Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 95 of 133 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Next Project Adding Nokia n97 HS OR Widget ON NOKIA 5800

C'mon C-o-M dont give up now, sir jake will lead us to success

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ruslover
    Standalone installation of S^3 would not bring easiness by regarding its requirements to be gained for S60V5, but "C-o-M" still could not persieve
    Standalone app would contain all the dependencies needed to run symbian^3 homescreen including matrix menu, avkon libraries... Why it shouldn't work huh?

Are you even a programmer? or maybe a part of nokia's staff ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@Ruslover, of course C-o-M meant that all the related services will be installed along with the actual application. We have identified all the needed components and those can be compiled now in v5 SDK. Matrix Menu is not needed btw.

There is a difference between modding and compiling and installing the software. With modding you might need to replace tons of dlls and other files before everything is binary compatible. Now with the availability of the source code it is possible to modify the code and make sure that everything works. Some feature can also be dropped if it has too deep dependencies.

Next we are going to rename a few dlls so that Symbian^3 Homescreen can run as standalone app. At the moment I don't think that we have to do lot of renaming as many of the components have different name already.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by C-o-M
    I'll do nothing. I wanted to show some details about the progress of backporting, but it seems that no one wants to understand. I'll back down and leave the field to the pessimists and "is it impossible"/"give me screens"-criers.
    comorlok I would say i ignore what other say. we have come too far to give up now. remember the hard work and time we have put in this. it can be very frustrating when others do not share your enthusiasm. in a way it is my fault i should not have posted progress about the project here i'll keep it in mind in future.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PkO_jake
    @Ruslover, of course C-o-M meant that all the related services will be installed along with the actual application. We have identified all the needed components and those can be compiled now in v5 SDK. Matrix Menu is not needed btw.

There is a difference between modding and compiling and installing the software. With modding you might need to replace tons of dlls and other files before everything is binary compatible. Now with the availability of the source code it is possible to modify the code and make sure that everything works. Some feature can also be dropped if it has too deep dependencies.

Next we are going to rename a few dlls so that Symbian^3 Homescreen can run as standalone app. At the moment I don't think that we have to do lot of renaming as many of the components have different name already.
    good news, all developer till work 4 this come true

thx +1 PkO_jake

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by C-o-M
    I'll do nothing. I wanted to show some details about the progress of backporting, but it seems that no one wants to understand. I'll back down and leave the field to the pessimists and "is it impossible"/"give me screens"-criers.
    Nobody imply that "it is impossible" or "give me screens" as you indicating, libelously...
    Although i explained that "i did not meant it is impossible, just someone read my previous explanations and concluded him(/her)self that it is impossible", still you act as if was true by making illusive scenarios yourself...
    If i would imply that it is impossible, i would not interest this forum and this topic...
    I try to help just for getting S^3 HS on S60V5 devices, like everyone...
    Also, i am not interested with who will take care or not my explanations while trying to import S^3 HS to S60V5...
    I did explained just my knowledge (could be true or not) about S^3 HS package requirements (reading file contents of this package by opening Visual Studio and Cardibe++) and current S60V5 file system...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

And I explained just my knowledge about programming. But if you don't believe me, maybe you believe Jake.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

You people have put your hard efforts in this and don't let these minor things effect this great purpose or else all your efforts will be in vain and will not yield any fruits...

After all you are 3 to 4 people those who are working on this, rest of us just disturbing you or watching the progress...

we all know that Patience is the Key here to the Success

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

dont give up.. to eveyone saying its impossible.. its not.. as for screenshots, how would you make a screenshot if theres nothing to take a shot of. just cuz it doesnt display on the emulator doesnt mean nothing is
    working or no progress is being made.

keep up the good work guys!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

every1 stop fighting... be a good baby... lolz...
    p.s. i'm so small(age) that i'm almost a baby for the great modders...

Page 95 of 133 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast