Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 98 of 123 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
Results 971 to 980 of 1224
  1. #971
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Phone Hacking Do-It-Yourself Tutorial

    Ahoy.
    for Nokia 5800 XM RM-356
    there is no FW higher than V40 on Phone Code: 0575953 [South Africa]
    Using NaviFirm+ I chose United Kingdom GB Free Navi V5 Blue Sport Tracke - M (0579934)..... there are 3 in the list all tiltled the same but with different files to download? I tried the third one it failed to download. "Unhandled exception in the application etc"
    so I tried the first one, It downloaded fine.

    I chose United Kingdom based on language support alone...
    Question really is: This FW is for the Navigator version of the 5800 not the XM version
    will that be a problem? Which FW will be the closest to my Region SA, with English etc and my phone Model? any of them?

    Regards

  2. #972
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    55
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Phone Hacking Do-It-Yourself Tutorial

    Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    okay, you're flash files are correct, when you press the power button for half a second, when "Searching for phone" appears, do you hear a usb inserted sound?
    when i connect phone i hear usb connected and then disconnected sound. after that white screen appears and again usb connected sound and mass storage icon on taskbar. nothing happens if i short press power button

  3. #973
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,977
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Phone Hacking Do-It-Yourself Tutorial

    Quote Originally Posted by telfred
    Ahoy.
    for Nokia 5800 XM RM-356
    there is no FW higher than V40 on Phone Code: 0575953 [South Africa]
    Using NaviFirm+ I chose United Kingdom GB Free Navi V5 Blue Sport Tracke - M (0579934)..... there are 3 in the list all tiltled the same but with different files to download? I tried the third one it failed to download. "Unhandled exception in the application etc"
    so I tried the first one, It downloaded fine.

    I chose United Kingdom based on language support alone...
    Question really is: This FW is for the Navigator version of the 5800 not the XM version
    will that be a problem? Which FW will be the closest to my Region SA, with English etc and my phone Model? any of them?

    Regards
    any would do fine. if you're experiencing problems with navifirm, you can download your firmware files from btusers

    http://btusers.com.ar/nan/nokia/

    Quote Originally Posted by anupupadhye13
    when i connect phone i hear usb connected and then disconnected sound. after that white screen appears and again usb connected sound and mass storage icon on taskbar. nothing happens if i short press power button
    does your phone have usb charging?

  4. #974
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    55
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Phone Hacking Do-It-Yourself Tutorial

    does your phone have usb charging?
    yes yes has usb charging

  5. #975
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,977
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Phone Hacking Do-It-Yourself Tutorial

    Quote Originally Posted by anupupadhye13
    yes yes has usb charging
    oh that's why.

    here's what i want you to do.

    do everything the way you do it except already plug the device in the usb and remove the battery.

    when it says "searching for phone", insert the battery and it'll start flashing without you having to press anything.

    let me know how it goes mate.

  6. #976
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    55
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Phone Hacking Do-It-Yourself Tutorial

    Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    oh that's why.

    here's what i want you to do.

    do everything the way you do it except already plug the device in the usb and remove the battery.

    when it says "searching for phone", insert the battery and it'll start flashing without you having to press anything.

    let me know how it goes mate.
    PRESS POWER ON NOW! (battery inserted)
    Searching for phone...Found
    Error reading phone init data...
    select normal mode or not??

  7. #977
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,977
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Phone Hacking Do-It-Yourself Tutorial

    Quote Originally Posted by anupupadhye13
    PRESS POWER ON NOW! (battery inserted)
    Searching for phone...Found
    Error reading phone init data...
    select normal mode or not??
    it needs to be ticked. i'm thinking this is one of those devices that can't be flashed by jaf. try and try again and again. if you still fail, i'd consider flashing it with phoenix.

  8. #978
    Senior Member thowed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,152
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Phone Hacking Do-It-Yourself Tutorial

    Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    it needs to be ticked. i'm thinking this is one of those devices that can't be flashed by jaf. try and try again and again. if you still fail, i'd consider flashing it with phoenix.
    i think some of the driver doesnt install properly mate, if mine geting that error only need install NSU and wait until pc suite really detect my phone and done, problem solved...why he looks like so hard to solve that :s
    rather not to say

  9. #979
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,977
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Phone Hacking Do-It-Yourself Tutorial

    Quote Originally Posted by thowed
    i think some of the driver doesnt install properly mate, if mine geting that error only need install NSU and wait until pc suite really detect my phone and done, problem solved...why he looks like so hard to solve that :s
    if it's an error reading init error then it's most likely that jaf cannot flash it. i went with phoenix on this case in my old e52 and it worked perfectly.

  10. #980
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    55
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Phone Hacking Do-It-Yourself Tutorial

    Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    if it's an error reading init error then it's most likely that jaf cannot flash it. i went with phoenix on this case in my old e52 and it worked perfectly.
    its not happening with jaf mate.. with phoenix i have to do same thing with removing the battery. right?


 
Page 98 of 123 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [GUIDE] Flashing your phone with a CFW (Full Video and Text tutorial)
    By Upakul in forum Symbian S60V5 Custom Firmware / Cooking - Discussion
    Replies: 1053
    Last Post: 08-10-2013, 08:15 AM
  2. fixing homescreen issue without hacking my phone??
    By mistafeesh in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-10-2010, 05:57 PM
  3. Ovi Maps on vivaz and satio without hacking the phone
    By sarojsuranga in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2010, 04:08 PM
  4. risk regarding phone hacking
    By daljeetsahota in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-31-2009, 11:04 PM
  5. [TUTORIAL] Flashing your SE phone with A2uploader
    By vegetaleb in forum Other Phones
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 10:45 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •