Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    LIBFAKK

Default Re: WOW! Good News! reclaim 8Mb if u r not a gamer or anything u don want in core!

how did you do that? 71mb ram + 77mb phone memory? only with this mod?
    I have been working on my CFW since the tool was released so there has been many changes.
    Many apps that i didn't like or use has been replaced by renamed empty txt.
    Unwanted languages have been removed galabuon way.
    All original tones have been replaced by renamed empty txt.
    Then this mod helped me removing the apps completely.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: WOW! Good News! reclaim 8Mb if u r not a gamer or anything u don want in core!

oh. i see, thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by LIBFAKK
    I have been working on my CFW since the tool was released so there has been many changes.
    Many apps that i didn't like or use has been replaced by renamed empty txt.
    Unwanted languages have been removed galabuon way.
    All original tones have been replaced by renamed empty txt.
    Then this mod helped me removing the apps completely.
    well, since i need chinese support, i cant remove the fonts which, totally, 6MB+....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by boyriot
    how did you do that? 71mb ram + 77mb phone memory? only with this mod?
    Managed to get 81,2MB free phone memory. Got two full languages installed, a lot of patches including 5 homescreens, added ringtones and a couple of apps. Only removed Freeheart.mp4 from the core using this mod, nothing else. Cleared the remaining files by just removing unnecessary files from the rofs2 and rofs3. Running as smooth as silk. :P Imaging the disk space after removing the preinstalled games...
    //edit: reflash (removed help files).. now at 83MB free space.

Default WOW! Good News! reclaim 8Mb if u r not a gamer or anything u don want [UPDATE]

UPDATE!! (5 apr)

CONFIRMED! some files cannot be nullified, or else, applications cant be uninstalled
    i deleted lang files these days, and then started to clean up those i don want to have. yesterday nite, i found that apps couldnt be uninstalled. finally, i rolled back to my previous version and problem solved.

possible causes:
    i've no idea which file(s) caused this problem yet coz i've removed many files, while some were emptied. i'll try to sort it out and post them here
    if anyone have any hints about which files r found to be critical, pls kindly post them here also for reference

thx a lot

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Why not make a list with everything that can be deleted @ CORE/ROFS2/ROFS3 and where to place the files (if we need to)?

I think it would be hard for everyone to find out for him-/herself.

PS: I sometimes wonder why there is no "complete mods and how to do them" thread on ANY board ^^

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sellfish
    Why not make a list with everything that can be deleted @ CORE/ROFS2/ROFS3 and where to place the files (if we need to)?

I think it would be hard for everyone to find out for him-/herself.

PS: I sometimes wonder why there is no "complete mods and how to do them" thread on ANY board ^^
    I agree, that would be quite handy. Tried disabling the default converter.exe but this just made my phone go on and off...

Quote Originally Posted by Sellfish
    I sometimes wonder why there is no "complete mods and how to do them" thread on ANY board ^^
    there's no complete mod boz it's not documented properly, i think

Quote Originally Posted by DcR-Nl
    Tried disabling the default converter.exe but this just made my phone go on and off...
    now at least i know not to remove converter.exe

i've even removed im, welcomelauncher, etc but not yet discover which one harms

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345