Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 296
  1. #51
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Change the fonts of the 5800 XM!

    I have a question about fonts. Is it possible to ADD fonts? That is for the phone to be able to display chinese/japanese/...and all the other fonts similar to them? (more or less) Or at least one of them, the chinese ones especially.

  2. #52
    mufaddal_km
    Guest

    Default Re: Change the fonts of the 5800 XM!

    Quote Originally Posted by mobiusro
    I have a question about fonts. Is it possible to ADD fonts? That is for the phone to be able to display chinese/japanese/...and all the other fonts similar to them? (more or less) Or at least one of them, the chinese ones especially.
    yes u can ....
    but doing so will also add more problems for your phones

    u see may apps are not meant to use chinese fonts ...so u will see boxes
    alos in your browser u will see boxes

  3. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    297
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Change the fonts of the 5800 XM!

    I was having issues as well with the fonts not showing up so i looked in the the Z: drive and it showed up
    s60sc_c
    s60tchk_c
    s60zdigi

    so i went back to the font folder on the E: drive and renamed 2 of the files to s60sc_c & s60tchk_c and deleted 1 but kept s60zdigi, rebooted and viola! it worked!

  4. #54
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Change the fonts of the 5800 XM!

    Quote Originally Posted by mufaddal_km
    yes u can ....
    but doing so will also add more problems for your phones

    u see may apps are not meant to use chinese fonts ...so u will see boxes
    alos in your browser u will see boxes
    Actually I found a very nice way of doing that. The website for the freeware MDictionary offers the pack to install Chinese fonts. Quite nice.
    http://mdictionary.sourceforge.net/download/6/

  5. #55
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Change the fonts of the 5800 XM!

    doesn't work for chinese firmware, u need .ccc files (renamed ttf files).

    Also, even if the language of the phone is set to english, it uses the english characters of the chinese font. any help?

  6. #56
    mufaddal_km
    Guest

    Default Re: Change the fonts of the 5800 XM!

    install firmware with chinese lang pack

  7. #57
    akue_besh
    Guest

    Default Re: Change the fonts of the 5800 XM!

    5800XM_User....
    u rock man!!!
    your method works like charm 4 me..



  8. #58
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Change the fonts of the 5800 XM!

    Quote Originally Posted by sludgeball
    doesn't work for chinese firmware, u need .ccc files (renamed ttf files).

    Also, even if the language of the phone is set to english, it uses the english characters of the chinese font. any help?
    how to change the font

  9. #59
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Change the fonts of the 5800 XM!

    Quote Originally Posted by mobiusro
    Actually I found a very nice way of doing that. The website for the freeware MDictionary offers the pack to install Chinese fonts. Quite nice.
    http://mdictionary.sourceforge.net/download/6/
    After i install the font , how to change the chinese font??

  10. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,092
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Change the fonts of the 5800 XM!

    I think this is gonna be included in my next set of videos


 
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I need a change log for Nokia 6210 Navigator for v. 4.13
    By radical24 in forum Symbian S60v3 Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-16-2009, 09:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •