Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 394
  1. #381
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    844
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Porting Vivaz and Symbian^3 Homescreen News July 22 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by shadowninty
    To be honest, I think if Fonix has a chat with him he'll release it.
    I know he is trying to add safety features but AFAIK they are ready now
    I know the original plan was to release his new Firmware Editor with the N97 on 5800 CFW, however unexpected camera problems have halted this.
    I personally believe that if Core Editing was released, the crowd over at Symbian Foundation might find it easier to port the S^4 HS, and also non PNHT members could help fix the Camera Problem

    It wouldn't be easier to port the S^3 or S^4 HS. I don't know why people think this - currently it would work as a separate application, and HS implementation would just come after it.

    Camera problem isn't the cause of no-release - but I would like to talk private about this currently.

  2. #382
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,404
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Porting Vivaz and Symbian^3 Homescreen News July 22 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by fonix232

    It wouldn't be easier to port the S^3 or S^4 HS. I don't know why people think this - currently it would work as a separate application, and HS implementation would just come after it.

    Camera problem isn't the cause of no-release - but I would like to talk private about this currently.
    is the s^3/s^4 h.s will come as a separate application or the n97'h.s...and when??

  3. #383
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    844
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Porting Vivaz and Symbian^3 Homescreen News July 22 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by omar_killer
    is the s^3/s^4 h.s will come as a separate application or the n97'h.s...and when??
    the S^4 HS will come as a separate application, as it is Qt based. The S^3 HS (if it will be finished) will come first as an application, then as a standard HS.

    About when, we do not have any concrete information.

  4. #384
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,144
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Porting Vivaz and Symbian^3 Homescreen News July 22 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by fonix232
    the S^4 HS will come as a separate application, as it is Qt based. The S^3 HS (if it will be finished) will come first as an application, then as a standard HS.

    About when, we do not have any concrete information.
    i dont think it will be good if its come as a application..

  5. #385
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,977
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Porting Vivaz and Symbian^3 Homescreen News July 22 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by zavenfoizon
    i dont think it will be good if its come as a application..
    it is actually better if it is in an installer package. it can be used by more people.

    it is much easier to extract an already working sis package to place in a custom firmware rather than creating an installer package from a bunch of files that may or may not work.

  6. #386
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,144
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Porting Vivaz and Symbian^3 Homescreen News July 22 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by shadowninty
    To be honest, I think if Fonix has a chat with him he'll release it.
    I know he is trying to add safety features but AFAIK they are ready now
    I know the original plan was to release his new Firmware Editor with the N97 on 5800 CFW, however unexpected camera problems have halted this.
    I personally believe that if Core Editing was released, the crowd over at Symbian Foundation might find it easier to port the S^4 HS, and also non PNHT members could help fix the Camera Problem
    i complete agree with u shadow.

  7. #387
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,144
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Porting Vivaz and Symbian^3 Homescreen News July 22 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    it is actually better if it is in an installer package. it can be used by more people.

    it is much easier to extract an already working sis package to place in a custom firmware rather than creating an installer package from a bunch of files that may or may not work.
    that is also correct..

  8. #388
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    222
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Porting Vivaz and Symbian^3 Homescreen News July 22 2010

    any news guys?

  9. #389
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    622
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Porting Vivaz and Symbian^3 Homescreen News July 22 2010

    Hello whats the progress of project ..

  10. #390
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,977
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Porting Vivaz and Symbian^3 Homescreen News July 22 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirx64
    Hello whats the progress of project ..
    dead end. we need some stuff from nokia which they won't release for free.


 
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Porting from Symbian UIQ3
    By Alle46 in forum Symbian S60V5 Modding
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-24-2010, 10:30 AM
  2. porting symbian^3 music player to 5800
    By sanchitgrover in forum Symbian S60V5 Modding
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 02:17 PM
  3. Sony Ericsson Vivaz joins the Symbian S60 family
    By phattrance in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 12:26 AM
  4. Guide: 5800XM Homescreen and tweaks (24-1-2010)
    By random_nokia_hero in forum Symbian S60V5 Modding
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 07:58 PM
  5. Resco News for Symbian Series 60
    By Adam Downing in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-07-2009, 06:21 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •