Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 94 of 133 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Next Project Adding Nokia n97 HS OR Widget ON NOKIA 5800

ruslover, you are too far in the future

For now, S^3 HS doesn't even run. The next step is to build it in a way that it can coexist with all the existing files without replacing anything. So the hs will be a standalone application. If everything works, you can install it on your phone without modding, but it won't work as real replacement.

(BTW: how does handyshell achieves to "replace" the original hs when pressing MSK? This would be an option, although it would need more ram.)

When this step is done, one can try to replace the original hs. And you are right, it could be one possibility (I forgot that, so we have now 4 ) to build wrapper dlls with just the new few features. But that's hard to do because then we do not have access to private variables of the original classes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I understand, +1 ruslover...so it's impossible to import the homescreen in s60v5 devices...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i don't want to believe this o0

a standalone app should be possible, shouldn't it?

regards, kevin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Guys, do you always read only the last post? It is possible. As a standalone app and most likely also as a replacement on hacked phones. It only needs time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i've read all of the post well at least four times ... it's just somethin g like confusion goin round, when some users say it is impossible ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

yes..like ruslover...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by C-o-M
    ruslover, you are too far in the future

For now, S^3 HS doesn't even run. The next step is to build it in a way that it can coexist with all the existing files without replacing anything. So the hs will be a standalone application. If everything works, you can install it on your phone without modding, but it won't work as real replacement.

(BTW: how does handyshell achieves to "replace" the original hs when pressing MSK? This would be an option, although it would need more ram.)

When this step is done, one can try to replace the original hs. And you are right, it could be one possibility (I forgot that, so we have now 4 ) to build wrapper dlls with just the new few features. But that's hard to do because then we do not have access to private variables of the original classes.

I think you could not persieve any situation easily...
    Third party apps (standalone) like handyshell or any other (e.g. incoming SPBShell v5.0 for Symbian) could be installed as a standalone homescreen shell integrity on S60V5 devices...
    This means that develepor of these softwares desinged them for default menu cunstructure and other services feature and adding extra services of their related standalone application by using S60V5 source tools...
    An other words, installing e.g. handyshell to 5800 not means that installation of handyshell also bringing matrix menu support for 5800 or any other widgetazed services...
    However, we are talking about S^3 HS try to importing S60V5 either by flashing as modified firmware or just as a standalone application...
    Assume that S^3 HS would be installed as standalone application S60V5 devices... Do you imply that when S^3 HS installed as just standalone application to S60V5, then no need to S60V5 devices have to be services e.g. matrix menu support( including akn skin library, avkon icon library), HSPS, content publishing... that required by S^3 HS package?
    How could you obtain required services of importing S^3 to S60V5, when installing it just as a standalone app?
    What is the difference between importing S^3 HS either by modifiying firmware or just as standalone application to S60V5?
    In either cases, still you have to provide S^3 HS' required service supports for S60V5 platform to runs it properly...
    This complexity coming from either N97 (Symbian^2) or Symbian^3 widgetized Homescreens requiring these menu type and services support which don't exist S60V5 devices...

By the way, some people understood my explanations wrongly and concluding yourself as if i meant that "S^3 importing to S60V5 impossible"...
    This is just their conclusion, not idea of my explanations...
    I believe that S^3 HS to S60V5 devices in a way, but currently have some restrictions...
    I just imply that if S^3 HS or N97 HS requires some extra service supports for S60V5, these services supports must be gained for S60V5 in a way, either installing as stand alone or by modified flashing...

Standalone installation of S^3 would not bring easiness by regarding its requirements to be gained for S60V5, but "C-o-M" still could not persieve

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I give up, it's impossible to port

One last question: have you ever developed software?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@ruslover what kind of services are you referring to.
    @c-o-m can we just continue to work on the backporting project. even if we fail atleast there will be satisfaction that we tried.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I'll do nothing. I wanted to show some details about the progress of backporting, but it seems that no one wants to understand. I'll back down and leave the field to the pessimists and "is it impossible"/"give me screens"-criers.

Page 94 of 133 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast