Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Request to modders: Possible solution for 5800 fuzzy LCD screen

To those who understand how to control the 5800 lcd light...

Most of us has suffered the LCD defect on some of the released 5800, wherein the LCD screen gets all fuzzy whenever the phone is in a cold room temperature. I flashed my phone with custom firmwares, and used the 'LCD always on' patch in ROM patcher as a temporary solution to my LCD problem (the blurred screen only happens after your LCD light goes off in a cold room temperature). But of course, we all know that this eats up a lot of your battery energy.

So I thought, if only there's a way wherein when we lock the phone, or when it's on standby mode, the LCD screen will only get dimmed, for example, 20% screen brightness only, instead of having the LCD turned off totally, then it would have been a good work around for fuzzy screens.

I hope somebody can work on this, or at least if you have ideas, post it here please so those who may know can get clues from it, and work together to achieve this concept... thanks guys!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Request to modders: Possible solution for 5800 fuzzy LCD screen

Very interesting choice of text color it's quite similar to my wifes lipstick

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

and how should your offtopic posting help him?

@threadstarter: have you flashed a cfw with v50? others and me too had got the lcd-prob but with the v50 it is gone

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Yes I did. Actually, before I used any of the Custom Firmwares, I updated to v50. the LCD screen problem was minimized, doesnt bug me as much as before, and after I flashed my phone to a custom firmware.... and thanks for the reply...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by shino82
    and how should your offtopic posting help him?

@threadstarter: have you flashed a cfw with v50? others and me too had got the lcd-prob but with the v50 it is gone
    What makes you think I came in here to help him? Off topic or not I made my point and thats whats known as free speech, god bless democracy , If I really wanted to help him I might have suggested he takes his knackered 5800 back to Nokia to get the LCD screen replaced, thats a better solution than F*&^ing around with software solutions as a temporary fix.

By the way, (Off topic again, wrist slapped) Never start a sentence with the word 'and'. It's not correct.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Free speech.. yes, everyone's entitled to it. Anyway, for all the viewer's knowledge, I already sent my phone to nokia center, twice... the lcd replacement worked for around three months for the first time I sent my phone to them, then around eight months. My phone's out of warranty service. So I hope that enlightens your bean-head.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kongming0gn
    Yes I did. Actually, before I used any of the Custom Firmwares, I updated to v50. the LCD screen problem was minimized, doesnt bug me as much as before, and after I flashed my phone to a custom firmware.... and thanks for the reply...
    Maybe it's phone's problem. Try to contact Nokia Care. It's the least (and the maximum...) I can do...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Put LCD ON patch and go to settings>phone>display>light sensor to minimum...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bean
    Very interesting choice of text color it's quite similar to my wifes lipstick
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bean
    What makes you think I came in here to help him? Off topic or not I made my point and thats whats known as free speech, god bless democracy , If I really wanted to help him I might have suggested he takes his knackered 5800 back to Nokia to get the LCD screen replaced, thats a better solution than F*&^ing around with software solutions as a temporary fix.

By the way, (Off topic again, wrist slapped) Never start a sentence with the word 'and'. It's not correct.
    Stop being so offtopic... if you want post anything helpful for that guy who is facing the problem... then its OK... otherwise its better not to post anything
    You may be enjoying your Democracy but this is a moderated forum..... I think you got it bro

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Upakul
    Put LCD ON patch and go to settings>phone>display>light sensor to minimum...
    Thanks.. this worked actually, not much consumption on battery. But when I take a call (in a cold room temperature, again) the screen goes off, then afterwards, it all gets fuzzy after the call...

Thanks guys...

NOTE: Hey, Upakul, aren't you the one who did the XTE Blaze II? I'm using it.. and it soooo cool!!! thanks...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast