Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 53 of 133 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Next Project Adding Nokia n97 HS OR Widget ON NOKIA 5800

yup yup! and the ppl over at symbian dev seem helpful too. hopefully soon...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i am flashing and experimenting the whole day.. but never got this hs... =(

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

you get the ZIP they are talking about on that forum? i downloaded it, check on there and see Jake's last post, it contains some guidelines.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

yes but my phone is crashing if i do so..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

dont think its as simple as flashing with those files.. i pm'd him requesting a few bits of info. ill post em here as soon as he replies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i asked him and he gave me the files.. but it did not work!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sword
    i asked him and he gave me the files.. but it did not work!
    which files have you got?
    can you share these files for us?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

some new people could be seen rolling. Nice to see u people working. And hey sir jake looks helpful too. Sir steven i'm dying to hear good news from u as well??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hi all, I am Jake, the Homescreen package owner (PkO). I decided to register and comment on this forum also so that Danele doesn't need to copy paste my answers from Symbian Foundation (SF) forum.

It's really nice to see that you people show interest towards Symbian^3 and especially Homescreen. I also think and believe that it is a big improvement and will be loved by the people. We have worked hard to get the multi page support, which is the biggest individual feature. Performance and the usability has also increased big time. Check out this link for the complete feature list http://developer.symbian.org/wiki/in...an%5E3Features .

I suggested porting Symbian^3 instead of N97 Homescreen, because N97 one is missing multi page feature for example. Symbian^3 Homescreen does not have that many extra dependencies. All the existing N97 widgets are compatible with the Symbian^3 Homescreen.

I haven't ever done any modding on Symbian phones, so the first thing I will do is to read some of the post and figure out what you guys are indeed able to do with our phones Anyway, as the Symbian is open source now it is possible to compile the needed binaries. And it seems that you are somehow able to flash those into phone as well !?!

I already got requests to provide the complete solution, which I don't have. Only way forward is hard work on tracking down the dependencies and including the needed components from Symbian^3 to 5800. Many people needs to be involved on this work as its huge effort for a single person. I'm not even willing to lead this project as it would take too much of my (not so valuable) time. But certainly I can help and contribute my share.

Btw, Swordlink did not get any files from me as can be understood from the above post.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PkO_jake
    Hi all, I am Jake, the Homescreen package owner (PkO). I decided to register and comment on this forum also so that Danele doesn't need to copy paste my answers from Symbian Foundation (SF) forum.

It's really nice to see that you people show interest towards Symbian^3 and especially Homescreen. I also think and believe that it is a big improvement and will be loved by the people. We have worked hard to get the multi page support, which is the biggest individual feature. Performance and the usability has also increased big time. Check out this link for the complete feature list http://developer.symbian.org/wiki/in...an%5E3Features .

I suggested porting Symbian^3 instead of N97 Homescreen, because N97 one is missing multi page feature for example. Symbian^3 Homescreen does not have that many extra dependencies. All the existing N97 widgets are compatible with the Symbian^3 Homescreen.

I haven't ever done any modding on Symbian phones, so the first thing I will do is to read some of the post and figure out what you guys are indeed able to do with our phones Anyway, as the Symbian is open source now it is possible to compile the needed binaries. And it seems that you are somehow able to flash those into phone as well !?!

I already got requests to provide the complete solution, which I don't have. Only way forward is hard work on tracking down the dependencies and including the needed components from Symbian^3 to 5800. Many people needs to be involved on this work as its huge effort for a single person. I'm not even willing to lead this project as it would take too much of my (not so valuable) time. But certainly I can help and contribute my share.

Btw, Swordlink did not get any files from me as can be understood from the above post.
    wecome to the forum ...so i can say that we made huge progress...i hope

Page 53 of 133 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast