Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Fixing OmniaHS bugs on 5800 [Question for OmniaHD users - Please answer]

Quote Originally Posted by MOKIA
    no.no
    i worked on Gadget.swf for remove VOLUME BUG but cant fix
    i think this problem is nokia flash player
    then WHY do you think iPhone HS or Blackberry HS or S^3 HS by LILIAN do not have this bug or atleast REDUCED!

See When using original GADGET.swf of Samsung, try to play music in music player and the Volume bug appears everywhere!!
    But when using iphoneHS or other flash based hs by LILIAN... the volume bug appears only on the HOMESCREEn but not on other apps. You can still control the music player volume when on menu or other app but when using the original samsung gadget.swf YOU CAN'T!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Fixing OmniaHS bugs on 5800 [Question for OmniaHD users - Please answer]

Quote Originally Posted by fonix232
    If you mean PNHT, they did not do it. Lilian and me did it, steven just grabbed our files what WE shared, and put it in a firmware then released it.
    Samsung Original Omnia HS do not have OmniaHS ECOM loader, did you notice that?

So you made the ECOM loader?
    Can you clarify this..
    Why did you put these in it?
    "MotionStateSS"
    "MotionEventSSY"
    "LIWBinding"

shadowninty

Quote Originally Posted by system32white
    fonix232 man WTF...so u are creator?! this is so f lame now! why do we give PNHT credit for then...i respect bouth work and side but all this time i think PNHT did it?! why dont u remove that big widgets man?!
    "Poto browser" and "photo contacts"....hahahaha...so this is yours baby?

No its Lillian and Fonix bro, Samsung made the gadget.swf and the loader, they ported it and made it work

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Indeed it does not support the flash content in browser, but it should not crash the whole app!
    it crashes because NOT the the flashlite files in Omnia pack are dependent on many Nokia f/w files. nokia f/w has info on website flash objects but those few files do not... this messes up the system

It is caused by a conflict between Nokia loading and Samsung flash. Can not be solved :S
    The whole Flash of Samsung simply do not work on our f/w and Nokia f/w do not have the info to be run as HS. But it can be solved... Just edit the saflash.exe or the dll files and remove volume key mappings if you can

Not the SWF is too big, but the loaded widgets. They are overhelming RAM
    YES, thats what I meant...

Yes I was looking at them. A few files contains path info, a few does not. Samsung fucked it up kinda good.
    Did you notice that the Samsung flashlite has many missing files that Nokia flashlite has.. if you want I can give you the list

Indeed, Samsung flash was designed to load TouchWiz DLL's too. It is possible to create a lite omnia HS without the TouchWiz crap, but that will not support the original gadget.swf (but will lower the size to approx 25% of original, or less).
    Its very much possible.. if you want... i can share the files.. did it yesterday.. BUT then Gadget.swf cannot load the widgets...!!!
    So the BEST solution is integrate thse widgets as flash files in the gadget.swf (Make a new one)

shadowninty

Quote Originally Posted by Upakul
    So the BEST solution is integrate thse widgets as flash files in the gadget.swf (Make a new one)
    I was thinking somewhat along these lines
    However I think it would be best to keep most of these swf widgets externally, eg E:\Data\Omnia\

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by system32white
    fonix232 man WTF...so u are creator?! this is so f lame now! why do we give PNHT credit for then...i respect bouth work and side but all this time i think PNHT did it?! why dont u remove that big widgets man?!
    "Poto browser" and "photo contacts"....hahahaha...so this is yours baby?
    We did not add ANY widgets to the original HS. It was PORTED, not CODED. DO you get the diff?

Quote Originally Posted by Upakul
    Samsung Original Omnia HS do not have OmniaHS ECOM loader, did you notice that?

So you made the ECOM loader?
    Can you clarify this..
    Why did you put these in it?
    "MotionStateSS"
    "MotionEventSSY"
    "LIWBinding"

If you mean the Basic homescreen from Omnia HD, it does not need ECOM loader as it is a proper implementation of Nokia's XMLUIML homescreen. Just like Contacts bar, the Satio sidebar, Finger use. But Samsung Widgets are different, it could not be written in XMLUIML, that's why it needs an ECOM loader. WidgetIdle.dll is loaded when system starts, it adds itself to the homescreens list (using an overload method, not so proper as XMLUIML, but just like Voda or any Orange HS, it is needed ). I did not made the ECOM loader, just edited it, as it was the main ecom file of samsung (ecom-0-0 and 0-1) it contained duplications of other loaded stuff. That caused the crashes. Just edited the names, replaced a char with any other one, then it can't load as file not found I don't know why I left those in, I guess because without them the HS won't work :S

I was thinking on a separate widget system, maybe a whole rework of the Samsung Widget system, but that requires a lot of knowledge in ActionScript. First of all, create a class what can be dragged, or placed on the sidebar, then make the flash files as entities, first frame is on-bar image (like clock, if you see, it is interactive even on the bar), then secod, etc frames as active widget frames. But as I said, it requires a lot of work. Also, some widgets are based on Samsung DLL files, as they require some access to stuff we normally can't access with flash (contacts, birthdays, gallery, etc). This needs a workaround too. Then comes the virtual keyboard problem. If you noticed, none of the widgets will load up the keyboard, so most of them is useless :S

shadowninty

Actually Fonix, this is completely off-topic but;
    If we removed the useless files from the ECOM(s), would this speed up phone bootup?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowninty
    Actually Fonix, this is completely off-topic but;
    If we removed the useless files from the ECOM(s), would this speed up phone bootup?
    It would, but there are no useless entries in the ECOM loaders
    Only a few program adds itself to it (SPB Shell as an example), others use a public list somewhere else.

shadowninty

It would, but there are no useless entries in the ECOM loaders
    Only a few program adds itself to it (SPB Shell as an example), others use a public list somewhere else.
    I thought SPB Shell used the standard Private\101f875a\ startup list
    Because it doesn't go in HS themes

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowninty
    I thought SPB Shell used the standard Private\101f875a\ startup list
    Because it doesn't go in HS themes
    All I know is, that the beta had some modules in ECOM

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast