Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: 5800 Processor - How much overclocking can it take?

Interesting...

I see in another post a string in some 10202be9 file wich handles the CPU usage. Don't remember the filename, but the string value is 50 - corresponding about 50% of rate.

So, if we set this value to 100, the phone OS will speed up the CPU to maximum rate, instead of 50%, when need?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

No the file you are talking about is an info file. It just stores a value corresponding to the CPU speed. It doesn't control the CPU speed. CPU speed is controlled by files in core.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

first tell me OC process.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Anindya1989
    No the file you are talking about is an info file. It just stores a value corresponding to the CPU speed. It doesn't control the CPU speed. CPU speed is controlled by files in core.
    Thanks. You know wich files?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by romulocarlos
    Thanks. You know wich files?
    Im talking about this file "private/10202BE9/20001079.txt"

Take a look at this
    http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.php?topic=21076.0

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Im talking about this file "private/10202BE9/20001079.txt"

Take a look at this
    http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.php?topic=21076.0
    Thats not the file I talk about. I don't remember which one, but when back in home I'll get.

BTW, if the files are in core, we can extract them, edit, drop on ROFS2 and repack. These files will be overwrited on flash processs, don't? At least, I have read the sequence is: CORE -> ROFS3 -> ROFS2 -> UDA.

Right?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

BTW, if the files are in core, we can extract them, edit, drop on ROFS2 and repack. These files will be overwrited on flash processs, don't? At least, I have read the sequence is: CORE -> ROFS3 -> ROFS2 -> UDA.

Right?
    Actually there are two school of thoughts available about the flashing process. The first school of thought says that while flashing ROFS3 overwrites ROFS2 which overwrites ROFS1 which overwrites CORE.
    The second school of thought which i believe in says that no file is actually OVERWRITTEN. I believe that all the segments CORE, ROFS1, ROFS2 and ROFS3 are written sequentially in that order in ROM. When a file is needed the OS starts reading the ROM from ROFS3 then ROFS2 then ROFS1 and then finally CORE. In this process the OS skips the files it already found before. For example if the OS needs a file X it will at first search ROFS3. If it finds the file there then it will skip all other occurrence of the file in the other segments and if it does not find the file in ROFS3 in will look in ROFS2 next. So logically the core files are overwritten but physically there is no overwriting.

And your idea of putting the files in ROFS2 and repacking might work. But i dont know the core files that control the clock speed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Actually there are two school of thoughts available about the flashing process. The first school of thought says that while flashing ROFS3 overwrites ROFS2 which overwrites ROFS1 which overwrites CORE.
    The second school of thought which i believe in says that no file is actually OVERWRITTEN. I believe that all the segments CORE, ROFS1, ROFS2 and ROFS3 are written sequentially in that order in ROM. When a file is needed the OS starts reading the ROM from ROFS3 then ROFS2 then ROFS1 and then finally CORE. In this process the OS skips the files it already found before. For example if the OS needs a file X it will at first search ROFS3. If it finds the file there then it will skip all other occurrence of the file in the other segments and if it does not find the file in ROFS3 in will look in ROFS2 next. So logically the core files are overwritten but physically there is no overwriting.

And your idea of putting the files in ROFS2 and repacking might work. But i dont know the core files that control the clock speed.
    Man, you are a master of phones... hehe... when I grow up, I wanna be like you!

+1, Thanks!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Man, you are a master of phones... hehe... when I grow up, I wanna be like you!

+1, Thanks!
    Not at all. I dont know much about softwares. The only thing i do know in details about is hardware. Actually im an Electronics and Telecommunication Engineer so i have to design RAM's ROM's and other chips. So i know some stuff about phone hardware. When it comes to modding Symbian im no more than a novice.

But thanks for the +1 .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12