Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Porting Vivaz and Symbian^3 Homescreen News May 20 2010

Quote Originally Posted by boyriot
    looking for this dude?
    thanks buddy! +1

Quote Originally Posted by MR-X
    Then which phone using Symbian^2? 5800 and 5530 are Symbian^1?
    So what do you mean by partially running?
    Symbian^2 was discontinued. Yes, the 5800, N97, 5530 are Symbian^1, however, some components from Symbian^2 were backported to the N97, like the homescreen.

Edit : some components of the homescreen are not working on the emulator.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    thanks buddy! +1

Symbian^2 was discontinued. Yes, the 5800, N97, 5530 are Symbian^1, however, some components from Symbian^2 were backported to the N97, like the homescreen.

Edit : some components of the homescreen are not working on the emulator.
    that mean there are no phone using true Symbian^2 now? Maybe those component will work in the phone? I don't know, but i think that must be something different between the emulator and phone

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

that mean there are no phone using true Symbian^2 now? Maybe those component will work in the phone? I don't know, but i think that must be something different between the emulator and phone
    yes, the first phone with an updated Symbian^3 will be the N8, which is unreleased until the third quarter of this year.

it must be first tested in the emulator, the emulator is basically the same thing as the phone, except it's an emulator. whatever happens in the emulator will happen to the phone.

also, fonix232 has the know-how to flash cfws, he would have tried it already if it's working.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

yes, the first phone with an updated Symbian^3 will be the N8, which is unreleased until the third quarter of this year.

it must be first tested in the emulator, the emulator is basically the same thing as the phone, except it's an emulator. whatever happens in the emulator will happen to the phone.

also, fonix232 has the know-how to flash cfws, he would have tried it already if it's working.
    I had heard about the N8, but with those hardware, i sure i can't afford it because i'm still a student! Even a 5800, that's why i go for this phone! Damn regret! So now how many percentage of this project had been done?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I had heard about the N8, but with those hardware, i sure i can't afford it because i'm still a student! Even a 5800, that's why i go for this phone! Damn regret! So now how many percentage of this project had been done?
    me too :P can't afford it too. i'd say it's about 40% completed, as they still have to work out bugs, then have to find a way to distribute it, either integration or a stand alone application.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

me too :P can't afford it too. i'd say it's about 40% completed, as they still have to work out bugs, then have to find a way to distribute it, either integration or a stand alone application.
    Hehe, no matter how long the time they need to complete the project, i can wait it too! As long as this project will release...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Wow, how this can be done as soon as possible! Symbian^2 is N97? As i know, Symbian^3 HS can slide up to 3 pages
    Actually it can have infinite. But the bottom indicator limits it to 6.

They have been working at it for a while now. We still need to wait for errors and bugs to be fixed in the emulator before we start working on integrating it as a stand alone app or an update or of course, everyone's favorite, within a custom firmware.

From my point of view, once the emulator build works, all we need are the project files and we can already cook it.
    No you can't. Emulator build is done, but it is in Windows win32 binary format, not S60v3/v5 ARMV5 or GCCE build. What means it can not be flashed.
    Also, ARMV5 build finds a lot of problems, so we have to solve them first.

N97 has some parts of Symbian^2 backported to Symbian^1, one of the things being the homescreen.
    Do you know what are you talking about? I had enough of people talking about N97 is being S^1 (S60v5). It IS Symbian^2, not a backport. But after release, Nokia saw it did not bring the needed success, they moved onto S^3.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by fonix232

No you can't. Emulator build is done, but it is in Windows win32 binary format, not S60v3/v5 ARMV5 or GCCE build. What means it can not be flashed.

Do you know what are you talking about? I had enough of people talking about N97 is being S^1 (S60v5). It IS Symbian^2, not a backport. But after release, Nokia saw it did not bring the needed success, they moved onto S^3.
    Wow! Man, you know a lot details about Symbian!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I really appreciate a lot the works done by fonix and others trying to backport symbian^3 HS to nokia 5800...

I hv been waiting for it since ages...hope will see my 5800 with symbian^3 HS someday....

cheers to all you fr ur hardwork...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by fonix232

No, I don't, I simply assumed. Thanks for letting me know. I sort of got confused and mislead by some people.

Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast