Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Porting Vivaz and Symbian^3 Homescreen News May 8 2010

Fonix .. don't waste your time by replying to stupid questions like this.
    IGNORE THEM.

cmorlok and jake doing very good job for 5800 users and we will soon get a S^3 hs.

Now i have one question to ask..Why now steven still trying to port n97 firmware to 5800 just for HS.
    When s^3 hs is soon will release and will be useful without changing fw.

So STEVEN why not do some work on this project and save time on this.

Why some will want n97 when there is no difference between n97 and 5800 fw except hs. S^3 hs is way better then n97 so it would make no sense to go to n97 fw..It will be risky.. no updates ,no back porting and bugs to face..

Or i am missing something there? Will it be useful to go to n97 fw ? Please fonix answer me..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by azzammalik
    Fonix .. don't waste your time by replying to stupid questions like this.
    IGNORE THEM.

cmorlok and jake doing very good job for 5800 users and we will soon get a S^3 hs.

Now i have one question to ask..Why now steven still trying to port n97 firmware to 5800 just for HS.
    When s^3 hs is soon will release and will be useful without changing fw.

So STEVEN why not do some work on this project and save time on this.

Why some will want n97 when there is no difference between n97 and 5800 fw except hs. S^3 hs is way better then n97 so it would make no sense to go to n97 fw..It will be risky.. no updates ,no back porting and bugs to face..

Or i am missing something there? Will it be useful to go to n97 fw ? Please fonix answer me..

i was thinking the same thing myself, i think as far as achieving a functional HS, it's true that the S^3 HS is better than the N97 one. so practically speaking, this product has a lot more "value" than trying to run N97 fw on the 5800.

but academically speaking, it's quite an achievement that they're managing to run the N97 OS on a 5800 at all, and other features of the N97 may be ported over to the 5800 in future because of what they learn while doing this.

as far as i'm concerned (especially as an i8910 user) this project is a lot more interesting than the N97 one, i can't deny that it's kinda cool to run the firmware of one phone on another device

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

but academically speaking, it's quite an achievement that they're managing to run the N97 OS on a 5800.
    as far as i'm concerned this project is a lot more interesting than the N97 one.

i agree with this, and if u ask me Symbian^3 Homescreen is beater then N97

check movie in youtube... theres some more movies...i cant find one with that three pages but look sweet

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by brrip

but academically speaking, it's quite an achievement that they're managing to run the N97 OS on a 5800 at all, and other features of the N97 may be ported over to the 5800 in future because of what they learn while doing this.

as far as i'm concerned (especially as an i8910 user) this project is a lot more interesting than the N97 one.
    Yeah i appreciate the work of Steven and other modders who are doing job for us.And it will be quite an achievement if they port ( they will ) complete n97 firmware to 5800.

But this project ( s^3 ) is bit more valuable project then n97 one.Because there are no risk.And best of two.

If i am not wrong it could be achievable by CFW?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Yeah i appreciate the work of Steven and other modders who are doing job for us.And it will be quite an achievement if they port ( they will ) complete n97 firmware to 5800.

But this project ( s^3 ) is bit more valuable project then n97 one.Because there are no risk.And best of two.

If i am not wrong it could be achievable by CFW?
    right now, they were successful in compiling it in the s60v5 emulator. they are working out the bugs. after that will try it on a device but their main goal is to "upgrade" the current homescreen to the symbian^3 homescreen. They'd like to have a sis installer in the end. Also, they are supported by the Symbian Foundation Staff regarding their project.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    right now, they were successful in compiling it in the s60v5 emulator. they are working out the bugs. after that will try it on a device but their main goal is to "upgrade" the current homescreen to the symbian^3 homescreen. They'd like to have a sis installer in the end. Also, they are supported by the Symbian Foundation Staff regarding their project.
    as one of the employees of symbian said on the forum, this project is equally important to them as it is to us, if not more. it's been quite a while since symbian's gone open source but this is kind of the first project to actually tap on the open source capabilities. they need to make this work simply so that it'll start changing perceptions about symbian.

and i think their final aim is to replace the current HS altogether

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

It will be quite amazing day for 5800 users to taste symbian ^3 HS on their devices.

But i have few more question to ask.

When they will finally release a final product (same as s^3) HS for 5800.
    So how widgets will work ? 5800 apps doesn't support widgets..And how can we get widgets for applications ? Is their a way for it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

It will be quite amazing day for 5800 users to taste symbian ^3 HS on their devices.

But i have few more question to ask.

When they will finally release a final product (same as s^3) HS for 5800.
    So how widgets will work ? 5800 apps doesn't support widgets..And how can we get widgets for applications ? Is their a way for it?
    your first question, it is undetermined. I'm not really sure about your second question but I'm assuming it will deliver it in the same manner as the n97.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

But n97 scenario is different imo.
    N97 has officially widgitized hs..And thus why apps support widget ability.

But this is project by open source and i am afraid that any company will release widgets for 5800 until it will be officially released by nokia through firmware.

That's my main concern right now.Becuase i know HS will be deliver soon enough.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

yea, here some good news! good job!

Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast