.sis (more info)

Alpha v.0.0.8
    Full Pack: SPB_Mobile_Shell_Simple_Theme_v.0.0.8_Alpha-Dx32 (more info)

Beta v.0.1.0
    Full Installer: DxTend_Theme_for_SPB_Mobile_Shell_v.0.1.0_Beta-Dx32 (more info)

Beta v.0.1.1
    Update Pack: DxTend_Theme_for_SPB_Mobile_Shell_v.0.1.0_to_v.0.1 .1_Beta-Dx32.sis (more info) (UPDATED)

Backgrouds:
    SPB_Mobile_Shell_Simple_Theme_Backgrounds_Samples-Dx32 (more info)

ENJOY IT

[ edited - 2011-12-21 ]
    1. add more info and instructions.

[ edited - 2011-12-21 ]

ATTENTION:
    Pack was updated to 0.0.4 because i use the wrong "SpbShell_20028b16.reg" sorry bros

[ edited - 2011-12-22 ]
    1. Just to put some color on the thread
    2. some items and a kind of a requests added to the "TO DO" list
    added also some items in the "MORE" list.

[ edited - 2011-12-23 ]
    1. Released v.0.0.5 Update;
    2. Changelog and Downloads List added.

[ edited - 2011-12-24 ]
    1. How To and Translation Topics added.

[ edited - 2011-12-29 ]
    1. Released v.0.0.6 Update;
    2. How To and Instruction Topics edited.

[ edited - 2012-01-05 ]
    1. Added patch by expinox for the saving problem plus 16 extra styles for shortcuts

[ edited - 2012-01-09 ]
    1. Released v.0.0.7 build;

[ edited - 2012-02-13 ]
    1. Released v.0.0.8 build;

[ edited - 2012-05-15 ]
    1. Released first Beta version;

[ edited - 2012-05-27 ]
    1. Released update to v.0.01(1) Beta;

<----- to be updated... ----->
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: [NEW] SPB MobileShell Simple Theme (real thin bar w/ full support for landscape)

For a simple install:

SPB_Mobile_Shell_Simple_Theme_v.0.0.4_Alpha-Dx32.sis

if your phone isn't hacked you should sign it with your own certificate.

enjoy it

and 4 more full screens in landscape mode added

<----- edited - 2011-12-21 ----->

ATTENTION:
    Pack was updated to 0.0.4 because i use the wrong "SpbShell_20028b16.reg" sorry bros
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: [NEW] SPB MobileShell Simple Theme (real thin bar w/ full support for landscape)

Wow great work sure i will try i want something dont eat my ram and simple in the same time can i give icons to put in it coz i am not modder but i have espeical icons i wanted to put in spb?thx again plz modified it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by x85x85
    Wow great work sure i will try i want something dont eat my ram and simple in the same time can i give icons to put in it coz i am not modder but i have espeical icons i wanted to put in spb?thx again plz modified it
    thanks i hope u like it

it's my intention to release a lite version without the 7 extra screens but i don't have time for now and for the next weeks, that's why i released this Alpha version.

about the icons... i can do that but like i said not for now...

my icon files are a little messy (that's one more thing to do before the final version) because i'm modding this theme for so long when i have some free time. I want to remove all the non used icons, bars, buttons, etc. even the original ones in order to have a lighter theme.

but for now...

meanwhile u can upload your files and i will see what i can do. but please do not upload a bunch of icon files pack, just the ones you want and where you want.

thanks again for your reply

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thx for Share m8 +1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Seeing these makes me wanna go back to SPB again

Awesome, mate
    +1.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@papashango1000
    @babu.rajiv2007

Thanks to you too, i really hope that people like it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Good work bro, +1 for ya. Could you plz tell me how you got those pages setup where it says "Application", "Games" and then the applications are listed under that heading?

would you mind sharing your settings file?

thanks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jovi123
    Good work bro, +1 for ya. Could you plz tell me how you got those pages setup where it says "Application", "Games" and then the applications are listed under that heading?

would you mind sharing your settings file?

thanks.
    those pages aren't a new thing, they are just more 7 Lifestyle layouts and the headers are just a battery widgets with text shortcuts to the other categories the thing new here is that u can change between those layouts by scrolling left or right

and you don't need to load the settings, if you install the sis file provided on the second post or even do it manually step by step u will have all those setting when u load it for the first time

if u really want it just because... i can upload it too but i must warn you that loading setting from the MSettings.set file it will not work perfectly. i don't know why but anytime i do it, some shortcuts lose the link.

and thanks for your feedback

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

if possible, plz upload the settings file B)

Page 1 of 32 123 11 ... LastLast