Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Many questions about HOW TO's ... 5800XM (HS Shortcuts and other stuff)

Hey fellow modders,

I have a few questions to finally get my CFW designed according to my needs. I hope u can help me, any answered question is a +1 =)

1. How to change the shortcuts (which app they open) on the HS? Please NO other HS or anything, just name the *.txt file and the key.

[SOLVED] 2. Is it possible to get 6 (instead of 4) shortcuts on the HS... again without any other HS? I want to keep the orig. one.

[SOLVED] 3. How to set Shortcuts HS Theme as default? (4 Shortcuts on Top + Dialer & Contacts ICON on bottom)

4. Any way to set the alarm clock to a default time with default reminder changed from 15 to 10 minutes?

5. How to COMPLETELY remove active search (files + HS icon)

6. How do I change the NAMES of the profiles? I want to change one of them to "Car" and one to "Navigation"

7. How can I make BlueTooth auto-enable when selecting a certain profile?

8. Is is possible to define LONGPRESS right (red) soft-key as KILLME app to close EVERYTHING?

9. Can I change the apps @ the MediaBar (not the icons!)?

[partly SOLVED] 10. Is there a programm like BT Switch to change from GSM to DualMode and back? If so, how to make it auto-change according to profile?

11. How to make Opera the default browser?

12. Using enCam or other camera enhancer *.txt file? Do you see ANY difference when compared to the original *.txt

13. What can be deleted from starter_non_critical_1.rsc AND starter_background_apps.rsc to boost phone? What will happen if related programm will be deleted/disabled?

14. How to auto-enable theme effects of default theme?

... ok, so far that's all I need to know. I know its much to ask, but I think many people here wonder about this as well.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Many questions about HOW TO's ... 5800XM (HS Shortcuts and other stuff)

Please, someone answer...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Many questions about HOW TO's ... 5800XM (HS Shortcuts and other stuff)

maybe you can read the 5800 user manual or use google?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

maybe you can read the 5800 user manual or use google?
    ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!

As if FW modding related topics would ever show up in a manual... and google is not so helpful afterall if no one feeds it with information - same as in this and every other message board about FW modding. People here seem to be very lazy when it comes to sharing their findings and knowledge with the masses, although many CFWs feature things I am looking for. DIY is not that easy when you don't consider yourself pro at programming, hex-editing or have spare time like crap.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i only can answer you with links to the threads according to your questions:
    6. How do I change the NAMES of the profiles? I want to change one of them to "Car" and one to "Navigation"

http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...c,19337.0.html

9. Can I change the apps @ the MediaBar (not the icons!)?

http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...c,17844.0.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thanks but NPs explanation doesn't help at all - allready know about it. No matter what I try it still shows the default name of the profile.

The Mediabar thread is somewhat messed up, misleading and there is not really any proof if it is working. I will give it a try and see if I can swap "share data" for Ovi Maps. At least the icon fits nicely.
    EDIT: Nope, no chance... can't even find die *.dll or the *.rsc for editing. Only the language file and editing this won't work

Oh, any news on your Shortcuts HS as default problem? I finally managed to get email notification onto my Shortcuts HS but more shortcuts would be nice... I think maybe if one changes the HS file we could get additional shortcuts - but I'm absolutely not into hex-editing ^^

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I'm a bit puzzled by what your asking here mate as once you turn them on they run with any theme, even after rebooting or turning the handset off.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G

I'm a bit puzzled by what your asking here mate as once you turn them on they run with any theme, even after rebooting or turning the handset off.
    i think he means to build it in acfw that they are automatically enabled after flashing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

11.) you should download the final version of Opera mini or Opera Mobile and you can now make it a default browser but not all apps use Opera even if its set to be default. as for the CFW i dont know how but you should have the final version of Opera as your first step on making it a default browser on your CFW

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Guys, please don't tell me obvious stuff =)

Everything is to be embedded in CFW
    I got the newest version of every programm I need (even the one for Q10)... I just need some *.txt files explained (I think). Key and value that is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast