Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    363
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Just an Idea... Extra RAM... If it's possible....

    Just a lil info ,we did it we already extended the ram me and bronx boy , the app called pimp juice the latest version is v18 35tt on d

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    197
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Just an Idea... Extra RAM... If it's possible....

    You cannot extend what is not there. RAM is RAM and the amount you have is finite. You can mess around with settings and tune caching etc.... but you cannot increase the amount of RAM you have, there are always trade offs in one area or another. Just tune your phone and shut down apps that are not in use.

    My ohone ticks over with around 49meg RAm with music player, contacts and messaging running.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    363
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Just an Idea... Extra RAM... If it's possible....

    Quote Originally Posted by LordTakyon
    You cannot extend what is not there. RAM is RAM and the amount you have is finite. You can mess around with settings and tune caching etc.... but you cannot increase the amount of RAM you have, there are always trade offs in one area or another. Just tune your phone and shut down apps that are not in use.

    My ohone ticks over with around 49meg RAm with music player, contacts and messaging running.
    I have nokia n97 and i have 64mb free ram after restart ! what are you talking about .

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Just an Idea... Extra RAM... If it's possible....

    Quote Originally Posted by Skanob
    what's that software that can work on computers?
    for computers its paging files knwn as virtual ram
    for phones i think its not possible

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,587
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Just an Idea... Extra RAM... If it's possible....

    Quote Originally Posted by dist4rbed
    I have nokia n97 and i have 64mb free ram after restart ! what are you talking about .

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    275
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Just an Idea... Extra RAM... If it's possible....

    Quote Originally Posted by dist4rbed
    I have nokia n97 and i have 64mb free ram after restart ! what are you talking about .
    you can´t have to much ram

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    629
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Just an Idea... Extra RAM... If it's possible....

    Can,can... :P

    N97 mini after restart:




  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    725
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Just an Idea... Extra RAM... If it's possible....

    so why do you guys want readyboost like thing for S^1 phones?
    well, I myself, am getting 72MB free ram on boot and 75MB after restart on X6 OFW v30. with the help of Jbak here. but, nokia could add it in a future SW update.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    146
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Just an Idea... Extra RAM... If it's possible....

    Quote Originally Posted by uzernamezz
    so why do you guys want readyboost like thing for S^1 phones?
    well, I myself, am getting 72MB free ram on boot and 75MB after restart on X6 OFW v30. with the help of Jbak here. but, nokia could add it in a future SW update.
    how?75 mb in x6 aftr restart?i've got only 60 mb!!!!!!!!

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    725
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Just an Idea... Extra RAM... If it's possible....

    Quote Originally Posted by shivam13
    how?75 mb in x6 aftr restart?i've got only 60 mb!!!!!!!!
    Jbak, and some mods that lessen RAM usage and a dark, all black theme.


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Applications & Game idea's you want created. ADD YOUR IDEA'S HERE
    By manik-producer in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 06:55 AM
  2. Extra Images/Avatars for Contacts Bar
    By Kegeb45 in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-28-2010, 08:19 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 09:33 AM
  4. Review: Nokia Extra Power DC-11
    By phattrance in forum Blog Posts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2010, 02:56 PM
  5. Extra-terrestrial SMS greeting sent from Australia
    By Mr Bean in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-21-2009, 06:04 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •