Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 78 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Next Project Adding Nokia n97 HS OR Widget ON NOKIA 5800

Quote Originally Posted by sword
    no not yet.. sorry i am on the go now.. will do my best

GO ON IT BUT DON'T GO FROM HERE!!!! lolz.....
    best of luck..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ruslover
    The problem is not missing of N97 HS files and dependency files...
    Even if all HS files ready and collected in a folder, the problem is that how to replace these files with default menu and HS files of 5800 which located in C00 core file.
    C00 file could not be edited yet...
    Cooking ROFS2 with modified HS files didn't work also, because of conflicting 5800 default menu and HS files contained C00 file...
    It could be possible S60V5 SDK Emulator that any files removed or replaced by corresponding N97 HS files, but when flashing to phone it is impossible unless editing C00 core file...
    If C00 could be edited successfully, it is very easy...
    Maybe just N97's entire firmware will be edited to only remove camera, fm transmitter, compass, slider, etc. related files and then flash to 5800...
    I think we can overwrite the C00 files if they are in ROFS2.
    C00 is flashed first, then ROFS1, ROFS2 and ROFS3.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bBb_tTt
    I think we can overwrite the C00 files if they are in ROFS2.
    C00 is flashed first, then ROFS1, ROFS2 and ROFS3.
    I know order of file flashing, but think about max sizes of rofs2 and rofs3 (30-35mb) are not enough for overwriting all default menu and HS files of 5800 located in C00 file. The size of dependency files i have found is 8.1mb which could be added to rofs2 by deleting help files. However, no dependency knowledge of 5800 default menu and HS files exist. Also, corresponding default 5800 files may have different names like ai/ai3, xn/xn3, menu3/matrixmenu, etc...
    So, overwriting n97 files to default 5800 files is also could be problem during flash progress...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

but names of those files could be found by opening the core file of 5800? And then v can change the names of n97 files to those names so that v can overwrite them. Just a thought correct me if i'm wrong?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

if you delete the language files and keep just English, then you can free up 7-8 MB, or in my case it is possible, because I have 7 languages

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

sir darkside and sir ruslover do u think what i said is possible

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sanchitgrover
    but names of those files could be found by opening the core file of 5800? And then v can change the names of n97 files to those names so that v can overwrite them. Just a thought correct me if i'm wrong?
    I have no idea about how system files interacted between themselves and in which manner (maybe their binary coded names, maybe another special way) one is calling the other for processing a function. When i was searching dependency files of N97, i noticed that most of HS files dependent with ecom, efsrv, eikcore, estor, euser, ws32, ... files. These are most populer files between dependency files and i don't know which type of data contained in these files. Maybe they include a list of dependent files and checking them at startup or they include specific hardware related info etc.
    So, transferring directly these criticial files from N97 device to 5800 may be wrong because of possibility for containing specific hardware info of N97 device.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

so how do u think that cracking core files would help?? I can't understand that every1 says that it 'd be very easy if edit the core file. But how? What's the proof?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i cannot see why u guys now try to port N97 HS again...

i don't want to offend someone but Jake said, that porting is possible but very complex ...

why don't u concentrate on porting symbian^3 on a tube? (think this will leed to success not try to port N97s HS ....) (what is also complex but easier than portin n97 HS ...)

regards, kevin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Symbian^3 porting is easier in a sense that you all can access the source code of it. Otherwise it does not differ very much from the N97 Homescreen.

Many people are trying to get this work by taking the dlls from n97 and replacing the ones in 5800. They take the dlls from N97, because there isn't a Symbian^3 phone out yet. It's very hard to get Homescreen to work this way as there might be binary breaks in many of the dlls.

My approach is try to compile Symbian^3 Homescreen on top of v5 SDK. Once this is done we can evaluate on the emulator all the binary breaks and maybe drop some feature or replace the changed component with the one from Symbian^3. This way we can get crash free Homescreen.

Here is some pointers for you. Ailaunch.exe is important executable as it is in the phones starter list and so will be started in the phone boot. http://developer.symbian.org/xref/os...p/hslaunch.mmp In Symbian^3 ailaunch.exe starts another executable, homescreen.exe, which in turn loads idlefw.dll. In N97 ailaunch loads idlefw directly. There isn't many dlls with the same names between 5800 and N97. Only the ones in http://developer.symbian.org/xref/os...eensrv/idlefw/ I think. That means that all the other dlls can be on C-drive.

In some cases it is possible to just place the dll with the same name on c-drive and it will be loaded instead of one from z. Not sure if it works with the idlefw dlls and ailaunch.exe.

Anyway, if we manage to compile and make Symbian^3 Homescreen work on v5 SDKs, who knows if Nokia is willing to make an official release. Or maybe provide a signed sis file, which installs the new Homescreen. Anything is possible nowadays.

Page 78 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast