Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: 5800 v31 homescreen with v40 firmware

Did you guys read what I had written? I grabbed files related to contacts home screen on v31 firmware. It only half-worked. See my posts earlier.
    The question is: Is there a way to hex-edit files to get home screen working?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by merpius
    Yeah I renamed it exactly as it was named in the folder. It is TMP23fce.o0010 in my install. Interestingly, what looks like happened is it did not like that file, so it left it there and created a new one, named TMP00d40.o0010 which is identical to the old one, at least in size. Presumably the actual file it is drawing upon is somewhere else... perhaps the same path on the Z: drive, which does appear to have several files with the same size but named FRI.o00XX

Ok, I also downloaded the firmwares for all of the NAM versions for RM-428 and the rofs2 file appears to be identical for them all. I extracted them and looked at the FRI files in the appropriate place and they appeared to be identical, and identical to the one I have as well. Perhaps the capability is already there and there is just some hidden setting to enable it, since it IS enabled for at least one of those firmwares (whichever is the navigation edition)?

By any chance did u have the shortcut theme active while overwriting it? If so, choose a different one and overwrite it and see how it goes. If anything just CFW it, I think u can flash it without erasing ur presets. It should work just like how we imported other HS.

Quote Originally Posted by bmy
    Did you guys read what I had written? I grabbed files related to contacts home screen on v31 firmware. It only half-worked. See my posts earlier.
    The question is: Is there a way to hex-edit files to get home screen working?
    I think it has to do with other files associated with the contact bar. I had no luck importing the regular contact v31 into v40. If you read the N97 HS importing u'll understand what I'm saying. =)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 5800XM_User

By any chance did u have the shortcut theme active while overwriting it? If so, choose a different one and overwrite it and see how it goes. If anything just CFW it, I think u can flash it without erasing ur presets. It should work just like how we imported other HS.
    I did have it active, so I just tried as you suggest; activate a different HS, then copy it over. I found that it automatically creates a new copy of the v40 HS version whenever the old one is deleted. It appears to not care if you rename it, though, as this does not trigger the recreation, however it does seem to insist on using the v40 version of the file. I think this has to be done by CFW.

I have yet to be able to flash the firmware without having everything reset so I might have to give it a week or two, in order to recover good will with my wife from earlier in the week when I spent a bunch of time flashing and reinstalling.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

You have to do it on the firmware, so it would stay on z, because if you only switch those files on C, the Z one will override the C one . So probably the solution is using this same file while cooking your firmware and placing it on Rofs!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234