Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: [HOW TO] Add Omnia HS TO YOUR OWN CFW to get 9HS on Z! (Credits to PNHT Team)

okay, so gadget.swf goes into E:\

If I want to use Omnia and iphone HS interchangeably (say one week Omnia and the following week Iphone hs), I should remove gadget.swf of This Omnia and replace it with that of Iphone?

Is this correct?

(NOte: I already tried this and it seemed to work if not for the blank white main homescreen. I forgot to put gadget.swf of Omnia in my E:\ I guess that's why)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: [HOW TO] Add Omnia HS TO YOUR OWN CFW to get 9HS on Z! (Credits to PNHT Team)

Quote Originally Posted by thespicdatum
    okay, so gadget.swf goes into E:\

If I want to use Omnia and iphone HS interchangeably (say one week Omnia and the following week Iphone hs), I should remove gadget.swf of This Omnia and replace it with that of Iphone?

Is this correct?

(NOte: I already tried this and it seemed to work if not for the blank white main homescreen. I forgot to put gadget.swf of Omnia in my E:\ I guess that's why)
    gadget.swf is the main graphic interface in the OmniaHS or the IphoneHS, if that file is missing then you will get a white background instead of a flash one... so you must have that file always on E to make work either one or another.

Resuming, if you want to switch them, exchange the gadget's files and reload the HS you prefer at the time. (Consider go to Basic HS first and then to your selection).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sigmma
    gadget.swf is the main graphic interface in the OmniaHS or the IphoneHS, if that file is missing then you will get a white background instead of a flash one... so you must have that file always on E to make work either one or another.

Resuming, if you want to switch them, exchange the gadget's files and reload the HS you prefer at the time. (Consider go to Basic HS first and then to your selection).
    thanks I managed to make it work now (your Omnia HS) with all your help and ecoms as well.

now how do I make it look like this:

I want the top bar like that with signal and battery and network.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thank you very much for providing the customized files!

Unfortunately after flashing the phone the screen flickers and the phone is almost unresponsive. No omnia homescreen is displayed. Do you have any idea why it's this way?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sigmma
    I sincerely doubt you could end in a dead phone, the way i see it you should get at least a blinking phone... So please keep it real. The answer to almost everything is in previous pages if you read all of them and still in trouble ask for help, but please ask for a especific situation not just come here and try (i dont know what you really tried posting something like this, but...) to impress us. What you wrote is what it SHOULD be, we know there will be issues because of lots of differences between CFW's, and we will help you if we know the cause behind it. So if you want to be helped, help yourself first and ask properly.

Regards.
    Actually, I wasn't trying to impress, and I don't see how that could even impress anyone. I was in fact telling you what I've done to see if it was the right method... Not saying you've done it wrong because evidently from everyone elses post you haven't.

Before you judge someone, you could at least have the decency to ask me to explain more... if I haven't already. I would continue this pointless argument, but I feel someone who is trying to ask for help (even if they didn't directly ask for help) could be treated with a little more respect, rather than automatically assuming I was criticising you.

Thanks, but no thanks.

shadowninty

Quote Originally Posted by ewjpo4
    Thank you very much for providing the customized files!

Unfortunately after flashing the phone the screen flickers and the phone is almost unresponsive. No omnia homescreen is displayed. Do you have any idea why it's this way?
    PUT GADGET.SWF IN E:

Everyone READ THIS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowninty
    PUT GADGET.SWF IN E:
    Everyone READ THIS
    Thanks for replying shadow!
    sigmma files in the first post of this thread are the only one actually working on my 5230 phone.
    Thank you very very much for providing such a mod and especially for providing multilanguage support!!! You deserve tons of credit!

Using tha package from PHNT blog bring what follows:
    You spotted half of the issue: Gadget.swf actually IS in E:, however after integrating the PHNT omnia files, replacing the DLL to load swf in E: the file browser CANNOT load swf any more (it says "unable to open file").
    Prior to integrating PHNT omnia files the cooked firmware is perfectly able to load the swf file in E: after being launched from the file browser.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ewjpo4
    Thanks for replying shadow!
    sigmma files in the first post of this thread are the only one actually working on my 5230 phone.
    Thank you very very much for providing such a mod and especially for providing multilanguage support!!! You deserve tons of credit!

Using tha package from PHNT blog bring what follows:
    You spotted half of the issue: Gadget.swf actually IS in E:, however after integrating the PHNT omnia files, replacing the DLL to load swf in E: the file browser CANNOT load swf any more (it says "unable to open file").
    Prior to integrating PHNT omnia files the cooked firmware is perfectly able to load the swf file in E: after being launched from the file browser.
    Im glad it help you. And thanks for your positive comments!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

hi , thank you so much for the files & the explanation
    but i am facing a little problem here : i did what you said & it works fine
    except that i am not getting all 9 HS (only Sumsung Widget )

*fresh installation ( no previous files was added )

plz help

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I added the files to I guess it was a stock rofs2, but rofs3 and UDA were the Xtension 10 Univ. CFW i downloaded from here.

After I flashed all I would get was a blank white screen for maybe 10 seconds then the phone would shut off on it's own, I re-flashed with the same files to double check and I got the same problem.

I re-flashed with Xtension 10 and all is fine now.

I forgot to put a gadget.swf in my E:\ drive, but the phone should have still booted up normally wouldn't it have?

I guess I'll, just wait for the Xtension10 version for RM-428 that has it.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast