Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 394
  1. #221
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,977
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Porting Vivaz and Symbian^3 Homescreen News May 20 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by boyriot
    looking for this dude?
    thanks buddy! +1

    Quote Originally Posted by MR-X
    Then which phone using Symbian^2? 5800 and 5530 are Symbian^1?
    So what do you mean by partially running?
    Symbian^2 was discontinued. Yes, the 5800, N97, 5530 are Symbian^1, however, some components from Symbian^2 were backported to the N97, like the homescreen.

    Edit : some components of the homescreen are not working on the emulator.

  2. #222
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,608
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Porting Vivaz and Symbian^3 Homescreen News May 20 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    thanks buddy! +1

    Symbian^2 was discontinued. Yes, the 5800, N97, 5530 are Symbian^1, however, some components from Symbian^2 were backported to the N97, like the homescreen.

    Edit : some components of the homescreen are not working on the emulator.
    that mean there are no phone using true Symbian^2 now? Maybe those component will work in the phone? I don't know, but i think that must be something different between the emulator and phone

  3. #223
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,977
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Porting Vivaz and Symbian^3 Homescreen News May 20 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by MR-X
    that mean there are no phone using true Symbian^2 now? Maybe those component will work in the phone? I don't know, but i think that must be something different between the emulator and phone
    yes, the first phone with an updated Symbian^3 will be the N8, which is unreleased until the third quarter of this year.

    it must be first tested in the emulator, the emulator is basically the same thing as the phone, except it's an emulator. whatever happens in the emulator will happen to the phone.

    also, fonix232 has the know-how to flash cfws, he would have tried it already if it's working.

  4. #224
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,608
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Porting Vivaz and Symbian^3 Homescreen News May 20 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    yes, the first phone with an updated Symbian^3 will be the N8, which is unreleased until the third quarter of this year.

    it must be first tested in the emulator, the emulator is basically the same thing as the phone, except it's an emulator. whatever happens in the emulator will happen to the phone.

    also, fonix232 has the know-how to flash cfws, he would have tried it already if it's working.
    I had heard about the N8, but with those hardware, i sure i can't afford it because i'm still a student! Even a 5800, that's why i go for this phone! Damn regret! So now how many percentage of this project had been done?

  5. #225
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,977
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Porting Vivaz and Symbian^3 Homescreen News May 20 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by MR-X
    I had heard about the N8, but with those hardware, i sure i can't afford it because i'm still a student! Even a 5800, that's why i go for this phone! Damn regret! So now how many percentage of this project had been done?
    me too :P can't afford it too. i'd say it's about 40% completed, as they still have to work out bugs, then have to find a way to distribute it, either integration or a stand alone application.

  6. #226
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,608
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Porting Vivaz and Symbian^3 Homescreen News May 20 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    me too :P can't afford it too. i'd say it's about 40% completed, as they still have to work out bugs, then have to find a way to distribute it, either integration or a stand alone application.
    Hehe, no matter how long the time they need to complete the project, i can wait it too! As long as this project will release...

  7. #227
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    844
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Porting Vivaz and Symbian^3 Homescreen News May 20 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by MR-X
    Wow, how this can be done as soon as possible! Symbian^2 is N97? As i know, Symbian^3 HS can slide up to 3 pages
    Actually it can have infinite. But the bottom indicator limits it to 6.

    Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    They have been working at it for a while now. We still need to wait for errors and bugs to be fixed in the emulator before we start working on integrating it as a stand alone app or an update or of course, everyone's favorite, within a custom firmware.

    From my point of view, once the emulator build works, all we need are the project files and we can already cook it.
    No you can't. Emulator build is done, but it is in Windows win32 binary format, not S60v3/v5 ARMV5 or GCCE build. What means it can not be flashed.
    Also, ARMV5 build finds a lot of problems, so we have to solve them first.

    N97 has some parts of Symbian^2 backported to Symbian^1, one of the things being the homescreen.
    Do you know what are you talking about? I had enough of people talking about N97 is being S^1 (S60v5). It IS Symbian^2, not a backport. But after release, Nokia saw it did not bring the needed success, they moved onto S^3.

  8. #228
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,608
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Porting Vivaz and Symbian^3 Homescreen News May 20 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by fonix232
    Actually it can have infinite. But the bottom indicator limits it to 6.

    No you can't. Emulator build is done, but it is in Windows win32 binary format, not S60v3/v5 ARMV5 or GCCE build. What means it can not be flashed.
    Also, ARMV5 build finds a lot of problems, so we have to solve them first.

    Do you know what are you talking about? I had enough of people talking about N97 is being S^1 (S60v5). It IS Symbian^2, not a backport. But after release, Nokia saw it did not bring the needed success, they moved onto S^3.
    Wow! Man, you know a lot details about Symbian!

  9. #229
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Porting Vivaz and Symbian^3 Homescreen News May 20 2010

    I really appreciate a lot the works done by fonix and others trying to backport symbian^3 HS to nokia 5800...

    I hv been waiting for it since ages...hope will see my 5800 with symbian^3 HS someday....

    cheers to all you fr ur hardwork...

  10. #230
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,977
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Porting Vivaz and Symbian^3 Homescreen News May 20 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by fonix232
    Actually it can have infinite. But the bottom indicator limits it to 6.

    No you can't. Emulator build is done, but it is in Windows win32 binary format, not S60v3/v5 ARMV5 or GCCE build. What means it can not be flashed.
    Also, ARMV5 build finds a lot of problems, so we have to solve them first.

    Do you know what are you talking about? I had enough of people talking about N97 is being S^1 (S60v5). It IS Symbian^2, not a backport. But after release, Nokia saw it did not bring the needed success, they moved onto S^3.
    No, I don't, I simply assumed. Thanks for letting me know. I sort of got confused and mislead by some people.


 
Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Porting from Symbian UIQ3
    By Alle46 in forum Symbian S60V5 Modding
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-24-2010, 10:30 AM
  2. porting symbian^3 music player to 5800
    By sanchitgrover in forum Symbian S60V5 Modding
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 02:17 PM
  3. Sony Ericsson Vivaz joins the Symbian S60 family
    By phattrance in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 12:26 AM
  4. Guide: 5800XM Homescreen and tweaks (24-1-2010)
    By random_nokia_hero in forum Symbian S60V5 Modding
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 07:58 PM
  5. Resco News for Symbian Series 60
    By Adam Downing in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-07-2009, 06:21 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •