Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 123 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Phone Hacking Do-It-Yourself Tutorial

News

There has been a new method developed by CodeRus for hacking any Symbian device without flashing. Head over to This Post for more information.

Phone Hacking Do-It-Yourself Tutorial

Why

The previous guide can now be considered obselete as this meant it required someone like me to still make the hacks for each device. This new guide will focus more on the user creating and implementing his own hack. I'll try to be as visual as possible when doing so, minimizing the need for support from other users.

Procedure

Firmware Files

First off, you'll need your firmware files. This is the key to hacking your device. You'll be using the uda file for hacking your device. This is basically your C:\ drive or your Phone Memory.

There are two good ways to download your firmware files. I will outline them here.

Navifirm+

Navifirm+ is a good application that can easily download firmware files. It is currently integrated in Nokia Cooker, which is the application we will be using to hack our firmware file.

1.Download Nokia Cooker

2. Extract it into its own folder.

3. Run Nokia Cooker.exe

4. Download your firmware files. In order to do this, you need to know the RM model of your device. It's pretty simle. All you have to do is press *#0000# and you'll be taken to the Device Updates screen of your device. The RM model is listed under Type.

Once you know which RM model you have, open Navifirm+

On the first column, type in your RM version. It should be the only one appearing in the first column now.

Releases mean the version of the firmware. Choose the latest.

You will then be presented with a list of product codes and variants. Filter them by typing in your country. You will then need to select one. Any one is fine. The variant mainly determines which languages will be on the device. The coulour in the selection basically is the colour of your device. This will determine the default theme it'll have. Choose one.

Now click on Mark All and then Download from FiRe. Save the files to a folder somewhere in your computer.

Hacking Files

Download the hack. The hack itself is a tiny application called installserver.exe. This little Symbian application is the one that allows or disallows any application to be installed in our devices. Basically, someone has circumvented the application's certificate checking requirements and it allows the installation of any application into our device.

First, you need to determine which version of the Symbian Operating System you are running. A very painless way of doing this is via checking via the Forum Nokia Devices website.

Once you're there, all you have to do is search for your device.

Once you're in your device's page, you need one piece of information which will determine which hack you'll be downloading, the Developer Platform, which is the first one on the list.

Download the appropriate hack for your Operating System.

S60 5th Edition - Download Link
    S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 2 - Download Link
    S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 1 - Download Link

Extract the file.

Integrating The Hack

1. Close Navifirm+ if you have it open. Make sure you've completed downloading all your firmware files first.

2. Open your uda file. In reality, the uda file is almost always very easy to spot as it has the .uda file extension. However, in some cases it ends in a .uXX, the X representing a digit. Make sure that in the "Files of type" field, you select "All files", just as shown on the screenshot.

3. Copy the Sys folder that you extracted (Hacking Files) to Nokia Cooker by dragging and dropping it there.

[img width=800 height=180]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_jnfadBbV3iE/TTF4qu9SuII/AAAAAAAAAaQ/51Ktztu6faY/dragdrop.JPG[/img]

4. Verify that the installserver.exe has been placed in the correct folder. Navigate to sys\bin in your firmware and find installserver.exe. If you've found it, click save.

Flashing

There are already quite a few guides on flashing. I don't need to make new ones. Here's the short version of it. If I have spare time on my hands. I guess I'll be making my own versions of them too. Basically, you have to now flash your device with the firmware files you've just hacked.

Does your phone utilize USB charging? If yes, use Phoenix. If no, use JAF.

JAF

Tutorial Link

Phoenix

Tutorial Link

F.A.Q.

Why are you using the uda? Why not the ROFS so that the hack is permanent?
    The uda file is editable in almost if not all devices. This makes the guide easier for all users. Also, if you know this fact, you already must know a bit of how to hack it. So you probably don't need this guide.

Another reason is that if users are scared of bricking their devices, a uda file is much safer than editing the ROFS, thus making it a better choice for novice users. All they have to do is do the "three finger hard reset method" and they're good to go.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Phone Hacking Request Thread

good job bro but rompatch autostart need to reinstall rompatch plus again for only uda

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by chandarakk
    good job bro but rompatch autostart need to reinstall rompatch plus again for only uda
    Is this the normal rom patcher 2.3 or the lite version? Or a different version? I have not tried this personally so I wouldn't know.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

yes i already try work well with rompatcher 2.3 i test many phone for uda

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I would like to request hack:
    Phone Model Nokia 5230
    RM Version RM 588
    Software Version V20.0.005

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Xlife18
    I would like to request hack:
    Phone Model Nokia 5230
    RM Version RM 588
    Software Version V20.0.005
    First post updated mate. Cheers. My first request in a long time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

umm.. OK thank you very much but i just went to software update site of nokia and saw that a newer firmware is available that is v20.6.7 so its a bit odd but i would like to again request hack one more time for the latest firmware. i hope you will provide it asap as well

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

My request for hack:
    Phone Model Nokia 5530
    RM Version RM 504
    Software Version V30.0.009

Cheers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by reign
    My request for hack:
    Phone Model Nokia 5530
    RM Version RM 504
    Software Version V30.0.009

Cheers
    first post updated mate. you may have to rename the file to suit your firmware though.

cheers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

this screen i get all the time please solve this problem

Page 1 of 123 1231151101 ... LastLast