Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 127 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1329
  1. #1261
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    844
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Next Project Adding Nokia n97 HS OR Widget ON NOKIA 5800

    Quote Originally Posted by 00770077
    this is good news..... wooow im too excited too.... this is the revolution....
    this day will be On History of the nokia 5800 XM life...

    one question... wen we will have a download link?
    As soon as finished.

  2. #1262
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    27
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Next Project Adding Nokia n97 HS OR Widget ON NOKIA 5800

    I think moders won and nokia lost
    nothing can stop Genius moders ... gr8 work

  3. #1263
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    135
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Next Project Adding Nokia n97 HS OR Widget ON NOKIA 5800

    If they(NOKIA) dont wont S^3 Hs or some things like that on theyr phones like 5800 they dont make the S^3 open source...
    so i think they have planned this for "re lunch" the 5800 etc...

    PS: Wen i say S^3 its the same as Symbian^3

  4. #1264
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    844
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Next Project Adding Nokia n97 HS OR Widget ON NOKIA 5800

    Quote Originally Posted by 00770077
    If they(NOKIA) dont wont S^3 Hs or some things like that on theyr phones like 5800 they dont make the S^3 open source...
    so i think they have planned this for "re lunch" the 5800 etc...

    PS: Wen i say S^3 its the same as Symbian^3
    Not Nokia made S^3 open source. The Symbian Foundation (what is the property of Nokia, but still a separate OSS Foundation) made it open source. This way ANYONE can do development, so the OS will be perfect. Of course Nokia has it's own rights on the site (choosing wich modification will be accepted to the main MFC branch and wich not), so it's not totally our choose. But still we have access to the source, we can see how it works, and we can backport stuff. This way Nokia achieves Symbian's main sentence (Open for anything) and yet still they can control it. Nokia NEVER intended to have them on older phones (that's why Symbian Signed will never accept any non-carrier home screens built from public sources or ported from an existing phone).

  5. #1265
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    135
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Next Project Adding Nokia n97 HS OR Widget ON NOKIA 5800

    Quote Originally Posted by fonix232
    Not Nokia made S^3 open source. The Symbian Foundation (what is the property of Nokia, but still a separate OSS Foundation) made it open source. This way ANYONE can do development, so the OS will be perfect. Of course Nokia has it's own rights on the site (choosing wich modification will be accepted to the main MFC branch and wich not), so it's not totally our choose. But still we have access to the source, we can see how it works, and we can backport stuff. This way Nokia achieves Symbian's main sentence (Open for anything) and yet still they can control it. Nokia NEVER intended to have them on older phones (that's why Symbian Signed will never accept any non-carrier home screens built from public sources or ported from an existing phone).
    sorry... i dont know that
    so this is a Unsigned Symbian Project?
    and nokia dont like the idea to have this on the 5800?

  6. #1266
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    844
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Next Project Adding Nokia n97 HS OR Widget ON NOKIA 5800

    Quote Originally Posted by 00770077
    sorry... i dont know that
    so this is a Unsigned Symbian Project?
    and nokia dont like the idea to have this on the 5800?

    Well kinda. Nokia never wanted Symbian to be hackable.

  7. #1267
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    135
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Next Project Adding Nokia n97 HS OR Widget ON NOKIA 5800

    Quote Originally Posted by fonix232

    Well kinda. Nokia never wanted Symbian to be hackable.
    wy.? wen we hack our phones we have some Freedom to use anything we wont... in my point of view it make the phone more interesting....
    One more question do we have some date or something for the release?
    and we will be able to have s^3 "ported" to 5800 and other devices?

  8. #1268
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    844
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Next Project Adding Nokia n97 HS OR Widget ON NOKIA 5800

    Quote Originally Posted by 00770077
    wy.? wen we hack our phones we have some Freedom to use anything we wont... in my point of view it make the phone more interesting....
    One more question do we have some date or something for the release?
    and we will be able to have s^3 "ported" to 5800 and other devices?
    But hacking isn't supported by Nokia. And no, 5800 is not powerful enough to run S^3.

  9. #1269
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    68
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Next Project Adding Nokia n97 HS OR Widget ON NOKIA 5800

    Quote Originally Posted by fonix232

    Well kinda. Nokia never wanted Symbian to be hackable.
    They paid 264 million to acquire and make it open source.

  10. #1270
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    96
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Next Project Adding Nokia n97 HS OR Widget ON NOKIA 5800

    they didn't exactly make it open source for fun. it's the only way it can (only maybe) compete with android, which is currently kicking nokia's ass in the high end market. even after going open source, it's not fully ready yet, and the release has been postponed from Q2 2010 to later this year.


 
Page 127 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Nokia 5800 - RM-428 - [BETA V3] CFW Adding Custom Languages from RM-356 ROFS2
    By sonymd in forum Symbian S60V5 Custom Firmware / Cooking - Files and Releases
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 02-16-2013, 12:18 AM
  2. Next Project? Porting Walkman Player to Nokia S60 5th Edition!
    By borjok536 in forum Symbian S60V5 Modding
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-24-2010, 05:27 PM
  3. Nokia 5800 and N97 Theme # 1087 - Facebook Dark Project By MikeLarry
    By mike_Larry in forum Symbian S60v5 Themes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2010, 11:48 AM
  4. Changing or adding language to Nokia N97
    By aboltus in forum Symbian S60v5 Firmware Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-31-2009, 03:38 PM
  5. Problem in adding new detail for contacts for nokia 5800
    By gzar11 in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-24-2009, 09:23 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •