Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 115 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1329
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Next Project Adding Nokia n97 HS OR Widget ON NOKIA 5800

Quote Originally Posted by xhXnx
    Ok, sorry to be rude but keep quiet, wait and be patient.. -.-

They all have lives so the project is not dedicated 100%.. Come on guys, they're not robots..

I don't said they are. But at least they should release something (like modified sources on an SVN server, with some readme or build instructions) so we can test it and report back to them!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by fonix232

I don't said they are. But at least they should release something (like modified sources on an SVN server, with some readme or build instructions) so we can test it and report back to them!
    They will post when they are ready and or when they plan to, have patience bro!! dont put pressure on them, it is a voluntary project and they are already trying their best...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by xhXnx
    Ok, sorry to be rude but keep quiet, wait and be patient.. -.-

They all have lives so the project is not dedicated 100%.. Come on guys, they're not robots..
    you do realise that this type of message has been posted an equal number of times to the number of so-called annoying status questions right, making it equally annoying? people aren't idiots, they aren't trying to rush volunteers into giving them the final product, again, VOLUNTEERS. all they're doing is expressing our excitement regarding ongoing project. if this thread didn't have that, it'll be like five pages long with less than ten contributors who'll be left wondering, how come nobody else seems to care about this?

so yes i can say it proudly, i want it RIGHT NOW, but i don't expect it to be delivered right now, obviously.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by paarkhi
    They will post when they are ready and or when they plan to, have patience bro!! dont put pressure on them, it is a voluntary project and they are already trying their best...
    Yes I know it. Still, if they would post some code parts, it could be revived by some of us (who know proper programming lang) and could be debugged faster. Some of the programmers here would help them without a word!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Yes I know it. Still, if they would post some code parts, it could be revived by some of us (who know proper programming lang) and could be debugged faster. Some of the programmers here would help them without a word!
    i think if here are any programmers who are willing to help, they would say it and ask how they can help. there is no need for us who cant help to write here i think. let they do the work and when its done, they will release it here

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by shino82
    i think if here are any programmers who are willing to help, they would say it and ask how they can help. there is no need for us who cant help to write here i think. let they do the work and when its done, they will release it here

Well we can help too. Let me point some things out:
    - Testing
    - Translating the "final" version ( as currently the Symbian^3 platform is only English, or maybe there are some more minor langs like French, German, etc)
    - Ideas
    - Building
    - Maybe even coding?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Well we can help too. Let me point some things out:
    - Testing
    - Translating the "final" version ( as currently the Symbian^3 platform is only English, or maybe there are some more minor langs like French, German, etc)
    - Ideas
    - Building
    - Maybe even coding?
    then write them a pm or describe at developer.symbian.org/ and ask there if u can help. the real work takes place there, so there should be the people u can contact

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Any Programmer, beta tester willing to help, please post his ideas here as this is the right page where they will notice it and not here.
    only one word to all the the enthusiastic people is that we are also waiting eagerly as you all waiting but hold tight its near as watching their development cycle..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

all those ppl who are eager for the release , Please be patient (i know u've heard this part before) ... Let me tell you the steps involved from here

1. It needs to compile correctly (all dependencies need to be taken care of) .. think this is done
    2. Test it on the emulator
    3. If successful, create an installation package
    4. However since most emulators cannot satisfactorily emulate the memory model of the hardware (in this case, the fone), a successful test on the emulator would not automatically warrant success on the device ... So further tweaking is necessary ... IMHO, to run it on the 5800/5530/5230/5233, lot of optimization would be necessary as these devices have a limited amount of memory (128MB with free ram ~55-60MB at most) ... and then we would be done

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

This is my experience of development with a Mobile OS (i dont know how good the Symbian emulator is ... never used it ) .. and again, i have never worked with back porting ... so the steps mentioned above might not be very accurate ... If you are eager to get your hands dirty, use the following links

1. Download emulator from here (Symbian ^1 emulator) http://developer.symbian.org/main/to...kits/index.php
    2. Request the developers for the compiled files.
    3. Debug Debug Debug in case of errors/panic ( epocwind.out will have the log of the debugger)
    4. Share your progress with the forum

Cheers

Page 115 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast