Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: OMNIA HD homescreen without flashing the nokia 5800

cannot apply samsung widget.
    followed all steps ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I managed to apply this with no apparent bugs except by two things. First is that the bar at the top where the battery/signal/stuff should be, there's nothing, and the second is that Widgetizer clocks stopped working.

How can I fix this?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkitow
    I managed to apply this with no apparent bugs except by two things. First is that the bar at the top where the battery/signal/stuff should be, there's nothing, and the second is that Widgetizer clocks stopped working.

How can I fix this?
    The signal and battery bar seted by you (gadget.swf) you can choose it form this forum there are a lot files like that and the second problem try reinstall widgetizer and tell me the results

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I tried to flash my phone with the homescreen directly but I killed it so I had to reflash it back to the normal state.

When I tried to reset the homescreen as in this post again, my phone freaked out. The upper part of the screen started to turn on and off and I couldn't use the menus correctly, so I reseted the fw again...

Is it all due to the gadget file I used then?

EDIT: I managed to install it again, and this time it worked... But with another problem. ^^U

I used the gadget.swf and other two files from one of the posts here, and after I noticed it worked... Now I can't open the menu. it ONLY shows the HS, and when I try to open asnything else it blinks again to the homescreen.

I'm starting to get tired of this thing... -_-

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

almost work in satio widgets and packages show in theme menu but the hs dont show dont works.. xD

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Well, this is really weird... Now after a restart the HS works and Widgetizer too.

As I said, I tried the gadget.swf posted here:

Quote Originally Posted by vicky_love
    Thanks mostafa. This worked good, after my Omnia HS crashed (I got it on a CFW) and helped me to fix it.
    +1 to you.

+1 to danele too for referring me to this thread and his tip for copying files by renaming.
    The file "RECSWF.DLL" was stuck, and the rename thingy fixed that.
    One more thing I would like to ask.. I figured it. Using another gadget.swf now.
    In the first post, the screens show a top bar (with battery and signal indicators)

I don't have any top bar on my screen (screensnap attached)
    Is it normal, or have I done something wrong? Now I Have it
    I don't like it too much but I guess it can work, the problem is that I guess I lost the rest of indicators like Bluetooth, internet, unread messages and calls.

Is there a way to make this stuff work "for real" as if I had installed it flashing? I mean, as I understood the idea is that you put in the C/ unit the files and use C2Z to make the machine to get them to work... Can't we put them directly in the Z unit somehow? I know X-Plore can read stuff there, but I don't wanna try yet because I'm tired of flashing back my phone after killing it...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Well, this is really weird... Now after a restart the HS works and Widgetizer too.

As I said, I tried the gadget.swf posted here:

I don't like it too much but I guess it can work, the problem is that I guess I lost the rest of indicators like Bluetooth, internet, unread messages and calls.

Is there a way to make this stuff work "for real" as if I had installed it flashing? I mean, as I understood the idea is that you put in the C/ unit the files and use C2Z to make the machine to get them to work... Can't we put them directly in the Z unit somehow? I know X-Plore can read stuff there, but I don't wanna try yet because I'm tired of flashing back my phone after killing it...
    the z:\ drive is untouchable without flashing. this memory area can only be read. writing to it requires flashing mate.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Well then sh*t for me, because I'm tired of this home screen already.

All my problem comes from the day I installed a RM-428 by mystake in my european phone, and now I gotta wait till is released a new firmware in RM-356 higher version than mine, so I guess I'll forget about modding my phone and enter in passive geek mode till Nokia releases the FW v60.X

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Well then sh*t for me, because I'm tired of this home screen already.

All my problem comes from the day I installed a RM-428 by mystake in my european phone, and now I gotta wait till is released a new firmware in RM-356 higher version than mine, so I guess I'll forget about modding my phone and enter in passive geek mode till Nokia releases the FW v60.X
    dude, what firmware version are you on?

sorry for off topic but i think i can help you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I got the last release for RM-428, I think it's v51.2.007, it's a CFW from a blog called Symbian Latino (I'm spanish). There's the same CFW for both RM's, but the problem is that the v51.X release for RM-356 is a lower version number so if I try to flash normally my phone with it, it's a "downgrade" and my phone goes sh*t and bricks.

This comes simply because when I bought my 5800XM I had no idea about the RM stuff, so when I found the blog and read about the CFWs I just downloaded the first one I saw and flashed it. :/ I stayed in he ignorance till when I tried to flash the Omnia HS in my FW.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast